Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66769 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3... Let's do this again.
« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2013, 04:41:04 pm »

"Hold on for a minute Ryan, I have a plan! Or rather, I'm coming up with one as I go along..."

Shoot the sheriff with the sniper rifle to cause a panic. Then teleWARp to some random civilian in the crowd to avoid detection, and pretend to be a police officer going to get Ryan.

[5] You immediately draw your rifle, to the surprise of all of the staff nearby. Luckily, most of them aren't even armed with much more than nightsticks and batons. You shoot the sheriff, and as they converge on your position you teleWARp to some random crowd member. Confused, the men around your previous location panic, and soon enough the alarm is sounded.

--

Davis felt a cool breeze fly past his head. Instinctively, he turns around to see the assailant now behind him!

"Don't shoot! I can help you!"

Dominic looked at him but thought Davis was only pretending to be a traitor. Dominic decided to play along with Davis so that they could apprehend the criminal later.

((EDIT: I didn't see McDreich's post. However I feel like this is an interesting turn of events. Shall I make this mini-roll canon?))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2013, 09:35:14 pm »

(yeah sure. All nice and complicated to my puny head XD)

Davis looked at the man that had just popped in front of him. Managing to deduce this man was against the authorities, a quick mind check gave indication of being in league with the one on the ground (I assume this is the case, since Davis wouldn't just help someone who was against the authorities here for no reason. Correct me if I'm wrong, and I shall edit :P)

''Come with me!'' Davis next said to the man, before following Zoshan, mind scanning the man to see if he knew more about the warp crystal theft, and why it was taken.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 23, 2013, 09:46:56 pm »

"Look buddy, I would love to, but you and I've gotta help keep the peace around here. Why, I hardly blinked a second ago, and some bastard shot the sheriff. Hell, the cameras even picked up some guy dressed as a member of the force a few minutes ago going around stealing shit. In fact, you kinda look like... WAIT A SECOND! HEY, EVERYONE! THIS SON OF A BITCH SHOT THE SHERIFF! I NEED BACKUP!"

Convince the crowd and police force that Davis is the one who shot the sheriff, and make my way to Ryan while they're distracted, keeping a fair distance away from him and his fire.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2013, 11:06:28 pm »

((I can just tell this is going to be hilarious.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 24, 2013, 12:19:39 am »

Roll 11

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

Quote from: Maxinum McDreich, AKA Davis Theul
''Come with me!'' Davis next said to the man, before following Zoshan, mind scanning the man to see if he knew more about the warp crystal theft, and why it was taken.
Quote from: Wwolin, AKA Steven Cobalt
Convince the crowd and police force that Davis is the one who shot the sheriff, and make my way to Ryan while they're distracted, keeping a fair distance away from him and his fire.

Davis expected the man to comply. After all, psionics usually couldn't use their abilities repeatedly. Not a-entropics, at least. Being surrounded by police staff, civilians (possibly concealing weapons), and guards wasn't something anyone could just walk out of.

Except he could, Steven thought. [2+1] He attempted to frame the wounding of the sheriff on the guy he had just WARped to.

Davis realized that this man was the actual thief. He was rescuing his partner in crime who had suffered amnesia after the warp crystal's Psi-lock exploded and attracted the police. He was normally persuasive, it seemed.
[6] Using his abilities, Davis planted thoughts into everyone around him to resist the thief's attempt at framing him. Since Steven's words were persuasive to the common person, he focused on the civilians and staff rather than the officers, who were already familiar with Davis' role and knew what weapon he had.

Davis won the battle of wits, and soon enough the officers were rushing up the stairs and blocking the room's exits. The civilians pitched in at Davis' mental command, grabbing Steven and preventing him from drawing his weapons again.

Quote from: HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan
First, stock up on popcorn, then, go get the prisoner.

Zoshan had already begun his return to the popcorn stands. [4] Seeing that the situation was being handled, he purchased more popcorn and headed down to the ring to apprehend the prisoner. Suddenly, a flaming body rushed past him.

Quote from: superBlast, AKA Ryan
Look for a dent or something on the wall that can be used to climb out. Run to it and hope extra speed = extra jump power too. If I can't see any good ones, look for an exit on the arena level and head for that.

[5] Ryan vaulted up the wall using his speed boost from burnout to give him enough force to make it to the top. He brushed past the crazy vigilante that tried to duel him and surveyed his surroundings. [1] All four exits to the chamber were blocked by officers halting Steven's escape, and the Dominic was right behind Ryan, holding three cups of popcorn threateningly.

Quote from: Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt
Try to Flash Portal to the roof of the police station. Warn authorities about what is happening.

[3+1(-1 from cooldown)] Russano went to the balcony and attempted to flash again, this time across a much larger distance. Time once again slowed for him, but he proved too mentally exhausted to safely warp all the way to the station, which was three blocks away. To avoid splattering his atomized remains across the city streets, he simply jumped to a random building halfway through on top of which he identified a ladder heading down to ground level.

He received a reply from the sheriff (or so he thought). The voice, however, was different. A woman was responding in the his place:
Excuse me, but the sheriff was just assassinated a few minutes ago. If you're capable of fighting we would love some assistance down in the execution chamber. Could you watch to see if anyone tries to flee the station?[/color]

Execution chamber? Russano wondered how a fight could break out inside one, let alone how it could remain centered in it.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 24, 2013, 12:26:50 am »

After putting away his popcorn, Dominic walked towards the assailant. On the way, he was passed by the prisoner, who was currently on fire and running towards the exit. He ignored him; he's seen crazier things, and the prisoner couldn't get out anyway.
"Tell me, why did you try to frame my associate of murder?"
Ignore Ryan, try to find out why this guy framed Davis.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 10:31:35 pm by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 24, 2013, 12:40:55 am »

"Oh great the weird killer guy is here," Ryan groaned when he seen the guy with the top hat. Good thing he quickly got an idea to get out of this situation and escape. The only problem is he's probably gonna get shot at. Plan was pretty simple to: bum rush to the nearest exit!

If the top hat guy gets in my way, try to jump over him and use his face as a spring board and head to the nearest exit away from the commotion going on at the stands. If he doesn't get in my way, skip the springboard part. While rushing toward the exit see if I can use my technopathic powers on the guards' weapons at the exit to cause them to malfunction or jam up... assuming there is electronics in their weapons. Attempt to run past them.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 02:21:11 am by superBlast »
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2013, 01:56:13 am »

Russano stopped for a moment both to rest and try to understand what exactly was happening.
"...This is unusual to say the least, Miss. As mentioned before, Iron Crown elements are inside the government building. My energies are slightly drained but I will try to assist in your endeavors."

Rest for a while and watch the station for any suspicious movement.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2013, 02:02:50 am »

"Oh great the weird killer guy is here," Ryan groaned when he seen the guy with the top hat. Good thing he quickly got an idea to get out of this situation and escape. The only problem is he's probably gonna get shot at. Plan was pretty simple to: bum rush to the nearest exit!

If the top hat guy gets in my way, try to jump over him and use his face as a spring board and head to the nearest exit away from the commotion going on at the stands. If he doesn't get in my way, skip the springboard part. While rushing toward the exit see if I can use my technopathic powers on there weapons to cause them to malfunction or jam up... assuming there is electronics in their weapons.

((All four exits are blocked by two officers each. Unless you can get past them I can't roll this as I don't know what you plan to do once you reach the exit. They won't just let you through :P))

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2013, 02:19:17 am »

If the top hat guy gets in my way, try to jump over him and use his face as a spring board and head to the nearest exit away from the commotion going on at the stands. If he doesn't get in my way, skip the springboard part. While rushing toward the exit see if I can use my technopathic powers on there weapons to cause them to malfunction or jam up... assuming there is electronics in their weapons.

((All four exits are blocked by two officers each. Unless you can get past them I can't roll this as I don't know what you plan to do once you reach the exit. They won't just let you through :P))

((Obviously they won't let me through but I'm really fast right now right? I was i could run past the guards as best as I could... and I think I forgot type something in that post too. I'll edit it a bit.))
Edit:
((Ok all nice and edited. That should work right?))
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 02:22:01 am by superBlast »
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 25, 2013, 07:12:12 pm »

''Zoshan! ZOSHAN!'' Davis shouted, unable to find the right words, pointing at the burning figure that had literally just ran past him. Seeing no other course of action, and seeing as how one guy was being held down, Davis focussed his mind once again, this time at the burning man, simply to put him off balance to ensure an easier capture. With both criminals, Davis was hopeful they could find out more before anything else happened.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2013, 07:27:12 pm »

Damn mind control. That's cheating! Well, In a minute or two, I'm gonna be able to cheat a hell of a lot harder.

"Alright, alright, you got me! But I had a good reason, I swear! You see, the police is planning to stage a coup! If we don't act now, we'll all be sent to concentration camps to be executed! I already got the sheriff, but we have to take them all down or else our families are doomed!"

Cause as much dissent as possible through my godly charisma. Even if the mind control stops them from outright rebelling, at least try to slow them down until I can WARp again.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 27, 2013, 06:50:09 pm »

Roll 12

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

Quote from: HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan
Ignore Ryan, try to find out why this guy framed Davis

Dominic checked his suit to make sure it wasn't scorched, and then proceeded back to the stands. He realized that the prisoner, especially on fire, would never get past the guards set up at every door, so he came up to confront the perpetrator of the Sheriff's murder.
"I ask you, why did you frame my comrade?"
"uhh..."

Quote from: Wwolin, AKA Steven Cobalt
Cause as much dissent as possible through my godly charisma. Even if the mind control stops them from outright rebelling, at least try to slow them down until I can WARp again.

Steven saw that his amazing charisma had somehow failed in brainwashing everyone around him. There was only one explanation to this: mind control. The man in the green uniform had to be a telepath! He'd have to keep tabs on the guy later to see if Steven could convince him to join him and Ryan in their recent adventures...

([5+2]+[5] {Assuming a 50/50 ratio of men and women in the room})/2 = [6] In order to slow down the guards pushing their ways through the crowds, Steven began to raise concern about the burning machinery in the Ring and how the auditorium was not designed to handle the occupancy it currently had. Of course, the staff knew the safety regulations and that the room was nowhere near its maximum capacity, but the ensuing chorus of piercing screams and mobs tripping down the stairs created an avalanche of confusion that made safely getting up or down the seats close to impossible.
The confusion was greatly amplified as Steven teleWARped to his burning friend. Suddenly appearing behind Ryan, he shouted at him to get his attention.

Quote from: superBlast, AKA Ryan
If the top hat guy gets in my way, try to jump over him and use his face as a spring board and head to the nearest exit away from the commotion going on at the stands. If he doesn't get in my way, skip the springboard part. While rushing toward the exit see if I can use my technopathic powers on the guards' weapons at the exit to cause them to malfunction or jam up... assuming there is electronics in their weapons. Attempt to run past them.

"What's cookin'?"
"Who are you?"
Cobalt was surprised at first, but he soon realized Ryan had amnesia and replied,
"I'm Steven Cobalt. And your name is Ryan. I'm here to rescue you from here..."

Cobalt had caught the attention of the officers nearest to himself and Ryan. The officers drew their pistols as Cobalt stopped talking and reached for his, and they were about to fire--[5] but the magazines fell out of their pistols in unison.
"That was me, now how do we get out of here?" asked Ryan.
"Why... aren't you burning up?" Cobalt interjected.

Burnout refreshed! (the roach is still on fire)

Quote from: Maxinum McDreich, AKA Davis Theul
Davis focussed his mind once again, this time at the burning man, simply to put him off balance to ensure an easier capture.

Davis watched in sheer frustration as the thief teleported once again. However, he realized that since this person was obviously trying to rescue his partner, he'd have teleported somewhere to help his partner escape.

Predictably, the thief had interrupted the prisoner, who was still on fire but not actually injured or anything. [2] Davis realized that his telepathy was ineffective at long distances, and he couldn't quite spy on what they were planning for their next move.

Quote from: Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt
Rest for a while and watch the station for any suspicious movement.

Russano headed for the police station and entered the lobby. He didn't know the layout of the place, so he paused for a few minutes and sat down, looking around for signs and other hints as to where "the Ring" was.
After spotting a sign in the hallway and a few posters on the wall (presented in the same fashion as film advertisements), he got back up and asked to enter, showing his ID to the man at the counter. Russano was told that he was "free to enter" and that he didn't need to get out his ID or anything.

There was considerable commotion coming out of the hallway. A few civilians ran past Russano, and one even knocked him to the side to get through.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 06:52:31 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 27, 2013, 06:59:02 pm »

Dominic turned and saw the prisoner, who still hadn't burned up yet, conversing with the framer.
((Hey, whats the floor made of near Ryan and Cobalt?))
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 27, 2013, 08:02:56 pm »

"Um... Mr. Cobolt, I'm not sure what's going on but if your here to help me escape then great. Have any ideas how?" Ryan said to he new (or technically old) ally. He was still suspicious of him (I mean... everyone wanted to kill him up to this point), but Ryan didn't feel anything bad coming from him. Plus he's more then happy to meet someone who doesn't wanna kill him.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 75