Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66820 times)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real
« Reply #825 on: July 04, 2014, 09:14:06 am »

"Uh... a fire shield I made... so as long as you stick with me the flames won't come near you.... probably. Anyways, we should get going to the exit now." Ryan says to the now mostly rescued person. All that's left now is to get him out of the area of the flames.

Guide the young man to where I was told the exit should be at.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: July 07, 2014, 01:32:40 am »

[[Waiting on the other three ;)]]
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: July 07, 2014, 04:02:41 pm »

"Mortals! You will not escape my WRATH!"

Use a power word to fear the scoundrels, then use Bladestorm on any feared foes.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: July 07, 2014, 05:04:12 pm »

((Ooops, sorry.))

"There's no path like the one that takes you forward." Russano quotes from memory a line he remembers from a book, slipping out of the transport and walking towards the source of psionic energies, although not without a healthy measure of caution.

Advance on foot, keep both mundane senses and Spell Flux tuned and alert.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: July 07, 2014, 06:36:17 pm »

Coulda sworn i already posted an action...

Converse with the emts about the cyclists injuries and ponder their nature.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: July 08, 2014, 01:15:24 am »

Roll 87

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

The large flat structures on the front and sides are radiators (some of which can be retracted during combat to protect them). There are a lot of ornamental features that function as protection from impacts due to their distance from the relatively narrow central compartment of the ship. The actual part that most of the crew are in is much smaller than the ship itself.

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

[Combo: 1] You perform a convoluted mess of abilities that vaguely resembles Bladestorm and Power Word being used at once.

Shouting WRATH loudly, you send forth shards of metal that inspire feat into the hearts of the adventurers! [6] vs (6) The attack is swiftly blocked by a sudden wall of ice from the Blue mage, but [3] the party runs off into the valley, feared by the enchanted metal.

+30 Fury

superBlast, AKA Ryan

[1-2] The young man stands inside the closet, muttering "I... I... I..." repeatedly. He faints and collapses to the floor. [5] Still, you grab him by the shoulders and haul him over the floor. Normally you aren't this strong, but the situation demands it...

New Trait: Burst of Speed

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

[3]

"Well, if he hit you at high speed and got thrown across the street, I assume he's in pretty bad shape. Most likely a broken spine or neck, lots of broken limbs, bruises, laceration with the pavement..."

This reminds you of your leg, which still stings with pain whenever you move around. Something is keeping it from healing, something that is holding you back. You feel your body trying to heal, but it lacks... motion.

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

[5] As you progress on foot, you perceive two spells being cast in the vicinity:
-Ice Block
-Bladestorm

Your observation reveals a party of humans up ahead with multicolored cloaks. Your targets. You also spot a cloaked figure floating in the air, surrounded by an aura of glowing metal. His hat appears to be orbiting around him.
You notice that the sounds of nature have stopped around you. The nameless mooks in the truck haven't followed you, and Perfectio appears to be walking in slow motion.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: July 09, 2014, 09:18:46 pm »

"Well, my enemy's enemy is my friend."

Does the hat and the figure seem familiar? Try to discover what is distorting time/space and how to fix it, and if necessary prevent the colored gents from escaping.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: July 10, 2014, 05:25:25 pm »

"Hey Hadriel, i dont this was just any old EMP.
What do you know about psionic interference or suppression?"
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: July 10, 2014, 08:02:38 pm »

"Hey Hadriel, i dont this was just any old EMP.
What do you know about psionic interference or suppression?"

"I am no priest or battlemage. My sword is for the Order and not for man's wishes. I only serve because it is my God-given duty to protect those I can and fight for a just cause."

He puts his hand to the hilt of his greatsword, but does not remove it from its massive sheath.
"My blade was given a name by the Archmage of War. It is called Truthsinger, a name which, through its apparent lack of inspiration, hides its true purpose. The sword, when swung, will always strike a mage.

Perhaps its magic is interfering with with some power of yours, and that is why you are under the impression that this wasn't a normal EMP. But go ahead and say what you were going to say."
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 08:09:39 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: July 10, 2014, 09:53:23 pm »

"I suppose it is possible that your sword is providing interference.

It just seems too coincidental to me that my powers which were working fine before i was struck by that EMP affected motorcycle suddenly failed to heal my leg and that my granite sphere started doing... i dont even know what... instead of simply drawing or transferring his injuries.

Guess i could try walking a distance from you and trying again."

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: July 11, 2014, 05:42:34 am »

'Geez... not even I faint while in dangerous situations...' Ryan complains a bit in his mind as he drags the young man. Now he just has to follow the instructions to get to the exit. He hasn't forgotten about Geronimo and that profressor. Once Ryan get's the this person somewhere safe, he'll try to find some rescue workers and tell them about Geronimo and the Professor.

Haul the young man to the exit.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: July 11, 2014, 01:57:40 pm »

"Ugh, my powers fail me! I will not be humiliated! FACE ETERNITY!"

Follow the colored people. Channel my fury into one final Bladestorm at the fleeing cowards.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: July 11, 2014, 03:54:37 pm »

Roll 88

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

The large flat structures on the front and sides are radiators (some of which can be retracted during combat to protect them). There are a lot of ornamental features that function as protection from impacts due to their distance from the relatively narrow central compartment of the ship. The actual part that most of the crew are in is much smaller than the ship itself.

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

Pitiful fools! They so readily flee instead of fighting. This shows that they are weak-willed, and deserve nothing but destruction.

[Channel Rage: 4+2] Channeling your rage into a swirling mass of deadly blades, you feel your power weakening... fading away. Something is overcoming your form and trying to control your movements. You notice an article of headwear orbiting around yourself, with each pass coming closer and closer. [Bladestorm: 4+2] Frantic, you create more and more shards, fueled by your hatred and disdain, [Effects: 6+2] blotting out the sun with an ever-expanding cloud of razor shards, resembling a massive flock of birds. This recalls faint memories of your past duties as Keeper of Nature... [Collateral Damage: 4+2] The cloud descends, cutting down the entire hillside in an avalanche of lethal blades. The swirling mass engulfs the party in flight, although you lose consciousness before you can view he aftermath of your creation.

[6] The hat finally lands on your head, and with that, you collapse to the floor, thoroughly exhausted and lacking any memory of what just happened.

-80 Fury. Switched to Dominic form.

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

Time seems to be distorted by one of the Assassin's powers. Specifically, the Yellow mage:
Chrono Mastery

As you contemplate this, you feel another spell being cast. Specifically, this one contains energy far in excess of what you would usually expect--
Bladestorm

With that, you notice a huge, black cloud formed of tiny, razor-sharp metal fragments looming over the sky and blocking sunlight. The cloud looms to tremendous proportions, forming out of a vortex surrounding the levitating figure.

At once, the blades start to fall. [Reaction: 3+1] To protect yourself and your allies, you form a barrier of lightning to surround yourself, your companions, and the squad of guardsmen. The shards come in at blinding speed, but they are instantly vaporized into harmless puffs as they make contact with the shield. After the storm of sparks and explosions, you let down the barrier and find that the levitating figure has returned to the ground, with his hat once again on his head. With how outfit now complete, and his loadout more visible, you are sure this can only be one person: Dominic.
The Assassins also seem to have survived, but with a different elemental shield. Their entire part has been encased in several layers of ice, which suddenly shatter and allow the Assassins to sprint away from Dominic's direction toward the nearest cover--and away from the carnage.

The rest of the field around you has been cut down by the metal shards. Trees have been shredded, leaving being piles of wood chips instead. The grass is now a slushy pulp of plant fiber mixed with the remains of animals and insects. Your vehicle was far back enough that it was unaffected, although some stray debris may have flown far enough to deal some minor damage.

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

[Walking: 3-1] As you walk, you trip over your suit's foot, landing face-first on the ground. Martial Trance Active!
You lift yourself back up with ease.
[Heal: 6+1] After walking away, it seems that your leg has healed. Not only partially, but completely! It's interesting how little you know about your own powers, how they can act on their own without your supervision. Perhaps this relates to your subconscious mind, which of course brings up various philosophical questions of form and matter. You are getting close to understanding this.

Over in the distance, you see a large flock of birds swarming over a clearing in the far mountainside.

superBlast, AKA Ryan

[3] Your fire shield protects you from embers and sparks, although it does little to actually purify the air inside the bubble, laden with smoke and combustion products.
[Lung Disease: No]
You haul the student out to the front of the building, where there seems to be a makeshift triage center already forming. Two students thank you dearly, then take the fainted student over to an inflatable mattress underneath a palm tree.

You recall the two professors from before. You begin to formulate a plan to rescue them, but just as you do so, you hear someone fall behind you. Turning around, you see Professor Valenkin, having disembarked from a braided cord of extension cords hanging from the surface.
Geronimo is at the top, making sure that the cord does not fall.
"Hello Ryan! I am glad you made yourself useful. We've figured out a way to get down, although it took a while for me to convince Valenkin it was a good idea. I will be coming down shortly."
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 06:18:45 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: July 11, 2014, 05:34:49 pm »

((You forgot to add my burst of speed in this update.))

Ryan coughs a bit from having breathed in a lot of smoke and fumes.

After noticing the professors, Ryan walks over to Valenkin and the extension cord turned into a makeshift rope. He waits for Geronimo to come down.

"Glad you two are safe... I was going to see if there was some rescue people around that could get you two... well guess that's not needed anymore."

Talk.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: July 11, 2014, 06:25:20 pm »

((Thanks, I knew I missed something!))

Geronimo opts to come down before responding, so you shift your attention to Prof. Valenkin, who is in the process of dusting himself off and polishing his glasses.
Before he says anything, you notice that Geronimo is extending the rope very quickly. (1) You then look up an see Geronimo falling down from about three stories up.

He grabs onto the flagpole at the top of the arch over the entrance and bends it 90°, slowing his fall, and landing in a crouched position about a meter away from you and Valenkin.

"That... could have hurt a lot. I'm okay though."

Valenkin asks you something, now that Geronimo arrived.
"Say, Ryan, you said that you had technology-controlling powers? Do you sense anything in Geronimo's suit?"

[2] You don't sense anything but plates and joints. The electronics are completely fried.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 75