Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66747 times)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3... Let's do this again.
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2013, 05:26:24 pm »

Ryan groaned in pain. For the second he was pinned to the ceiling he thought he was gonna die. "Ugh... maybe I shouldn't have tried escaping..." He groaned to himself while crawling out of what's left of the elevator. He got up and walked to the intersection ready for some thing to come out and attack him, considering the hallway is a bloody battle scene. He looks around for signs that tell he where some stairs are.

Leave the elevator, and move toward the intersection while being on guard for anything. Look for stairs or a sign that says stairs. If none, head right at the intersection.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2013, 06:46:32 pm »

Continue to The Ring Upper Level.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2013, 08:19:37 pm »

Also move to The Ring Upper Level.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2013, 11:57:30 am »

((Affirmative, I do know. My bad if I messed up, I was in a hurry. And sorry once again for taking so long to post.))

The diplomat rose his eyebrows slightly before his expression of polite surprised was replaced by a smirk. His hand went to the hilt of the ornate chainsword, taking it from its sheath with practiced ease and activating it with the same smooth motion.

Metal teeth sprung to life as the saw started to whirr menacingly and Russano's eyes narrowed perilously.
"You are in my way."

Prepare to block any attacks from the man and activate a Twisted Transistor link with him.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2013, 06:18:52 pm »

((Bumpy))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2013, 06:27:59 pm »

((Sorry 'bout that. Thought I had posted :P))

"Look buddy, I hate to break it to you, but you kinda suck at being a guard. Either that, or I'm the world's greatest thief. Personally, I think it's a bit of both."

Before the man can react, freeze him solid. Then get the hell out of there.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2013, 12:16:49 pm »

Roll 9

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

Quote from: superBlast, AKA Ryan
Leave the elevator, and move toward the intersection while being on guard for anything. Look for stairs or a sign that says stairs. If none, head right at the intersection

You begrudgingly enter the hallway, [1-trap detection roll] not noticing the metal plate on the floor. The passage closes behind you, and the ceiling opens up, allowing in a shower of yellow light from above. As your eyes readjust, you notice sets of bleachers lining the walls, with staff members in the lower levels and various civilians with cameras in the upper levels.
You do, however, notice sets of circular slows in the floor, as well as rectangular frames in the wall that might open up to allow something inside.

Quote from: Wwolin, AKA Steven Cobalt
Before the man can react, freeze him solid. Then get the hell out of there.

[3] "Wait, you're a--
He feels his body cooling down rapidly. You hear cracking sounds as his face slowly freezes and the guard begins to grasp at it with his hands.
The officer crumples to the floor, immobile, while you sling the rifle and hurry out of the room. You watch one of the TV screens in the hallway tuned in to the station's broadcast:
This just in! A suspect convicted of a class A Felony is about to be taken to the Ring at the Lokhis Police Department station. Seats in the upper level are at discount price today!

Quote from: Maxinum McDreich, AKA Davis Theul
Also move to The Ring Upper Level.
Quote from: HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan
Continue to The Ring Upper Level.

((This is from Davis' perspective))

You sit on the lowest level next to Zoshan as the Ring's machinery prepares for the event.
"I have a question,"
Dominic nods to you as he is eating some popcorn he bought at a stand.
"Are you gonna finish that?"
He shakes his head.
"Okay then. Anyway, what's with all the preparations? I thought the prisoner was to be executed."
Dominic finishes the popcorn in his mouth then replies:
"It's a way of getting some extra funds. It's based on a popular pasttime back when the place was a little less civilized than now."
"A little?"

Quote from: Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt
Prepare to block any attacks from the man and activate a Twisted Transistor link with him.

"Ah, so you are willing to fight. But the crown must fall, and your death will help us all."
You ignore his dialogue, and feign a charge at the assassin. At the last moment, you enter a defensive stance, [2] but he simply waits for you to attack, so both of you end up standing there doing nothing. [5] You take the time to set up a link with the man, beginning to drain his health over time as he is not a psionic.

+1 to next damage resistance roll.

The assassin makes the next move, unaware that he is being exhausted. He [2-his roll] thrusts his blade while leaping, but he falls short at your feet. [5] You end his life with your chainsword, taking care not to stain the nearby furniture.

As the fight began, you started to hear metallic noises from the stairwell. Now you hear them as a multitude of footsteps coming up. You wonder who this could be.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 01:06:40 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2013, 12:53:56 pm »

((Wow... I try escaping from the ring but I end up going straight to it. I suck escaping lol))

'What the hell? What's going on?' Ryan thinks to himself, in complete surprise of what's going on. He calms down after a little while but is still on guard. He decides to wait and look around to see if where an exit might be. Also he looks for anything of interest such as a another trap... he doesn't want to step on something else.

Wait to see if anything happens. As well look around from where I'm at to see if I can find an exit or anything of interest.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2013, 01:20:36 pm »

The diplomat graciously takes a small cloth from his pocket and starts to clean the teeth of his chainsword, smirking and sighing.
"Quite the letdown, really. I'd think an assassin would be made of tougher material."

He then took his comms system to contact the police. "First of all, I have sensed the crystal in the police station and I feel pressed to congratulate your hard work if you have already captured the suspect, although retrieving the crystal itself would already be a commendable feat on its own. Oh, and while using a room at this building to track down the criminal, I was forced to use self-defense and apparently killed the assassin who murdered the mayor."

"There are also steps coming my way and I am afraid a slight misunderstanding may happen."

Contact the local authorities and tell them what happened and then wait for the owners of the steps to appear unless told otherwise.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 03:45:38 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2013, 01:22:03 pm »

"The Pits!? I'm sure Ryan can fend for himself for a bit, wherever they have him. With this uniform, I bet I can get front row seats!"

Look for a map of the place, and if it's the police station, make my way to the upper level of the pits.

I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2013, 01:28:00 pm »

Continue to eat my popcorn.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2013, 03:42:45 pm »

''I didn't know this rock could get less civilised...'' Davis said to himself quietly. So, this fiasco's turned into a spectacle in the end. These things leave a bitter taste as so much seems undiscovered. Such was life.

Continue to watch on.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2013, 07:17:06 pm »

Roll 10

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

Quote from: superBlast, AKA Ryan
Wait to see if anything happens. As well look around from where I'm at to see if I can find an exit or anything of interest.

[4] Ryan looked around the passage. It consisted of a ring-shaped tunnel embedded into the floor of the room above. The walls were metal, although Ryan thought he could climb out if he jumped high enough. As Ryan investigated, large saw blades began to protrude from the slots in the floor. He dodged one as it came up, then moved away from it as it started moving. He realized that the saws were all circling the Ring at about a walking pace, and he was apparently supposed to run away from them.
That's not so bad... he thought, until a door opened in the wall and a clueless Polarian Roach wandered out. of course, Ryan could not recognize the large, roach-like creature. It was chest-height a couple of meters long, and possessed a pair of large mandibles secreting a foamy substance. While it was, at first, completely unaggressive, it sensed the saws approaching and began to charge in Ryan's general direction.

Quote from: Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt
Contact the local authorities and tell them what happened and then wait for the owners of the steps to appear unless told otherwise.

The assassin's body lay on the floor, dismembered by Russano's blade. The man's robotic eye was still active and scanning the room repeatedly, not designed to accomodate the death of its host.
"That was disappointing," he mumbled in a low tone.

Russano assumed that the footsteps were made by law enforcement personnel. Since Russano entered after the murder took place he thought he would be completely fine if the authorities saw him dealing with the assassin.
He called the sherrif's office with his communicator:
""First of all, I have sensed the crystal in the police station and I feel pressed to congratulate your hard work if you have already captured the suspect, although retrieving the crystal itself would already be a commendable feat on its own. Oh, and while using a room at this building to track down the criminal, I was forced to use self-defense and apparently killed the assassin who murdered the mayor."
*Short pause*
"That last part was... unexpected. We'll contact the units we have in the building and make sure they know. Is the assassin wearing any form of identification?"
In response, Russano began searching through the assassin's pockets in order to find any sort of wallet or ID. However, he was interrupted as three armed soldiers wearing Iron Crown uniforms entered the room from the stairwell.

"Goodness, he killed him!" one exclaimed.

Quote from: Wwolin, AKA Steven Cobalt
Look for a map of the place, and if it's the police station, make my way to the upper level of the pits.

((You're in the back of the station))

[2] Steven made his way around the station, following the signs in the hallway to locate the Ring, and approached the entrance. Two officers stood there, managing the gates. One of them asked, "Your ticket, sir?"

Quote from: HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan
Continue to eat my popcorn.

[6] Dominic finished his popcorn and, upset that there wasn't more in the bag, got up and bought another one.

Quote from: Maxinum McDreich, AKA Davis Theul
Continue to watch on.

Davis, abhorring his partner, remained seated and wached as Ryan fled the roach, screaming. He honestly wanted it to be over, so we wondered if he could encourage the staff controlling the Ring with his powers.

[3] The guards were enjoying the drawn-out Roman-style "execution", so slowing the machines down would gain a +1 to Davis' roll. Speeding the machinery up would give Davis a -1.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2013, 07:39:42 pm »

"Aaaagh, oh shit, oh hell, what the fuckkkkkk!?!?!?!?!?!?" Was all that was going through Ryan's mind while running away from the giant bug. Though some part of his mind was imagining the bug on fire and lucky him that was activating his powers sub-consciously.

Run and dodge the giant bug. While at the same time use my pyrokinisis to try and set it on fire.

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2013, 07:56:24 pm »

Waitlist me,Why i'm not on waitlist

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 05:15:02 pm by Nosaneinme »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 75