Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66771 times)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3... Let's do this again.
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2013, 08:31:14 pm »

"Yeah, yeah, just wait a second. I know it's here somewhere."

Pretend to dig through my pockets looking for a ticket, while secretly cryo-freezing someone in the stands to cause a commotion.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2013, 11:29:01 pm »

"Yes, I killed him and then warned the authorities. His attempt at murdering me was disappointing and I hope you gentlemen are sensible enough to make the correct decision." Russano said with a graceful smile, a gloved hand resting on the pommel of his chainsword.

If they make any motion to attack, duck into cover and try to Flash Portal to their backs and use Chain Lightning on them.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2013, 01:43:07 am »

Zoshan examined the popcorn. It felt flaky, almost crystalline, in a sense. He recounted how popcorn is formed, and he wondered if he could manipulate the popcorn using his powers and knowledge of popcorn.
Try to make a single popcorn piece float. If successful, then stock-up on popcorn. Lots of popcorn.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2013, 12:14:15 pm »

''Having fun?'' Davis asked, rhetorically, to Zoshan. Deciding that giving this guy the best chance he could give, Davis used his powers to slow those blades. Discreetly, ofcourse. (You're right, messing with people's minds IS fun :P)

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2013, 05:15:40 pm »

Waitlist me,Why i'm not on waitlist

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2013, 04:19:32 pm »

((Because patience is a virtue. And good English, for that matter...))

Roll 11

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

Quote from: superBlast, AKA Ryan
Run and dodge the giant bug. While at the same time use my pyrokinisis to try and set it on fire.

[2] I think it would be great to be on fire. The bug I mean!

New ability learned: Burnout
Condition added: Burnout (buff)

Quote from: Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt
If they make any motion to attack, duck into cover and try to Flash Portal to their backs and use Chain Lightning on them.

The squad leader from the back points his arm at you, shouting "Grab Him!" while the other two immediately begin rushing toward you, arms outstretched.

[4] You make your move. At your command, the world appears to slow from your point of view. However, your thought remains as it is, channeling the power bestowed upon you by Her Majesty in the form of admittance to Arcas University. The self-exponentiating power of the human mind to reduce entropy allows you to remain in this state, plotting out your physical trip through space itself and reorganizing your body as you reenter the world.

You flash behind the squad leader and turn around raising your fist. Electrical arcs seemingly orbit your hand, then jump out at the squad leader.

[6] Confused, he turns around as the energy is conducted by his armor down his helmet, through his chestplate, and into the shoulder pad of the next soldier. The arc is conducted through the armor in all three cases, dealing no direct damage, but superheating the armor.

Within seconds, all three Iron Crown soldiers are writhing in pain on the floor, attempting to removing the glowing segments of their armor. Meanwhile, you hear even more footsteps coming from the stairwell. Taking this into account, you look for some possible escape routes to get out of here.

Quote from: Wwolin, AKA Steven Cobalt
Pretend to dig through my pockets looking for a ticket, while secretly cryo-freezing someone in the stands to cause a commotion.

[5] You apparently don't have to, because someone in the crowd shouts "Fire!" and the second guard rushes in to help. You lower the body temperature of the other officer, slowing his senses and allowing yourself to simply walk through the gate. You wait a few moments to unfreeze him so that his mind fails to properly record the events that just happened in front of him.

Inside this... statium of sorts, you look around and find rows of seats against the walls, surrounding a pit in the center that contained a flaming giant bug and a man running from saw blades.
Ryan!

A man with a flashy badge, presumably the city sheriff, walks out and gives a few orders. From what you can hear, they're taking Ryan out of the ring and somewhere else...

Quote from: Maxinum McDreich, AKA Davis Theul
Davis used his powers to slow those blades. Discreetly, ofcourse.

[6] You plant a thought in the head of the person at the Ring's control panel.
She pulls a level which grinds the blades to a halt, and shouts, "Find out what went wrong. Send the engineering teams in."
You notice the sheriff walking away from the stands. He gets out his communicator and pings you and Zoshan, apparently.
Head out with the prisoner and shoot him the old fashioned way. *sigh* This'll be an embarrassment to our teams...

Quote from: HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan
Try to make a single popcorn piece float. If successful, then stock-up on popcorn. Lots of popcorn.

[6] You attempt to make a single flake of popcorn rise from the container. Underestimating your powers, the popcorn container erupts into a shower of popcorn in all directions.

"Having fun?" you hear Davis remark.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2013, 04:49:38 pm »

"Whoa... am I on fire?" Ryan said while he stopped running since the saw blades have stopped and the bug is on fire and dead ((I think)). He's on fire but it's not hurting... but probably best to careful with it. Now that he's not in immediate danger. Ryan's top priority is to find a way to escape... again. Hopefully he does a better job this time. The walls have bullet holes, blood, and scratches in it, so Ryan hopes there'll be a dent he can use as a foothold to help him get out.  He tries looking around on the wall to find a dent or something in it to use as a foothold to climb out of the arena.

Look for a dent or something on the wall that can be used to climb out. Run to it and hope extra speed = extra jump power too. If I can't see any good ones, look for an exit on the arena level and head for that.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2013, 06:08:23 pm »

"Whoa... am I on fire?" Ryan said while he stopped running since the saw blades have stopped and the bug is on fire and dead ((I think)). He's on fire but it's not hurting... but probably best to careful with it. Now that he's not in immediate danger. Ryan's top priority is to find a way to escape... again. Hopefully he does a better job this time. The walls have bullet holes, blood, and scratches in it, so Ryan hopes there'll be a dent he can use as a foothold to help him get out.  He tries looking around on the wall to find a dent or something in it to use as a foothold to climb out of the arena.

Look for a dent or something on the wall that can be used to climb out. Run to it and hope extra speed = extra jump power too. If I can't see any good ones, look for an exit on the arena level and head for that.

((Note that for this roll some of the relevant stuff is in the other rolls, in case you haven't read them.))

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2013, 06:15:20 pm »

((Note that for this roll some of the relevant stuff is in the other rolls, in case you haven't read them.))
((I know... though I'm not 100% sure about my current situation. But I have read the other rolls.))
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2013, 11:10:33 pm »

"Hmm, that took longer then I thought it would."
First, stock up on popcorn, then, go get the prisoner.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2013, 11:16:52 pm »

Hey,that no reason to waitlisted an person.

Even you as Game master know this
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 11:22:44 pm by Nosaneinme »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2013, 02:21:07 am »

Sorry man, I'm just finding it hard to take you seriously. If it's a joke, then you're spot on. if it's not, then I think your ideas need a little bit of work (the character sheet is undoubtedly very cliche and nearly impossible to fit into an RTD).

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2013, 09:42:48 am »

Russano quickly turns on his comms system. It would do good to keep the local authorities informed.
"I am under attack by elements of the Iron Crown. I assume you are familiar enough with them, correct?"

The diplomat had to be swift. He closed his eyes and started to breath slowly for a few moments, summoning the concentration a more controlled and consuming technique required. His thoughts ceased as the intended state of mind was reached and his body looked as if it was nothing but a magficently garbed statue froze in place. He started to feel the world slowing down once again and decided it was worth trying once again.

Try to Flash Portal to the roof of the police station. Warn authorities about what is happening.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2013, 01:38:42 pm »

"Hold on for a minute Ryan, I have a plan! Or rather, I'm coming up with one as I go along..."

Shoot the sheriff with the sniper rifle to cause a panic. Then teleWARp to some random civilian in the crowd to avoid detection, and pretend to be a police officer going to get Ryan.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2013, 03:27:04 pm »

''Ai yai yai...'' Davis gets up and follows Zoshan, not keen on taking on somebody who just put himself on fire by other means alone.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 75