Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66735 times)

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3... Let's do this again.
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2013, 04:06:29 pm »

''Thanks.'' Davis acknowledged the help. ''Seems I'm jinxed today.'' He looked at the elevator's numbers. ''So, what now?''

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2013, 05:29:20 pm »

"Hmm...he might've gone to either the top or bottom floors by accident. Lets check the top floor first, the work our way down. What do you suggest?"
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2013, 09:07:24 pm »

''He's on the run. Going up top would ensure he couldn't leave the building. I think he'll have a range from ground floor up to... well... if he's anything good enough to take a warp crystal, then he could probably jump from the third floor. I suggest searching those.'' Davis concluded, following whatever decision is to follow.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2013, 11:42:58 pm »

"NO! No, you can't send me to a doctor! You know how rumors spread around here. I need you to help me keep this one on the down-low. You see, I'm seeing this girl right now, and I've been telling her that I can't visit because I've got a bad cough that I don't want her to get. But if she knew that I had THIS, then she'd leave me in a heartbeat, and I wouldn't even blame her. She's one of the best things that's ever happened to me, and I don't know what I'd do if she left me. Come on, you have to help me out here!"

Zacharias is going to have one hell of a time when he wakes up...

Use that story to try and convince the guard that I don't need medical attention.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2013, 07:29:20 pm »

"Alright, to the 3rd floor!"
Take the elevator to the 3rd floor.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2013, 07:29:42 pm »

Edit: Whoops! Ignore this post.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 07:35:03 pm by HighEndNoob »

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2013, 07:30:10 pm »

Edit: Wow, that was a fail. Ignore this post too.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 07:34:48 pm by HighEndNoob »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2013, 04:01:19 pm »

Sorry about the delay.

Roll 6

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

Quote from: HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan
Help the Cyrian to his feet and get his rifle for him.

[4] You kindly help the man up to his feet, and then consider the elevator.
"He might have gone to the wrong floor in a hurry..." you barely pronounce in a non-suspicious manner. What you actually did was feel the seismic vibrations in the building's structure to determine that the prisoner went straight down... he definitely doesn't know his way around.
"Let's lock down the upper floors so he can't escape."

(+1 Gentleman point! Doing Gentleman-ly actions grants you gentleman points, which are consumed in interactions with others to increase your roll by 1.)

Quote from: Maxinum McDreich, AKA Davis Theul
following whatever decision is to follow.

[5] "Thank you sir. Shouldn't we alert the guards?" you ask.
""Yes, we should... the entire guard. Let's do it," replies the vigilante, removing his communicator to call the central office.

You and the vigilante wait patiently for the elevator to return after hitting the button.

Quote from: superBlast, AKA Ryan
Calmly open the elevator again and go to the first floor. Use my powers to speed up the elevator again.

[6] You return to the elevator, taking your time to examine the layout of the building:

Code: [Select]
Roof
-4-
-3-
-2-
-1-
-B1-
-B2-
-B3-
-RE-

The 'RE' seems to be flashing. Perhaps that's the floor you are on. You decide to head upward to the first floor and, knowing that the guards will be waiting for you at whatever floor you were at before, you will the elevator to ignore all floors up to and including the first.
Oh wait...

The elevator halts in place between the first and second floors. You frantically mash the button to go to the second floor, but you can tell that the machine is having some kind of programming error. Perhaps convincing it that there was an integer between 1 and 2 was a bad idea.

--

Back at floor B1, Zoshan and Davis continued waiting until they realized that the elevator wasn't working somehow.
"Perhaps the officers in the control room saw him and froze the elevator."
"No, it skipped this floor. I thought you knew..."
"Hmph."

Quote from: Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt
Try to get admittance to the mayor's office and get permission from him. If denied, check if the authorities already informed the mayor about what happened.

You make your way to the front desk, and ask if you may see the mayor.
[1] "The mayor was assassinated three minutes ago."
"Wait what?"
"As you can see," she begins explaining. "the whole building is under lockdown. Nobody goes in or out without orders."

You recall that as the ambassador, you were assigned special priveliges out of seniority and trustworthiness. As such, you might actually be able to leverage your status as a trusted individual to get in.
You also wonder to yourself, who would assassinate the mayor of this place? Personal reasons?

Quote from: Wwolin, AKA Steven Cobalt
Use that story to try and convince the guard that I don't need medical attention.

[3] "Well, now that you put it that way..."
The guard seems reluctant to agree, but he gets over to the safe and begins to unlock it. He opens the door and holds out his hand in a gesture to grab whatever you were going to grab.
[/code]
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 04:11:17 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2013, 05:14:33 pm »

(("I would like to see the mayor."
"Him? Oh yeah he was assassinated 3 minutes ago."
"Wait, what?"

Oh that was funny))

I guess I can't control this power perfectly... I'll try again. I get a bad feeling I don't wanna be in the elevator if i screw up somehow ((Like go splat becuae I roll a 1))

Use my powers to force the elevator's program to restart, then go to the first floor.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2013, 05:27:20 pm »

"You know, why don't we just take the stairs? It'l be faster then waiting."

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2013, 08:10:09 pm »

(Oh hey look! A good roll!)

''At this moment, I agree.'' Davis replied.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2013, 02:10:25 pm »

"Ok"
Take the stairs to the upper levels.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2013, 02:33:36 pm »

"Thanks a ton. I knew you'd understand."

Grab the item from the safe.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2013, 07:15:38 pm »

Russano felt like massaging his temples, if only as a way of showing he was baffled by the recent developments. Lady Luck was not by his side. "This is the second surprise I have today; first a component of my ship was stolen and now the mayor is murdered."

"I am trying to track the man who stole from my ship." the diplomat says with his soft-spoken voice and a pleasant smile. "I would be pleased if I was given the chance of using a quiet room located near the top of this building to try and expand my detection abilities."

Try to diplomacy my way into one of the upper levels to attempt detecting the thief once again.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2013, 05:00:55 pm »

Roll 7

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

Quote from: superBlast, AKA Ryan
Use my powers to force the elevator's program to restart, then go to the first floor.

[2] The control panel sparked violently. Ryan rushed to the other side of the elevator, hanging on for dear life as the room shuddered and and the lift began oscillating back and forth. The level indicator tracked the elevator's movement accurately, and Ryan realized that the elevator was travelling farther with every change of direction.
[3 ((For this roll, 1-3 is down, 4-6 is up.))]
The elevator shot downward with great force, thrusting Ryan up to the ceiling. It then slammed into the bottom of the elevator shaft, compressing the cabin and forcing the door out of its frame and into the hallway that Ryan previously stumbled into.

As Ryan crawled out of the wreckage and to his feet, the door at the end of the hallway opened automatically, leading into a two-way intersection.

Quote from: Maxinum McDreich, AKA Davis Theul
(Oh hey look! A good roll!)

[2] As Davis and Dominic climbed the stairs, they stumbled into the city sheriff again, who held a tablet in his burnt hands.
"Change of plans, I need you two to get to the Ring upper floor. Standard procedure. The... elevator broke down and left the prisoner alive at the bottom floor."

Quote from: HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan
Take the stairs to the upper levels.

[3] "Yes sir!" Dominic proclaimed.
"We will see to resuming normal operations!"

Quote from: Wwolin, AKA Steven Cobalt
Grab the item from the safe.

[3] Steven reached into the safe and grabbed a large rifle with a digital scope and supressor. He started to integrate the scope's modes into his scoggles, using the near-field transmitter on both weapons to synchronize them. The integration succeeded, but the Officer, still there, looked at Steven suspiciously and asked,
"So what are you doing with Walker's gun?"

Quote from: Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt
Try to diplomacy my way into one of the upper levels to attempt detecting the thief once again.

((Note: You are a diplomat. You had a meeting here. You are now to return to your homeworld. Just clarifying in case you didn't know.))

[4] The secretary, wide-eyed, appeared momentarily stunned.
"I'll make sure you can do that."
She winked and then called up a group of police officers in line behind Russano. She motioned for him to go to a door at the side labelled "ACCESS," and began speaking to the officers about the investigation.

Is she a telepath? Russano wondered, and went up the stairs to reach the balcony.

At the top of the building he saw the city of Lokhis in its entirety, surrounded by the blue wasteland, encircled by a distant ring of mountains. Planet Kepler, so far from its sun, was in a state of almost eternal night. It is rumored that the Terraformers were here, but even they could not make the planet thrive. The star Kepler, also a deep blue hue, shone faintly in the sky overhead.
[4+1] After admiring the view, Russano began to work, using his powers to identify sources of magic. He noticed a curious halo around the police station. He recognized it. All this time he had perceived the same halo whenever he looked to the crystal's containment room on the ship. He thought it was just radiation, but now it seemed brighter than ever. It had to be in the police station. The suspect must have been found! Russano went back inside to plan ahead.

However, he stopped as he saw a person in the same room as him, dressed in a sleek black jacket and pants. The man's face appeared deformed, with swollen patches around his right eye. The eye itself looked artficial, so Russano assumed the man was augmented.
A more striking feature of the man in his room was the fact that his right hand appeared to be completely missing. The end of the man's sleeve was empty and hung down, creasing at the point where Russano believed the man's arm was severed or worse. Russano actually began to feel sorry for the man, thinking that he was merely a butler or some other saff member, until he saw the blood on the man's sleeve and arm.

"Greetings," the man spoke in a gritty, monotonous, yet gentle voice.
"I see you admire the view. How is it?"
"Quite fine, really. A little depressing when you think about it, but the view itself is good."
"Good..." he replied, walking forward.
"You look like a diplomat. Where do you hail from?"
"The small world of Aldros II, from the Aroth border. I came to form a treaty."
"I'll make a note of that. For now, keep this as entertaining as possible. I love the ones who fight back."
A curved blade roughly twenty centimeters long extended from the assassin's empty sleeve. He held up his arm, and began to advance.
"Make the first strike!"
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 75