Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66782 times)

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3... Let's do this again.
« Reply #165 on: March 27, 2013, 08:01:28 pm »

''... OH YOU HAVE TO BE FREAKIN' KIDDING ME!'' Davis continued his rant with less polite words, trying to gain his bearings. He crouches, uses his powers to locate the 3 again, aswell as to 'see in the dark'. Deciding the situation is out of hand, Davis reaches out mentally to contact Dominic (I assume Davis doesn't yet know Dominic's little... detour from sanity), to alert him to Davis' situation and to enquire as to his own.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 28, 2013, 01:01:15 pm »

((Is Russano still Psi-Drained? I thought that would only last for one turn.))

Still unaware of the Russano took the moment to sigh deeply before giving the man a piercing stare. It was about time he recovered the warp crystal and left that uncouth piece of rock. "I am a gambler and a diplomat. Even if your bedtime stories and terrible bluffing happened to be believable, they would still be a remarkably bad attempt at distraction." he said, extending an open palm towards the man as if waiting to receive something.

"I just want my property back. If you were so kind as to return it, that would be deeply appreciated." The diplomat knew that attempted was most likely little more than a waste of time, but he had to remain corteous even when faced with stressful situations, otherwise he would not have been picked to the position he occupied. Unfortunately for anyone mistaking his well-mannered behavior for weakness, he was also adherent of the philosophy of talking softly and carrying a big gun.

Whilst he talked, his mind sparked in sudden flashes of energy, trying to analyze their options of escape and calculating possible routes for a teleport-based pursuit. He briefly wondered how the officers were doing, having been focused solely on the man with his warp crystal.

Establish a Twisted Transistor link on the Thinking Man. If he tries to teleport away, use any residual energy or trail left by his technique to tunnel to him using a Flash Portal.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 28, 2013, 01:44:41 pm »

((You guys are taking the fact the some man just crashed the wall while saying some angry sounding gibberish pretty well since you guys are apparently ignoring it.))
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 28, 2013, 02:25:27 pm »

((You guys are taking the fact the some man just crashed the wall while saying some angry sounding gibberish pretty well since you guys are apparently ignoring it.))
((The first draft of my post made mention to it, but Russano's reaction was the same as his current one and I do not want to edit the post. His main worry is the warp crystal and he is good at keeping his composure, so he is putting pressure on Steven under the assumption the officers will take care of gibberish man. :P))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 28, 2013, 03:47:42 pm »

((Steven Cobalt cancels notice threat: Insane))
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 31, 2013, 06:34:07 pm »

Roll 17

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

Quote from: HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan
Use Bladestorm and throw the blades at the area in front of the Entropic Mage, creating a barrier so that he doesn't flee.

[1] You see the psion fleeing your presence as the others become aware of you. For some reason, they are ignoring you, waiting for you to make your move. However, they do not interest you.

Creating a storm of metal, brought into existence by your absolute control over reality, you cut off the psion's escape path just as he reaches a room at the end of the hallway. He keeps going, but you struggle to maintain your control of the storm at such a distance. The shards fall to the ground, and more of the creatures show up to inspect the glowing, humming shards of steel resonating with your power. Furious, you charge down the hallway after him at immense speed and take a blow to the back while turning to face the psion.

Quote from: Superblast, AKA Ryan
Run to the exit, ignoring anything that has nothing to directly do with me. Once outside, just run in some random direction.

If Myslef succeeds in blocking me, yell out "Oh come on! The exit is right there and I'm gonna die! I don't even know what's happening!" while trying to pull out a sword to use it as a weapon.

"Got him!" shouted a guard. Then, after a brief pause, he continued: "Oh crap! It's Zoshan!"
[5] Seeing that the guard had just sabotaged his own organization, you dive through the crowd civilians at the door and exit the building. Met with a debilitating torrent of rain that drenches what's left of your shirt and clouds your vision, you see nothing but the city lights around you. To get to a better place, you rush across the edge of the building and into an alley where the rain is not as thick and you hide behind a dumpster.
Quote from: Wwolin, AKA Steven Cobalt
Continue storytelling/bluffing to buy Ryan some more time. If he makes it outside, then TeleWARp to him and look for somewhere to hide.

"I've had enough of this stalling. Hand me the crystal!" the diplomat shouts.
[6] Simply winking, you disappear in a flash and, knowing Ryan better than Ryan himself, manage to teleport to him without sight or knowledge of his whereabouts.
"Get up, it's time to go!"

As you help Ryan to his feet, you hear the distinctive sound of primitive teleportation magic behind you.

Quote from: Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt
Establish a Twisted Transistor link on the Thinking Man. If he tries to teleport away, use any residual energy or trail left by his technique to tunnel to him using a Flash Portal.

[4+1] You successfully follow Steven through his teleWARp, emerging in a flash of light from behind him. With your sword drawn, you announce your intent:
"In the name of the King and Queen of Aldros II, I demand that you relinquish my property or face the wrath of a warlock!"
Lightning arcs between your fingers as you ready a combat spell for the inevitable engagement that is about to occur.

Quote from: Maxinum McDreich, AKA Davis Theul
use his powers to locate the 3 again, aswell as to 'see in the dark'. Deciding the situation is out of hand, Davis reaches out mentally to contact Dominic (I assume Davis doesn't yet know Dominic's little... detour from sanity), to alert him to Davis' situation and to enquire as to his own.

"Zoshan!" you shout as you head down the hallway. "How deep was the wound? Can you still move?"
[5] You sense that it doesn't seem to be hurting him all that much. You think bullet must have somehow, beyond all logic, gone straight through Dominic's shoulder without hitting anything major. Actually, it was just his kevlar trenchcoat, but you always assumed it was a normal one.

You seek the minds of the three that just disappeared right in front of you. You further establish your ability to tag minds and locate them across great distances.

Ability Learned: Tagging.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 07:27:48 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 31, 2013, 07:09:24 pm »

"God dammit, can you just give up already? I know you want your crystal back, but had you just left me alone, Ryan and I could be picking up girls in a bar somewhere, and you could be getting a new crystal without having to deal with the smoothest pair of criminals in the galaxy. I mean, what the hell drove you to pursue us anyways? If you hit me with your best shot, I'm gonna feel it for a few months but be good as new in no time, even if you managed to take one of my arms off. If I hit you with my best shot, your family's gonna be picking out your coffin the next day. Now why don't you just head into any bar on the planet, mention the name Steven Cobalt once or twice, and be surrounded by more women than you can shake a stick at while you wait for a new warp crystal? It'd be a hell of a lot easier than trying to get your old one back."

Give my speech, and then freeze Russano's arms and legs solid, taking advantage of the water from the rain to encase his limbs in ice.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 31, 2013, 07:29:54 pm »

((Russano rarely loses composure, by the way. He is quite the gentlemanly man, except when it comes to matters of life or death.))

"Really, why do you gentlemen refuse to return me what you have stolen?" Russano asked, his voice already slightly exasperated from having to deal with such stubborn criminals, who had actually turned out to be psions. He had kept his composure so far, which was quite the achievement in itself judging by how not only they refused to listen to reason, but had also demonstrated a very large amount of arrogance. "And some individuals have the nerve to say my planet is one full of savages."

The diplomat felt like rubbing his temples at the sheer chaos of the situation he had found himself in, taking another split second to wonder where the officers were. There was a raging figure on fire which had appeared without any sign of being stopped...Oh, that was one of them. Nevermind. He would have to take matters into his hands once again, but as before shooting to kill wasn't exactly an option in this case lest he got into more trouble.

His eyes slowly narrowed to slits as he was once again offended and had his skills questioned by the man. "Mister Tough Guy, could you refrain from underestimating your opponent and simply surrender the warp crystal to me?" Blue sparks started to crackle and arcs of lightning randomly streaked over his ornate gauntlet's surface, harmless to their generator but carrying both high-voltage charges and a certain kind of deadly beauty.

His mind was centered and his focus was set.

Establish a Twisted Transistor link to Steven and if successful follow with a Lightning Bolt directed at him.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 07:33:12 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 31, 2013, 07:50:47 pm »

"Hey, uh, Steven, can't we just just give the crystal thingy back to him if it's really his? I think he'll leave us alone and not fry you again with his electricity." Ryan tries to convince Steven to give the crystal to the crazy swordsman before he decides to fry us. 'Maybe sticking with this guy is a bad idea. He may have helped me out but I get the feeling trouble likes to follow him around....' Ryan says to himself in the back of his mind.

All he wants is some peace and quiet in order to figure out who he is. He's tired of being in constant danger by crazy evil people people.

Try to convince Steven to just had the crystal back over to the swordsman. If that doesn't work to attempt to steal the crystal from him and throw it down the alley and run away in the opposite direction. Look for a building that looks like it'd be fine for me to enter.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 31, 2013, 08:20:12 pm »

((Russano rarely loses composure, by the way. He is quite the gentlemanly man, except when it comes to matters of life or death.))

((The intent was to show he knows that Steven is just buying time and is trying to stop it.))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 31, 2013, 08:30:11 pm »

((The intent was to show he knows that Steven is just buying time and is trying to stop it.))
((Yes, makes sense. Steven is quite caddish.))
>Yes?

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 31, 2013, 08:40:35 pm »

"Hey, uh, Steven, can't we just just give the crystal thingy back to him if it's really his? I think he'll leave us alone and not fry you again with his electricity." Ryan tries to convince Steven to give the crystal to the crazy swordsman before he decides to fry us.

"Nope, because it's not his at all. Your amnesia must be getting to you again. You see, I had gotten this one through completely legal means when that diplomat over there happened to lose his. He seems to think that it's his crystal that I have, and he's turned the entire police force against us. And here's the real kicker: I got this thing because some psychotic bastard stole yours, and you're set to be married in a little less than a day. What the hell sort of best man would I be if I let the groom arrive late to his own wedding because he didn't have a warp crystal? Now, see if you can do anything to help me out. I don't think that this 'diplomat' can handle both of us at once."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 31, 2013, 08:53:40 pm »

Russano Neskratt sighs. "Lies. You do not buy or acquire warp crystals with such ease." the diplomat says, moving his gaze to Ryan. "If I am interpreting things correctly, you were the one who was arrested for the theft of the crystal, and exactly because your partner made his escape after stealing my property and left you unconscious to be taken by the officers and interrogated. I do not understand why you seem to have forgotten what happened, but that is about all I know, my apologies."

"You will probably prefer to believe the arrogant man who is fighting the police and escaping instead of trusting my word, anyway. I do not even know why I am trying to explain this." he says, shrugging.
>Yes?

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 01, 2013, 12:04:28 am »

Myslef tired to move to pursue the Entropic mage, but felt a force preventing him from moving. It must be his [original race] side trying to take control of this vessal.
"No! My rage is beyond control!" Try as he might, Myslef could feel the form calming down, and thus losing control. Eventually, he could hear a voice.
"...now would you kindly get out of my mind!" Myslef couldn't even think of a response before he felt entering slumber again, and losing control.

Calm down.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 12:07:24 am by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 01, 2013, 01:10:25 am »

"Right now I don't care if it's his or not... I don't care if I have a wife somewhere! I just want everyone to stop trying to kill me all the time because of something I don't even remember! Just give it too him and buy a new one so he'll leave us alone. Sounds a lot easier to just do that...." Ryan still unconvinced or just plain doesn't care. All he wants is to just not be in danger.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 75