Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66947 times)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real
« Reply #555 on: February 05, 2014, 01:33:23 am »

((I'm wondering, doesn't my back track trait let me get another skill point since I earned two skill points from leveling up twice?

Anywho, I'll max out my tech ability so it's 3/3 now.))

'What the... did... My conscious slip into some electronic? That's the only thing that makes sense... considering what was happening to me during that last fight.' Ryan ponders. What's going on right now? He can try to get his mind back into reality... but there's not a really a need too... so how about he figures out this phenomenon first?

See if I can control the "Me's" in the hallways. Like send out telepathic commands to them. Also see if the hallways actually lead anywhere.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 05, 2014, 03:35:18 am »

"i am afraid that politics hold no particular interest to me, i just thought id introduce myself to the crew and offer my services seeing as they were kind enough to get us off that rock.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 05, 2014, 11:48:00 am »

((I'm wondering, doesn't my back track trait let me get another skill point since I earned two skill points from leveling up twice?

Anywho, I'll max out my tech ability so it's 3/3 now.))

((The library skill points don't count toward the backtrack extra skill point.))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 05, 2014, 12:32:42 pm »

((The library skill points don't count toward the backtrack extra skill point.))

((I mean... Didn't I have an unused skill point from leveling up waaaay back before we wnt to steal the data drives? Isn't that why you gave me two before I went to the library?))
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 06, 2014, 07:19:54 pm »

((I mean... Didn't I have an unused skill point from leveling up waaaay back before we wnt to steal the data drives? Isn't that why you gave me two before I went to the library?))

((As far as I know, you have four because I started you off with the backtrack bonus so that it would have a bigger impact. The counter got reset to zero afterward.))

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 07, 2014, 01:27:39 am »

((Oh..... the Upgrade ability cost me a point. Ok I see now lol. I was thinking I had three total right now.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 07, 2014, 07:52:09 pm »

"Please call all my companions so we may properly celebrate our victory." Russano says with a meaningful wave towards the bottle of alcoholic beverage held in his other hand's grasp. "It would be a shame to have them absent in such an occasion."

Of course, he would not be so pretentious as to not fetch them himself if he could do so.

Skill Point towards Spell Flux.

And try to detect the location of all the other players within the ship.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 07, 2014, 08:50:40 pm »

"Hmm, why does my knee feel uncomfortable? Wait a minute..."

Remember that I got shot in the knee and go to the med bay to get it healed. Practice throwing my top hat around the hallway while walking.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 07, 2014, 11:04:28 pm »

introduce self to bridge crew, offer services.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3... Let's do this again.
« Reply #564 on: February 08, 2014, 09:24:16 pm »

Roll 56

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

The large flat structures on the front and sides are radiators (some of which can be retracted during combat to protect them). There are a lot of ornamental features that function as protection from impacts due to their distance from the relatively narrow central compartment of the ship. The actual part that most of the crew are in is much smaller than the ship itself.

-----

Quote from: Characters
-PC's-
Dominic Zoshan
Kenjaro
Ryan
Russano Neskratt
-NPC's-
Codo
Harry North
Janet Yamato
Herman Jackson

superBlast, AKA Ryan

The hallways in the floor seem to tessellate into each other, their pathways leading into the next, albeit in a winding fashion that makes each passage difficult to follow and easy to lose in the maze-like structure. The hallways seem to continue out endlessly, with the smaller versions of yourself wandering around aimlessly. They seem mindless, without any of the mannerisms and body language you normally display. They also seemed to be carrying items you didn't have on yourself, such as a large tube on their backs and a pistol holstered on each side. They were all dressed the same, in ragged clothing identical to the ones you were wearing before you came onto Russano's ship.

[4] You make an effort to control them, sending out thoughts to them in an attempt at telepathy. They don't respond at all, continuing about their normal business of walking. You try to take a different approach: control their weapons instead and see if you can fire them. As soon as the thought pops into your head, your abilities subconsciously activate, and you feel the stares of thousands of miniature versions of yourself staring you in the face and holding perfectly still. Everything is still dead silent, even more so without the faint tapping of a hundred footsteps at once.

You hear a high-pitched howling noise flooding your ears at regular intervals. It doesn't seem to be coming from anywhere in particular--it is merely sounding inside of your ears.

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

"Well, if you want to make yourself useful, go--"
Her speech is interrupted by the bleeping sound of a communicator going off. She takes hers out and finds a message on the screen.
"Oi, you three, get to the bridge. The Captain wants to see you."
She turns and heads toward the cabins, taking her drink with her.

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

In the med-bay, you stumble upon Steven Cobalt, the lad that you brought aboard the ship after he rescued Ryan.
"Howdy, I see you got nicked..."
He notices the torn fabric and exposed armor plate underneath it on your knee.
"Doc's in a coma. You're out of luck."
"I just want want to take a look and see if I need treatment."
"Oh?"

You sit on a bench and take a look at your leg, carefully removing the armor to see what's underneath. [5] Fortunately, it is only a flesh wound! You put some gauze over it and some regenerative gel to heal it up quickly and put your armor back on. You also get a message from Russano instructing to come to the bridge, so you get in the elevator, stumbling across a random crewman inside.

New Miniquest!

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

With renewed focus, you begin to feel various presences around you. Your powers now allow you to detect all of your companions--including your new ones, verifying that this isn't just a sense based on familiarity. Their locations are clear to you, although your senses blur out toward the ends of the ship.

The others are on their ways to the bridge. Time to come up with a speech.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 02:17:59 am by _DivideByZero_ »

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 09, 2014, 11:21:27 am »

'They respond to my powers... and they are dressed like how I did before and not now? And they have guns and something else on their backs... Is this related to before I lost my memories!? And that sound... what is that sound?' Ryan thinks to himself. At the thought that thins could link him to his past, Ryan puts all his focus into figuring out what's going on.

Try to remember my past... to be specific, anything about those guns or tubes... also while doing that, see if the high-pitched noise responds to my powers just like the "Me"s did.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 14, 2014, 03:50:33 pm »

((Bump?))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 14, 2014, 04:59:16 pm »

to ze bridge.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 15, 2014, 08:41:08 am »

"Good practice at the very least." Russano stretches as he pieces the short speec together in his mind, deciding on using the time until the rest of the team arrives for something productive.

Try and cast an electric shield while the crew is on its way to the bridge.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 16, 2014, 02:22:14 am »

"Oh, hello good sir! How are you?"

Greet the crewman, and inquire about their situation.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 05:35:24 pm by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 75