Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66841 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3... Let's do this again.
« Reply #270 on: June 23, 2013, 03:06:41 pm »

"My apologies, Herman." the diplomat said to the worker before turning to Steve. Noticing Davis' presence, the warlock begins to explain what exactly has just happened, courtesy of his newly-developed power. "Steve was the accountant, Mister Davis. Judging from what you said over comms, it seems he has used his powers to mimic her appearance in an attempt to pull a prank. A dangerous one for him, from what you might have seen."

Talk.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 23, 2013, 03:23:31 pm »

''...'' Davis stood their, absolutely flummoxed by how one could be so... idiotic as to do something like that. ''For real... you did that?'' Davis lowered his rifle a little. ''You idiot.''

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 23, 2013, 06:07:47 pm »

"Hmm, power-outage. It would be too dangerous to go out alone, given what happens in every single horror film. Oh well, might as well fix this."
Use my tool kit to try and fix the elevator.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 08:39:03 pm by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 24, 2013, 11:28:58 pm »

Roll 27

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

Fusion welder in hand, Zoshan set the device to its lowest setting and looking to fix the connection. Obviously, the fuse was there for a purpose, but to go any further, risking ambush, would be just as reckless as temporarily soldering the wires back together.
*Zoshan successfully solders the two terminals back together, replacing the gap the blown fuse created.*
[6] The lights turned back on and Zoshan proceeded into the hallway.
*Zoshan proceeds and witnesses what happens next*

--

superBlast, AKA Ryan

"It's a classic. It has to be if it's still being eaten thousands of years after its conception."
"That'll do."
"Toppings?"
Ryan had already begun to walk away.
"What--oh, plain..." he said, stuttering.
*A few minutes later, he gets the pizza and starts eating it*

Ah yes, I haven't eaten anything good in a long time... or at least it feels that way. I like the flavor... though the souce is a bit spicy... spicy... why do I feel strange? It's like I remember something from my deep past... by eating pizza.
New Ability Progress: R-------
*The hull shakes and Ryan drops his slice. It lands face-down on the plate.*
*Intercom: Explosion on deck Cryo Bay. Power has been cut off from the main reactor.*
New Ability Progress: R----o--

--

Maxinum McDreich, AKA Davis Theul

"You IDIOT!"
*An explosion is heard. The party spots a fireball briefly coming from the room *
"What just..."
"The hell!?" Herman exclaimed. "I wasn't going to replace the fuse until I fixed that conduit."
"Someone reactivated the power..."

--

Wwolin, AKA Steven Cobalt

[3-3-1 (from disapproval)] "If it makes you guys feel any better, I didn't directly that. Davis did when he shot at me."
*Herman smacks Steven again. The others don't react immediately to the beatdown.*
"You fired at him?"
"Only in self-defense. I thought he was lunging at me."
"Don't worry doc, I would have been fine."
Davis couldn't help but chuckle. He kept his thoughts to himself though.

--

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

Russano appeared displeased, but not too seriously.
"While I will be sure to note this for the safety of my crew, I trust that they can handle the disruption before we need the cryo bay again."
"Sorry about the damage. I can repay the costs in full after this trip. What are we up to right now?"
"Right now we are approaching the system's asteroid belt and the ship is going to power down to minimize emissions once we find a suitable asteroid to hide on. Then we launch our shuttle. Most small craft aren't detectable immediately upon reentry, but most small craft cannot travel independently either. I had Marcus work on retrofitting the shuttle to imitate a common border worlds model that is capable of doing so, but he was injured. Ares will be there if he hasn't finished the job."

-----

Before the launch, we can
-Continue RP
-Visit sections of the ship for various reasons. The cafe to have drinks before the mission starts, the armory to prepare and test guns, the engine room to talk to the travelmaster if anyone is interested in talking to the only other psionic onboard, etc.
-Plan our course of action.

I will post a list of equipment available on the ship if asked. Remember that most of you other than Russano shouldn't have a lot of experience with the guns and armor, since they are made on Aldros II.

The general outline of the mission is as follows:

Objective: Hack and copy the station's local database. Or steal the hard disk.
-Part A: Imitating a meeting between Azobos and the local administrator, the party will be able to get onto the station via the shuttle.
-The rest is undecided.

Things you should know:
-The station has an active workforce, although it isn't big. Most of the workers are diverse and held against their will, so they wouldn't hesistate to leave with you if given a chance.
-The security force is well-equipped and well-armored. All-out confrontation is only an option if you bring weapons and equipment on board, but the Aldros equipment doesn't look very convincing. You might stick out like sore thumbs if you wear it.
-The Van Buren Mining company is always looking for new recruits... and workers...
-Most of the soldiers haven't had much experience. This is one of the safer and less vulnerable bases and thus it can be assumed that new recruits will be stationed here to get accustomed to being on the security force.
-The station's key locations are: the loading bay/hangars, the reactor, the main offices, the barracks, various mining areas, the life-support/atmosphere control, the cafeteria, the crew quarters, the brig, the bridge, and the storage.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 11:30:57 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 25, 2013, 12:18:54 am »

"I might as well have a chat with the travel master, see what he has to offer."
Head to the travelmaster.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 25, 2013, 06:30:38 am »

"Mental note: I should start building an armory as diverse and extense as my library." Russano remarks to himself humorously as he moves towards the vessel's armory room in order to see if there is an apt replacement for his baroquely decorated chainsword.

Check the armory for something less flashy that could replace the chainsword.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 25, 2013, 01:03:12 pm »

"Uh.... are explosions supposed to happen?" Ryan ask the chef while finishing up his pizza.

Finish my pizza and ask the chef if there is any place on the ship to get some new clothes... these are starting to stink. Then head for said place. While doing that, see if anything helps me remember stuff about my past.

((I still wanna explore the ship a little and get ready before starting the mission.))
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 25, 2013, 08:52:50 pm »

((Might wanna add a /abbr to the end of my revolver description, because I'm currently able to set people ablaze with my jumpsuit. Cobalt's hot, sure, but the suit shouldn't be THAT flattering ;)))

"Pst... Davis, buddy, you mind un-silencing me so I can get away from gramps here? I won't be of much use to the team if I'm unconscious 90% of the time."

If Davis un-silences me, TeleWARp to him and get the hell away from Herman. If not, then just pretend to be unconscious, and hope that I'm carried somewhere else before I'm actually knocked out.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 26, 2013, 02:56:05 pm »

''hmmmmmm...'' Davis smiles. ''Wellllllll... I could... couldn't I? But I think that practice for me would help me.''

He continues to silence Steven, putting away his weapons to watch for now.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 27, 2013, 12:37:21 am »

((The silence will wear off naturally. Davis needs to reroll to silence Steven, but due to the way the ability is structured (I didn't want to make it another boring single-target ability :P), a 1 could silence Russano as well.))

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 27, 2013, 06:49:35 am »

(eh, I'm happy with that. It also means I can do a group silence of my own will later :P)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 27, 2013, 07:45:25 am »

((Why would a result of [1] silence another person instead of failing terribly and silencing the user? :P))
>Yes?

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 27, 2013, 07:51:54 am »

((Oh sure, cos silencing the silencer makes complete sense... It's like you're switching off the silencing effect which would mean that the silence that would be in effect would not longer be in effect the moment it came into effect because it effects the source from whence it came... it's too early to be saying these kinds of things XD))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 30, 2013, 12:29:59 am »

((Because putting skill points into a spell means that it can't fail horribly like that. It'll have to work to the extent that the description says, otherwise there would be no reason to put skill points into anything other than flat +1's to rolls.))

Roll 28

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan

*Zoshan, still hidden, walks back to the elevator. The controls are still active.*
Dominic was already prepared for the journey. His trenchcoat which he wore everywhere was both classy and well-suited to combat. He carried his trusty gunberd with him everywhere, and would have no need to go to the armory. After a brief spark of interest, he decided to head to the rear of the ship where the engine bloc--and travelmaster, a fellow psion--was.

*Zoshan waits as the elevator descends and makes his way through the halls, reaching a room located under the elevator shaft and directly along the central axis of the ship.*

"You there, what is your name?" heard Zoshan. He hadn't quite made it to the door yet when the travelmaster opened it and looked at him.
"It is a good thing I finished earlier, or your breaking my concentration would have doomed us all."
"I... I wasn't aware that..."
"Just kidding."
"..."

--

superBlast, AKA Ryan

Ryan was directed to his temporary room on the quarters level. There he found some newer clothes which he quickly put on after emptying his pockets of everything important he still had.
He realized he had forgotten about the mission until now. That explosion from the upper decks could have been an attack on the ship for all he knew. He just wanted to get his memory back, and perhaps something, somewhere on the way, would spark his memory. If that involved dying, he was out.

He looked at the screen built into the wall, intended to simulate a porthole. The observation cameras were just turning on, and he could now see the blackness of space in full color. This actually reminded him of riding in a ship before, one that wasn't as well designed. In fact, it was the fact that the ship had portholes that threatened his life, and took the life of someone else he knew, but he couldn't remember who it was. All he remembered was running for the hangar bay as he saw cracks forming, catching a brief glimpse of that person flying out the window from another room on the ship, gasping for air even though there was none.
As for why that ship was threatened, nothing seemed to remind him yet. He would find out how that ship was destroyed later.

He still had hours left. Until Russano caught him, he would definitely make the most of his time checking around the ship to see if anything else would help him remember. He had yet to learn about the structure of the ship--and more importantly, how it could fail. Asking about that could shed some insight on why the ship in his memory was lost. If he could find out who the person in the memory was, though, he could probably remember just as much about what happened that day. But the only person who had a chance of knowing was Steven, and Ryan still thought Steven was crazy.

--

Maxinum McDreich, AKA Davis Theul

[1] Davis remembered that he had silenced Steven earlier. Not wanting to deal with any more of these shenanigans, especially while the ship was in danger, Davis refreshed the silence, but inadvertently silenced Russano as well, as he realized right after casting the spell.

He decided not to say anything as he and Russano picked up Steven and carried him out.

--

Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt

*Russano and Davis carry Steven over to the medbay. Russano notes that the elevator had to return again, and also saw that the fuse box had been "repaired" by someone, probably other than Herman... someone was definitely there*

After dropping Steven off on a bed, Russano walked over to the armory in order to find a more conventional weapon to carry with him. Assuming the group planned to stay undercover as long as possible, he didn't need anything powerful, just functional and not too flashy.
The choices:
Sunfury (100)
Corsair Rapier
Nightfall

((Note: Crit basically means what happens if you roll a 5. If you roll a 6 a crit can also happen depending on whether or not you execute the attack correctly))

--

Wwolin, AKA Steven Cobalt

In the medbay, Steven found his old things sitting by him. Putting on his old outfit and checking his pistols, he got up and slowly turned the corner, making sure to keep an eye out for Herman in case he had followed.
"Now, about this Azobos guy..."

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 30, 2013, 12:52:50 am »

'Hm... the back is where the crack appeared in my memory of the other ship.... maybe something in this ship's engine room would help me remember more.'

Head to the ship's engine room and try to remember more. If I don't know how to get there, look for a map. There's gotta be a map right?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 04:07:01 pm by superBlast »
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 75