Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66920 times)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3... Let's do this again.
« Reply #450 on: December 19, 2013, 04:17:46 am »

((For some odd reason i was thinking we'd all go to get the hard drives with the overseer in tow... That's what I was waiting for lol.))
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 22, 2013, 05:41:57 pm »

((Waiting on max))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 22, 2013, 06:27:11 pm »

((Just out of curiosity, how do i get spells and miniquests?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 22, 2013, 08:50:49 pm »

((Just out of curiosity, how do i get spells and miniquests?))

((I usually try to include opportunities when no action is occurring. And after missions.))

EDIT: Davis' status says he is away. That means he should be autoed.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 04:57:20 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 24, 2013, 03:21:17 pm »

"I don't believe that the cargo dock is our best option. The operators aren't simply going to allow us to park our shuttle here without any sort of scheduling. Our best bet is to backtrack after finding something for you three to wear other than those uniforms."

Vote for acquiring power armor or security uniforms and then backtracking.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 03:28:44 pm by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 24, 2013, 07:35:38 pm »

((I'm going to need a consensus as to what Unholy_Pariah and HighEndNoob want to do. Rolling now.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 24, 2013, 07:46:16 pm »

"your ship, your rules. Lest us make haste though."

begin backtracking in search of power armor, head back to where we stashed the captian/commander and mug him for his suit.

Rebind him and if necessary smack his head against the wall to make him more cooperative and/or unconscious.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 24, 2013, 08:22:09 pm »

Roll 44

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

Quote from: Characters Present
Dominic Zoshan
Kenjaro
Codo
Harry North

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

Hearing Dominic's plan, you recall that you've already subdued a squad captain. That should help you get more suits, since you can use his suit to possibly acquire more.

"Are they done searching yet?"
"They're not."
"Just be careful. By the way... what is your name?" Dominic asks the injured worker.
"The name's Harry North, been here for three days and I've hated every minute of it. I need to get my feet back on solid ground."

*The four manage to get to the main level of the mine undetected by search teams. None of them are immediately visible from the stairwell.*

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

You approach the site where you hid the squad captain from before, immediately recognizing it by the scent of blood from the point when Kenjaro hacked at the captains's knee and punctured the suit. The damage wouldn't be visble if you cleaned the blood off, but the person inside is a definite liability if he is still alive.
[3] Dragging out the suit and opening it with Kenjaro, you immediately cover the captain's eyes and mouth as he comes to and tries to yell.

--

Ryan
Davis Theul
Russano Neskratt
Overseer Wallace

superBlast, AKA Ryan

"Aye, captain," Davis replies with a smirk.

As Davis leaves, you decide to see if you can take control of the security system by learning how it is controlled.
[5] The overseer readily gives you his remote as he is convinced it is broken.
With the remote in hand, you glance over the labels and figure out what they mean. That's all you need, really, as your powers aren't limited primarily by distance but by how accurate your knowledge of the system is compared to how it actually is.

[6] The remote is designed to interface with a specific kind of software. Now that you're familiar with both the control and the receivers themselves, you can control anything the remote can with utmost efficiency.

Maxinum McDreich, AKA Davis Theul

Your head is luckily beginning to clear now, and you can stand up straight.

The overseer said that the data center was around the corner in the hallway, so you leave the room. [5] Fortunately, nobody is around to raise suspicions. The office floor seemed to be mostly devoid of guards thanks to Dominic's distraction. As for Zoshan, security had already become suspicious of him. Hopefully he could take care of himself.

You come to a set of doors marked "DATA" and "Authorized Personnel Only." [3] The door is locked, but a swift kick renders it off its hinges.
The room you stumble upon is filled with fans, coolant tubing, and flickering green lights surounding a tall server computer--twice your own height--in the center. You slide off the case's side panel and, [5] thanks to your experience with military hardware and electronics, you immediately recognize the organization and layout of this particular model.

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

Davis reenters the conference room with a stack of hard drives.
"This is it, all the drives. I left the computer on, by the way. It should take some time for them to notice."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 24, 2013, 09:01:27 pm »

"listen up jerkwad, you got two choices here.
Number one: You shut up and i put you to sleep.
Number two: You make another sound and my axe puts you to sleep forever."

Render the captain unconscious again then take his suit.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 25, 2013, 12:27:08 pm »

((We've been reasonably lucky. Also, unless we need the Overseer for anything else...))

"Well, seems everything is going swimmingly." Russano remarked, rubbing his gloved hands together and glancing at the cooperative man. "As a reward for your cooperation, nothing bad will happen to you."

Twisted Transistor the Overseer until he gets to sleep, then get going for the shuttle.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 25, 2013, 03:38:27 pm »

Looks like Ryan's fears of something happening was just needless worry, since they got what they came for and best of all no one had to end up dead. All that's left, it seems, is to get out of here.

Break the remote and continue to divert sercurity still until I need to control it for whatever reason.

((Oh and btw, what exactly can all the remote do anyways?))
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 26, 2013, 05:48:36 pm »

"Listen good sir, it would be in your best interest to stay quiet, as screaming will only cause harm for everyone involved. You can either stay quiet, or be ended by my friend. If you stay quiet, you will save both your life and fellow guards live's."

Subdue the guard captain through peaceful methods.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 26, 2013, 10:26:09 pm »

Roll 45

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

Dominic Zoshan
Kenjaro
Codo
Harry North

Unholy_Pariah, AKA Kenjaro

You put your axe to your victim's neck as you pluck him out of his armor, slowly loosening your grip on his face to see his response. Your arm is ready to make the kill if he attempts anything.
After you threaten him, Dominic begins speaking:
"To clarify, good sir, it would be in your best interest to stay quiet, as screaming will only cause harm for everyone involved. Should you stay quiet you will risk no further harm to yourself and your comrades. Otherwise, you shall meet a swift end and there will be no predicting what we will be forced to do to your friends."

[5+1 (Zoshan's intervention)] As it turned out, your grip on the man's neck is so tight that he loses consciousness right after nodding his head in agreement to Dominic's terms.
You scrub the blood off of the axe would you left earlier in the suit and try it on while Dominic tends to the unconscious captain's injury.

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

Now that Kenjaro is in possesion of one of the armor suits, he can enter the barracks and find some other uniforms to replace the worker uniforms with. Alternatively, the presence of a guard should keep the pirates in the bar from reporting you for the possibility of a reward.
You look around to get a general idea of where to go. The bar also functions as a hub of sorts between the mines and the hangars, with the barracks having entrances in both the bar and an entrance close to where you currently are. The hallway connecting the mines to the bar splits off into two paths, one being patrolled by a single guard which you narrowly avoid being caught by as you look through the doorway. The other path isn't being watched, but the guard in the halls can see you entering it. You'll have to distract him/her as Codo and Harry get through.
Once in the bar, there is a straight path to the hangar rooms, where there are most likely two guards at the door. Past that, it's mostly maintainence crews and dock control personnel to your shuttle.

--

Ryan
Davis Theul
Russano Neskratt
Lieutenant Victor Wescott

superBlast, AKA Ryan

[6] You use your pyrokinesis to actually break the remote by conjuring a quick burst of heat inside of it. You may have overdone it, as you can smell burnt plastic in the air, but the overseer won't have much to see in a few moments.

Maxinum McDreich, AKA Davis Theul

Davis does nothing of note until Russano starts putting the overseer to sleep.

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

[4] As you turn around, you drain the overseer until he is barely conscious, effectively putting him to sleep without causing lasting damage. You gain a minor feeling of power which should add to your next ability, should you need to use it.
You split the drives between yourself and Ryan, storing them in the compartments in your armor designed to keep supplies and tools.

*Russano, Davis, and Ryan take the elevator. It works as intended, bringing them back to the surface barracks. The barracks is mostly empty, although one confused gentleman wearing a caped set of gold and black armor stumbles out of the bathroom.*
"Greetings..." he starts, preparing to ask a question. He takes a look at your party, however, and then asks: "Is the overseer with you?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 28, 2013, 10:22:02 am »

"No, but we have what we came for." Russano answers, taking a look around to make sure nothing is amiss. "Guess it's about time we head to our shuttle and leave this place."

Begin hopefully easy and not dangerous at all escape.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 28, 2013, 10:29:08 am »

((Go team, go! :D))
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 75