Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66710 times)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3... Let's do this again.
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2013, 07:51:24 pm »

Who are those two? Janitors I think? I don't have to worry about them, I just gotta keep going before the people behind me catch me.

Run while trying to read the signs. Look for something that says "Elevator", "stairs", or "exit". If nothing then make a right turn at the intersection and hope for the best. All while ignoring the janitors.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2013, 08:45:15 pm »

Chase after the prisoner.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2013, 08:58:38 pm »

That camera only matters if I look like an intruder... And locks have never been much of a problem.

Wear the police uniform, and try to crack one of the safes.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2013, 05:08:36 pm »

''Are you kidding me... why... ah!'' Davis lamented that what he through was not water. He bolts after the prisoner if he can see that the flames are being dealt with, if not, he attempts to extinguish the flames.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2013, 11:34:34 pm »

"So many people...So many souls living off routine." Russano took a moment to muse to himself before getting in touch with the authorities. "Any clue as to where the target could be? I am considering he could be at least hiding near a black market location to make it easier to sell his ware in the future."

His clothing would probably be enough to fool someone into thinking he was a rich fool trying to get his hands into illegal material, and even if they knew he was a diplomat...Well, being a diplomat wasn't the same as a pure soul and he could possibly convince anyone he was after some less than legal goods.

The warrior "mage" curiously scanned the area around with his eyes as he resumed walking.
Either that or he took the exact opposite step and is hiding somewhere we'd never expect...

Start to search for clues at black market locations, trying to discern any stronger or characteristic sources of psi energy while doing so.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Roll 4
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2013, 05:30:28 pm »

Roll 4

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

Quote from: superBlast, AKA Ryan
Run while trying to read the signs. Look for something that says "Elevator", "stairs", or "exit". If nothing then make a right turn at the intersection and hope for the best. All while ignoring the janitors.

[4] You hesitate not and dart past the janitors, not looking back. Quickly glancing at the signs on the walls, you make a left turn and reach a pair of elevators. You slam on the button to call down the elevator and hope that one will arrive soon enough.

[6] There happens to be a camera in this portion of the hallway. The red light blinks on and off, and the camera itself follows you wherever you go.

Quote from: HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan
Chase after the prisoner.

"Stop I say!" you shout, taking off through the double doors and continuing to spout insults relating to the prisoner's caddishness and dishonor.

[3] You run faster than him, and chase him to the central elevators. Then, you stop in place and continue speaking.

"Why there you are, prisoner! The game is over my friend. You cannot hope to evade a professional such as myself!"

Quote from: Wwolin, AKA Steven Cobalt
Wear the police uniform, and try to crack one of the safes.

((The uniform is equipped now. My bad.))

Donning the uniform, you stand up and casually walk to the safe.

[2] Behind you, an officer walks past the doorway. You hear him, and subtly turn your head to hide your face. He looks at you suspiciously, [3] and says something: "Zach, you should keep your armor on. I don't want the entire squad reprimanded for your laziness."

Quote from: Maxinum McDreich, AKA Davis Theul
He bolts after the prisoner if he can see that the flames are being dealt with, if not, he attempts to extinguish the flames.

[1] You sluggishly follow behind Zoshan, however he is much faster than you. Your metal boot somehow snags on the carpet and you trip as you turn the corner, dropping your gun as you fall. It bounces across the floor and rolls up to the prisoner's feet.

Quote from: Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt
Start to search for clues at black market locations, trying to discern any stronger or characteristic sources of psi energy while doing so.

[5] You consider the possibility of finding the local black market sector. Unfamiliar with the city, you look for clues to indicate where the black market is located.

Now on the city streets, walking past the storefronts, you spot out of the corner of your eyes a person wearing a distinctive uniform.
The Iron Crown, a vigilante group plotting against the Centauri Throne. I wonder what business they have here... I will follow the Ensign to see if they are making deals with the black market. I know they often employ foreign equipment.
The Ensign only remains in the open briefly, apparently looking for someone, and then hurries back into an alley. You carefully watch the roads for vehicles, then cross it and walk into the alley.

[4] With your sword hand ready to draw just in case, you silently walk into the alley. Your boots make slight sounds when you walk, but avoiding the puddles on the ground you gain sight of the Iron Crown Ensign walking further into the alley. Stalking him, you hide behind crates, generators, and corners to avoid his careful scanning of the surroundings, and eventually stumble upon a large space between buildings that is filled with stalls, gun racks, and alien pack animals that you have never seen before. Weapons, armor, artifacts, and foreign cuisine are traded here without regard for interstellar trade codes.
[3+1] You scan the area for fluctuations large enough to indicate that a warp crystal is present. There are none as far as you can tell. You don't quite trust your sense yet, but it seems unlikely that there would be enough interference in the area to mask a signal as strong as that of a warp crystal, especially one with a Psi-Lock.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2013, 08:18:21 pm »

(Ruddy HECK, Davis is cursed and being made to look RIDICULOUSLY incompetant XD.)

''Oh bollocks!'' Davis curses as he gets up, he unsheathes his R341, aiming it at the prisoner. He had no intention of firing it, ofcourse, but could certainly intimidate, particularly with a few telepathic nudges.
Davis was too torn to really add his telepathy to this though. This man has no memories, a fresh start. All else fails, easily brainwashed. To simply send him into the ring seemed like a complete waste for nothing. So, he'd continue to follow the other man's lead for now. Let him make the decision he has to live with.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2013, 08:31:18 pm »

"Sorry, I'm not feeling too well today. I think it's some sort of mutant fever or something. I can't even remember the combination to this safe. Do you think that you could help me out."

Use cryokinesis to make my skin cool and clammy, and act feverish. Ask the guard to help me with the safe, and if he notices anything odd about me, attempt to pass it off as sickness. I have face-changing voice-altering space flu, and there's no arguing with that.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2013, 08:53:16 pm »

"Well done my friend," Dominic stated with a grin, "you have allowed us to settle this honorably"

Allow the prisoner to pick-up the gun, then challenge him to a duel.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2013, 01:10:26 am »

Not good, not good.... I gotta think! I got that other power thing.... I does stuff to machines... I... I think... maybe I use it on the elevator. That camera sees me... but that doesn't matter right now. I doubt my power can work on two things at once... anyways.

These two... I get the feeling they won't kill me out right... at least I hope I'm right. Maybe I can buy some time before the elevator arrives.

"Can't you let me go? I don't even know what's going! I just wanna leave!"

Speed up the elevator and make it ignore any other floors attempting to use it with my Technopathic powers. Listen to what they tell me to do and do whatever I can to buy time for before the elevator arrives.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2013, 12:26:02 pm »

Russano still spent a couple more seconds looking around out of polite curiousness before turning his back.
Well, it seems that as a detective, I'd make a great diplomat.

Now, on to the next option before searching further for illegal trading places.

Move to the city's center and try to enter a tall building with calm surroundings to use it as a spot to track the any sign of the warp crystal's signature.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Roll 5
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2013, 01:08:32 am »

Roll 5

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

Quote from: Maxinum McDreich, AKA Davis Theul
'Oh bollocks!'' Davis curses as he gets up, he unsheathes his R341, aiming it at the prisoner. He had no intention of firing it, ofcourse, but could certainly intimidate, particularly with a few telepathic nudges.
Davis was too torn to really add his telepathy to this though. This man has no memories, a fresh start. All else fails, easily brainwashed. To simply send him into the ring seemed like a complete waste for nothing. So, he'd continue to follow the other man's lead for now. Let him make the decision he has to live with.

You curse yourself for your own stupid mistakes, knowing that setting a bad example can and will get you reprimanded. Half of being in the Legion consists of knowing what is and isn't allowed, where to do what, and how to make your squad leader happy.
[1] Unslinging your rocket launcher, you struggle to break open the nylon case it's in, tugging on the fastener at the wrong angle and, well, completely screwing up the situation even more.

"Why can't I--" you begin to shout, but Dominic interrupts you in the process of yelling.

Quote from: HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan
Allow the prisoner to pick-up the gun, then challenge him to a duel.

"Fear not, my friend! Your actions have allowed the prisoner and I..."
you unsling your gunberd and swing it into the air ahead of you.
"...to settle this, with honor!"

The prisoner stands absolutely frightened.

"What, are you not interesting in resolving this now? Come, we will fight! I give you ten seconds!"

Quote from: superBlast, AKA Ryan
Speed up the elevator and make it ignore any other floors attempting to use it with my Technopathic powers. Listen to what they tell me to do and do whatever I can to buy time for before the elevator arrives.

Backing away from the rifle on the floor, you ask, "Can't you let me go? I don't even know what's going! I just wanna leave!"
As you begin to sweat profusely at the sight of the gentleman's terrifying weapon, you try to recall what other powers you had before--or at least are capable of. Then it hits you: either you get out of here through the elevators, or you have to fight the maniac. You opt for the former and will the elevator to quickly rush to your floor, ignoring other stops.

[4] As your opponent counts down to four, the elevator door slides open and a confused old man walks out. Zoshan stops counting.
"This isn't my floor, I think the panel might be broken..."
He appears to not notice the weapons about the room. Thankfully, you rush into the elevator and slam on a random button. The door shuts before your pursuers can react to block it, and you begin descending.
I hope I pressed the right button... you think to yourself as you hear the stopping tone, and the door opens. You enter into a dark hallway with metal walls. The walls feature numerous scratches, blood stains, and an occasional dent from a bullet or weapon.

Quote from: Wwolin, AKA Steven Cobalt
Use cryokinesis to make my skin cool and clammy, and act feverish. Ask the guard to help me with the safe, and if he notices anything odd about me, attempt to pass it off as sickness. I have face-changing voice-altering space flu, and there's no arguing with that.

[6+1] The guard seems more than convinced, and decides to call the central office to get you some medical attention. "Don't worry, the department pays for all the expenses. They'll cure you in no time." he says.

As for the safe, he doesn't seem willing to. If you can explain to him why you don't need help, he might do it.

Quote from: Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt
Move to the city's center and try to enter a tall building with calm surroundings to use it as a spot to track the any sign of the warp crystal's signature.

You decide to abandon the marketplace, and instead move to a higher vantage point. You aren't yet familiar with your powers, so determining the nature of your abilities seems like a good idea. Gettign to a high point should tell you whether your powers are limited to proximity.

[1] The only building that seems to rise above the rest of the buildings is the city hall. You know that the mayor's office is located at the top. If you can somehow find an excuse to talk to him, you could get to the top floor and look out of a balcony. Alternatively, you could climb the building... though that would be more dangerous and could compromise the diplomatic mission itself.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2013, 01:17:53 am »

Dominic stared at the elevator with a confused expression. "How did...why...huh? How...convenient for him."

Help the Cyrian to his feet and get his rifle for him.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2013, 03:02:31 am »

((Away from guy trying to dual me to the death into a hallway that should be in a horror movie... Out of the frying pan and into the fire it seems lol))

What the... no way this the right floor. I'm going back... I get as much of a bad feeling from this floor as I was with those crazy guys.

Calmly open the elevator again and go to the first floor. Use my powers to speed up the elevator again.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2013, 12:54:23 pm »

And now Russano had two options: he could do it either the sane or insane way. Even though climbing the building would be good exercise, he was afraid it could end up in a mess that'd compromise his main mission.

He'd take the sane way of doing things.
"Excuse me, I need to talk to the mayor."

Try to get admittance to the mayor's office and get permission from him. If denied, check if the authorities already informed the mayor about what happened.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 75