Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66846 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3... Let's do this again.
« Reply #315 on: July 24, 2013, 07:09:32 am »

((He could prepare sandwiches for us all.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 29, 2013, 02:06:12 am »

My... that was a long wait. Sorry about that.

Roll 30

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

Russano was suspicious, but he believed he knew exactly why he was unable to use his sixth sense. He held out his arm and spaced his fingers apart. No electrical arcs jumped between them.
[6+1] Russano consciously took hold of his power. He commanded, with every ounce of his mind, the matter and energy to act as he wished. He imagined every last detail of the arcs and, to his satisfaction, they once again began to appear.
Silence cleansed! Ability progress: (1/5)
Universal Clock may now be cast while disabled.

Now that his powers worked, Russano once again checked the ship just to make sure nothing was awry.
He noticed that Davis, who was looking for a pistol, was making use of his powers at the moment. Curious, Russano lightly shocked him to gauge his reaction.
"Ah, what was that?"

--

superBlast, AKA Ryan

"Cracked open? What kind of man are you to survive that?"
The travelmaster looked amazed at first, believing he had just stumbled across another worthy psion, but he became skeptical after thinking about it.
"Were you ejected into space, or what? I'm interested in how you got back."

Ryan ignored him for a moment and looked around the room he had stumbled upon. It was a rather small cylindrical room with a pedestal in the center. The warp crystal--the one he was about to be executed for stealing--sat on a stand, glowing bright teal. The room itself contained nothing more than some lockers and a desk covered in papers.
[3] Nothing really excited his memory. With that, he responded to the travelmaster's question.
"Oh, I didn't mean it that way. Like, the ship had windows all along the sides, and something happened, something... exploded in the back. The windows cracked when the ship's structure started to bend and I barely got out on a lifeboat before the whole thing fell apart."
"Yes, that's precisely what I thought."

The travelmaster remained standing near the desk. As he turned around, Ryan saw a glimpse of a tattoo on the back of the travelmaster's neck. Then he remembered.
The ship was ambushed and boarded as it approached the gate in Thuban. The intruders stormed the ship from the back and set charges on the ship's spinal column. I couldn't see any of them, but from what I heard on the radio, they mudered everyone on sight except for two people... my brother, and one of the crewmen. After some time I saw my brother get sucked into space as his section of the ship was deformed and the reinforced glass windows shattered. I don't know what happened to the crewman, but I remember hearing something about some kind of emblem the crewman had on his skin. One of the intruders talked about it, I heard them before the windows blew and we lost contact.

New Ability Progress: Ra---o--

--

Maxinum McDreich, AKA Davis Theul

Davis scrounged about in search of firearms. He came up with the following:
Sunfury (100)
Arkfury (6/6)
S1200 (15/15)

*Davis picks his sidearm then practices in the field, gaining (1/5) experience in either Directed Energy Weapons, Revolvers, or Handguns. Trait will be added.*

--

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

Dominic returned to the elevator and went to the armory floor where he expected his squadmates to be.

"So since Steven will be acting as a pirate warlord, where does that leave us? Will we be wearing any uniforms or other things of that nature?
Also... does anyone want any popcorn?"

He reached into his trenchcoat's inner pockets as he said the last part, taking out a handful of stale popcorn and putting it into his mouth.
"Dominic, Steven's out for this. Herman gave him one hell of a beating up in the cryobay."
"I see. Will we still be going for deception, or shall we use their expectation of a guest to our own advantage?"
He unslung his gunberd, set it on a table, and began to clean it with tools from a shelf.
"Either way, I am looking forward to a good fight if we do get caught."
*Zoshan's eyes flash red as he says this. Not too noticeably, however. Davis isn't even looking.*
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 29, 2013, 08:24:18 am »

"Since the person who'd be playing the pirate is no longer able to fulfill his role, we will still need to act like we are the pirate's subordinates, sent in place of him due to a case of food poisoning. Few people want to know details about other person's visits to the toilet, so hopefully they won't question our version too much." the diplomat said, using his comms system to talk to the rest of the group as he leisurely leaned against a wall, trying to remember something which seemed to be prickling the back of his mind. "That means we will have to dress like mercenaries or pirates. Any of you that already look the part are naturally exempt from having to disguise as yourselves." he completed, looking down and realizing what was the source of the nagging feeling - he needed to temporarily ditch his refined armor in favor of something more mundane.

At the very least preparations were almost done. "I will play the part of Azobos' envoy and things will hopefully turn out fine, without the need for excessive application of brute force. Though to be fair, I believe we would do fairly well on the brute force department."

Procure more traditional and unrefined armor.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 29, 2013, 11:58:37 pm »

"Hey uh.... what's that tattoo on your neck for?" Said as a long shot to get his memory back.... but might as well try.

After hearing what the travel master has to say, head for the armory myself. Seems like I don't got much longer before the mission starts. And while I'm at the armory, see if anything there can help jog my memory.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 30, 2013, 02:25:28 pm »

"Well, seeing that I already look the part of a mercenary, I might as well go to the hanger, talk to the pilot."
Go to the hanger and talk to the pilot.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 31, 2013, 09:58:02 am »

Davis takes the S1200 but practices with direct energy weapons.

''I'll be in as a mercenary aswell, as my usual. Cyrian looking for work.'' He watched as Zoshan receded from him.
Davis decided that his combat prowess would be good enough, and decided to practice his powers by seeing if he could detect all his comrades onboard the ship and recognise them. (Think tagging without being nearby I guess :P)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 02, 2013, 02:38:13 am »

Roll 31

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

superBlast, AKA Ryan

The travelmaster hesitated before he replied. [2] Ryan couldn't tell whether or not the travelmaster was tactfully lying or just embarassed.
"It's an old memory... I prefer not to talk about it."

*Ryan goes to the armory, where he is greeted by the others*

[5] Ryan was stunned by the appearance of various blades and other weapons on the wall. Most of them were ornamental, limiting Russano's choices earlier, but they reminded him of the slashing sounds he heard over the radio, and now he remembered that the intruders were a familiar sight to his family. They were the Void Runners, a group of terrorists that wanted him and his family dead for some reason. It was probably related to Ryan being partners with Steven before now, but he couldn't tell.

--

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

Russano went to the armor wing of the armory (go figure) to look for a suit that looked utilitarian but was also protective enough in case armed conflict broke out.
Since the armory was only stocked with official Aldrosian equipment, he had to procure an older set of royal guard armor. The suits were generally built for people larger than Russano himself, but he found one he could fit in and adjusted the plate protecting the neck so that it didn't block half of his field of view. He stumbled out of the armor wing, bringing in another suit for Ryan should he want to wear armor as well.
"Since--" His voice came out in a much deeper tone than he had anticipated.
He stopped to deactivate the voice-changing equipment present on most guard armor. The key to Aldrosian security was and always had been indimidating criminals into never showing their faces.
"Since Davis and Dominic already look like mercenaries, that leaves me and Ryan. I've procured these older sets so that we don't have to go unprepared."

--

Maxinum McDreich, AKA Davis Theul

[5] Now that everyone was nearby, Davis conducted an experiment. He sent out a wave of telepathic manipulation that did absolutely nothing--a "blank wave," he called it. Instead of causing change to occur, he focused on the telepathic links he created, willing himself into being able to maintain the link longer than possible.
Tagging duration augmented. Now lasts until Davis breaks focus with another telepathic spell. Minimum 2 turns.

--

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

Dominic, cringing at the sight of the bulky armor Russano had just brough in, slipped out the door and made his way for the hangars. He was beginning to get a little impatient.
Usually, he walked with his weapon drawn. Somehow, he had forgotten he had it out, and only dismissed the strange looks he drew from the other crew aboard the ship.

*Dominic enters the hangar bay. It is a large, rectangular enclosure with four platforms arranged vertically. He climbs down to the bottom where there is a civilian shuttle disguised as a pirate corvette. Ares greets him.*

"Hey Mr. Zoshan, what are you up to?"
"Quite informal, don't you think?"
"Just as informal as carrying that thing around with you everywhere. I saw while I was in the security office. You're scaring everyone."

*Conversation will continue outside of this post*
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 02:42:46 am by _DivideByZero_ »

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 02, 2013, 07:36:20 am »

"Thanks... uh.... Russano. Um.... I'm not really sure about the weapons here.... could you recommend me something?" Ryan asked Russano since his memories about weapons and stuff was still missing. Or does he know about weapons? If people wanted him dead before... then he must've fought... right?

Ask Russono about weapon recommendations.

((Not sure if that should be an action or just conversation hahaha.... So I'll leave it an action for now.))
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 02, 2013, 04:43:59 pm »

"I'd say you should pick the either the Arkfury or the S1200." the diplomat answered, his gaze moving to the amnesiac man. Just because Russano was not good with firearms did not mean he had no knowledge about them either. "The former would enhance your aim artificially but offers a limited magazine, while the second has a better magazine and is a more widely-spread self-defense weapon." he completed.

The man then nodded towards the armor with his head. "You should wear one of those unless you want to go unprotected. I lack any other armor not decorated enough to give me away as an envoy."

We're probably ready to go. If people aren't ready to move on: train the debuff cleansing technique - suggested name, Cleanse or Resurgence.
>Yes?

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 02, 2013, 04:51:18 pm »

(A note, Davis picked the S1200 (HOW THE HECK DOES CAELLATH KNOW THE DIFFERENCES? XD) but is now shown on his inventory)

Davis nodded at Russano's explanation of the two weapons, before he went to the armoury master. ''My hand rocket launcher will be useless in there, not to mention they would not be happy with it. I entrust its safety to the armoury here for the time being.''
With that, Davis was pretty much ready to play mercenary.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 03, 2013, 12:16:03 am »

"Oh, sorry, my bad. I'm just used to carrying this around. You can never be too careful. Anyways, do you have any information about the mining base? how many access points are on the base, and how where will we be entering the base?
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 04, 2013, 07:41:40 pm »

Delays, delays...

-----

"All we'll be doing is contacting the station, identifying ourselves, and passing through security. If all goes well, you should get to the base's administrator. Then you can, I dunno, take him hostage, sedate him and hack his computer, or just distract him and recover the data from the server room. Russano hasn't told me what which plan you've agreed on yet.
I can assure you, though, that we've had our best agents set this up so we can do it perfectly. The data from the Van Buren company is just too valuable to have as there's no telling what they did if they caught our expedition out."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 09, 2013, 02:45:10 pm »

((I'm working on the roll as we speak (last week of summer online classes is done), however I need to know whether or not Ryan wants to bring a weapon since we're skipping over to the docking sequence))

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 09, 2013, 09:03:33 pm »

((Yeah Ryan goes with the Arkfury.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 09, 2013, 09:57:38 pm »

((What about the armor?))
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 75