Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66905 times)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real
« Reply #645 on: April 04, 2014, 08:36:50 am »

Well... so much for that. Ryan's plan was a waste of time so far.... or if shooting the ship is what set off the alarm, his plan probably just made things worse. So now time for plan B.... as soon as he thought of a plan B. He thinks back his options and comes up with two things... he could wrestle control of the engine and back up engines and attempt to overload or overwork them. And another is something he wanted to try doing... an idea of something he might be able to do for a while now. So he figured he could try it out now, and leave the engine overload as plan C.

Attempt to use my upgrade ability on one of the turrents... make it even stronger then before... even at a ton of energy drain just maintain a powerful focused beam. Hopefully the upgrade will fix the lense. After upgrading, start firing away... again.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: April 04, 2014, 12:34:59 pm »

"So far, the Iron Crown seems to be the ones we are looking far. In case the Lanians did happen to be involved, I doubt they would be much more than useful pawns chosen due to their age-old experience in being resourceful cowards." Russano says before nodding and gesturing positively towards Anyas. He still remembers the amateur psion who had attacked his party after he had dealt with the assassin problem. "Please continue."

Continue infodump.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: April 04, 2014, 05:36:44 pm »

continue infodump.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: April 04, 2014, 06:32:32 pm »

Wait, how can I hear alarms if the atmosphere was vented from the floor? Regardless, it must mean something beneficial.

Take metal from the destroyed control panel and form it into a solid spike. Ram it into the shell.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3... Let's do this again.
« Reply #649 on: April 05, 2014, 04:26:33 pm »

Roll 66

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

The large flat structures on the front and sides are radiators (some of which can be retracted during combat to protect them). There are a lot of ornamental features that function as protection from impacts due to their distance from the relatively narrow central compartment of the ship. The actual part that most of the crew are in is much smaller than the ship itself.

-----

Quote from: Characters
-PC's-
Dominic Zoshan
Kenjaro
Ryan
Russano Neskratt
-NPC's-
Codo
Harry North
First Mate John Astley

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

[6] You perform an improvised attack based on firing high-speed metal shards. This seems familiar to you, even though you haven't done it before. You've just started expanding your focus to metals and other crystalline forms, but the spike forms and launches itself as if you were an expert at destruction. You tend to avoid using your powers to directly kill things, and yet a shadow of your former self still lingers...

The spike tears through the amorphous shell at immense velocity and fragments into shards, pulverizing the interior of the computer. The engine suddenly shuts off, and your body slowly starts to float off the ground, kept upright by slight telekinetic forces. Suddenly, a massive beam of charged plasma cuts through the ceiling and engulfs everything in flames and molten metal.

superBlast, AKA Ryan

[5] Although the lenses are burnt and completely unusable as a result of your tinkering, you still think the situation can be salvaged. You recall having the ability to physically modify machines just by thinking about it, so you wonder to yourself--why exactly can't this power be used to repair a machine as well?

Your UPGRADE!!! ability has been upgraded!

The turret reforms itself, fully repaired and fitted with enhanced cooling systems and tracking mechanisms. The laser core triples in size, as does its power draw. Unfortunately, you can't break the link between the AI core and the laser as that would be a departure from the weapon's intended purpose, but wait... you notice that the AI's own lock on the controls is absent. You can control the laser turrets in their entirety and use them as normal, relying on the built-in targeting to issue commands to the whole system.

This time, you are able to open several solid wounds in the frontal section of the ship. After you reach the nuclear reactor, the lasers abruptly cut off due to lack of power, but the damage you dealt to the ship should render it completely useless.

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro
Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

"Sure thing."

She goes over a few more groups, finishing with a name that, as with the Central Navy, hardly anyone on the ship has heard of.
"The Unity are a transhumanist cult. They're normally peaceful, but since their main base of operations is so remote--it's located on a dwarf planet in Alpha Serpentis--they can do pretty much whatever they want. There have been a few cases where they're pirated ships, mostly ancient colony vessels and unarmed explorers. Our expedition was armed, but only lightly, and we don't have much intel on the developments in Alpha Serpentis. Since Arcas is fairly close to Alpha Serpentis, I think there is a very slight chance that the Unity could be involved, if not directly."

Anyas sets down her notes.
"Those are all of the groups. Make of it what you will, but we still have to go to Aldros first to share the data. Our spies will love it."
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 04:50:21 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: April 05, 2014, 04:57:10 pm »

'Alright! That deals with the AI ship problem!' Ryan thinks to himself after he destroy the power supply. Even if there was a back up system somewhere, it probrably wouldn't be enough to power engines or the now upgraded turret. So with that it should be safe to return back to the ship.... um... how? Does he wake up or think about going back to his body or what?

Attempt to return back to my body.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: April 07, 2014, 06:10:53 pm »

"Well, that takes care of one problem. I best leave the ship before things get less then pleasant."

Deconstruct the golem and return my focus to the Borealis.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: April 08, 2014, 02:43:37 am »

head down to eng[neering and check on my suit./b]
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: April 08, 2014, 02:58:40 am »

((Hadn't noticed the last update.))

"Thank you very much for information and company both, Miss Anyas." Russano politely excuses himself and seems ready to leave before appearing to suddenly recall something. "What is the current situation of our pursuer."

Talk.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3... Let's do this again.
« Reply #654 on: April 10, 2014, 12:31:11 am »

Roll 67

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

The large flat structures on the front and sides are radiators (some of which can be retracted during combat to protect them). There are a lot of ornamental features that function as protection from impacts due to their distance from the relatively narrow central compartment of the ship. The actual part that most of the crew are in is much smaller than the ship itself.

-----

Quote from: Characters
-PC's-
Dominic Zoshan
Kenjaro
Ryan
Russano Neskratt
-NPC's-
Codo
Harry North
First Mate John Astley

superBlast, AKA Ryan

[4] Well, mission accomplished! You attempt to briefly clap your hands in a celebratory gesture, but you seem to have lost physical awareness of your own body. You manage to ease back into your normal state by meditating and banishing all thoughts related to the Centauri AI vessel. It seems to work as your mind fades back into your own body, shutting off the camera feeds you rerouted somehow into the monitors. Next to you, Dominic seems upset at the fact that you shut off the feed to the enemy ship.

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

[5] You decide to deconstruct the golem and snap out of your hypnotic state. While you weren't in a deep trance like Ryan--having depended on the viewscreens for vision--you still have some sort of awareness in your psionically manipulated golem as if it were an additional limb of sorts. You feel bad to let it go, but you have the golem sink into the floor, melding into the metal as if liquid. Eventually, the floors even out and no evidence of your presence is left, aside from the destroyed computer.

Ryan abruptly cuts off the telepathic camera feeds, leaving you unable to admire your work.

New miniquest: Pristine Condition. Restore areas back to original condition to level up.

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

You go down to the suit, relatively uninterested in the sort of detective work and political research the captain of this ship seems to be doing. Instead, you check the engineering bay for your suit and find it against the wall with the arms neatly welded back on, and a large insignia painted crudely on the chestplate, presumably the flag of Aldros II. The engineer from before is missing at the moment.

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

"Captain, captain!"
You hear John Astley's frantic voice booming out of your coat pocket from your tablet. You answer the device.
"Our pursuer seems to have changed its course. More specifically, it's cut its engines and all radio transmissions have stopped. We saw it firing its weapons and assumed it was intercepting an asteroid, but it seems to be wounded along its centerline somehow. Either way, it's no longer accelerating toward the gate."
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 07:37:06 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: April 10, 2014, 03:23:55 am »

head over to the armory and try to find the officer in charge.

((Why is there an X next to my axe?))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: April 10, 2014, 07:37:28 pm »

head over to the armory and try to find the officer in charge.

((Why is there an X next to my axe?))

Because you threw it and temporarily didn't have it available. You never specified to pick it up, so I forgot.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: April 10, 2014, 10:52:59 pm »

Ryan didn't even not (or remembered) that he was sending video feed to the monitors, so he didn't know why Dominic looked a bit unhappy. No his first thought was to go and tell Russano that he took care of the AI ship.

"Uh... where did Russano go? I have something to tell him." Ryan asks the nearest person.

Words

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: April 11, 2014, 11:49:31 am »

"That's good news for us. Would it still be able to catch up with us and is there any other pursuer coming our way? We need to make sure before making our escape." Russano asked over the comms.

Talk.
>Yes?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: April 11, 2014, 12:45:11 pm »

The first mate hears Ryan's request and responds.
"I don't exactly know what to say, but you just destroyed an entire ship by yourself. That's a massive achievement even for a psion. I've informed the captain and am currently in contact with him."

He puts the device to his chin and speaks into the receiver.
"No, captain, our slowboats don't travel that way. You won't get anywhere at sub-relativistic velocities. That ship hasn't been accelerating for even an hour. There is absolutely no way its wreckage will arrive at the gate before we do, despite the fact that we need to cancel our current course. We are monitoring the Centauri fleet and their transmissions in case they send another one, but our scans indicate that there were three ships--the AI ship as one of them. The other two are most likely crew-piloted and won't be able to make it in time before we slip through the gate."
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 75