Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 75

Author Topic: RTD 3 -- Space Wizards for Real  (Read 66767 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: RTD 3... Let's do this again.
« Reply #135 on: March 16, 2013, 01:54:23 am »

Finals soon. After Wednesday I should be able to roll more often than... this. We'll get back on track then. Sorry for the wait!

Roll 14

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

Quote from: Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt
Concentrate; Use Universal Clock on both men and the cockroach so they return to the state they were five minutes ago. If it is successful, walk towards the area they came running from, and if it fails try to dodge out of the giant roach's way.

[5] As a warlock, Russano not only focused on destructive potential when crafting his spells, but also sought out a deeper understanding of reality and causation. Time, he had come to think, was the product of a chain of casual links between objects that, when broken, could be manipulated by his will. However, he needed to somehow dislodge the two men and the cockroach from the spacetime fabric.
Without the warp crystal's energy, this would have proven impossible. But Russano, recognizing the source of energy, channeled the warp crystal's power and lifted off the ground temporarily. The thief with the crystal looked down and reached into his pocket. A flash of light came out and burned the surroundings before everything suddenly reverted back to its prior state, except for Russano himself.

He couldn't be sure whether or not he had caused some kind of chaos outside the building. The extent of this power was untested--it only worked when an opportunity presented itself.
Russano approached the door and was subsequently tossed aside by the same roach that had just charged at him. The same two men came out after, but with a lesser halo around the one with the warp crystal.

They approached him as he got up.

Quote from: HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan
Form a concrete wall in front of the entrance to block the escapees. Then unstuck myself.

[1] You attempt to halt the assailant's escape by erecting a wall in front of them, but AH GOOD HEAVENS MY EYES ARGH!

As the whiteness around you fades, you see that everything around you is back to normal--except for you. To everyone else, you suddenly have radiation scorch marks all over your clothing. While still being stuck in the ground.

Quote from: Maxinum McDreich, AKA Davis Theul
''I'll see about getting to them!'' Davis called to Dominic, and started to push aside the crowd to reach the cockroach riding escapists. Man, did Davis really just say that in his head?

[4] You push aside the crowd and finally get to ground level. Suddenly everything goes white and you are back at the top of the stands, with more people in the way. Your uniform appears to be covered in scorch marks.
What just happened?
Noticing that Dominic is the only other person nearby that experienced the same thing you did, you assume you are being psionically attacked somehow. The fiend! You rush past Dominic, who signals for you to go on, and follow up to the smashed doorway. Personnel are gathering around an injured officer, and a few officers seem to be getting ready to pursue the thieves, unslinging their rifles and setting up their communicators. You go ahead and see that the thieves are standing by a diplomat slumped over by the wall.

Quote from: Wwolin, AKA Steven Cobalt
Run for the exit and do a quick scan of the area with the scoggles, looking for anything that might help us escape if something goes horribly wrong.

You can't help but think something had happened that you don't remember somehow. Regardless, you follow the roach and hear a thumping sound as the roach breaks through the doorway. [6] You and Ryan encounter a disoriented man in ceremonial attire slumped against the wall. He has a sword in its sheath.

Quote from: superBlast, AKA Ryan
Run for the exit ignoring the man with the sword.

You opt to ignore the man with the sword, but Steven seems to be thinking.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 01:56:05 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 16, 2013, 02:26:28 am »

"Uh, what are you thinking for? We need to get out of here before some crazy person catches us!" Ryan says to Steven. He's getting impatient of finally leaving this crazy building filled with terrifyingly crazy people.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 16, 2013, 10:32:33 am »

"Well, this is unpleasant."
Get myslef unstuck form the ground, and proceed to chase the escapees.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 16, 2013, 12:05:05 pm »

''FREEZE!'' Davis brings his weapon up, pointing at the three. ''You three are under arrest pending investigation of the thievery of a warp crystal, besides assault and murder of officers and resisting arrest.'' Davis mind scans the three for intentions, whilst keeping his weapon ready on them. If they turn to run, Davis fires warning shots at whatever escape they had in mind. If they bring up weapons to him, he shoots them (if a good roll, he shoots their weapons, preferring to keep them alive to find out why they stole the crystal and for whom.)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 16, 2013, 03:40:37 pm »

"Murder!? I never killed anyone nor do I plan to! You guys are the ones who want to kill me! All I want is to not die!" Ryan yells at back at the other crazy guy not in a top hat. He uses his technopathic powers to make his weapon be forced into safety and then he runs for the nearest exit out of the building whether his powers worked or not. Hopefully Steven will follow behind.

Use my technopathic powers to force Davis' weapon into safety mode (or make it malfunction if that's not possible). Then make a run for the exit out of the building. Use more technopathy on anyone else's weapon that try to stop me.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 06:48:28 pm by superBlast »
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 16, 2013, 03:44:01 pm »

''FREEZE!''

"That's all I have to do? Well why didn't you just say so? I'm what you would call a professional at freezing! Just watch this!"

Use cryokinesis to freeze Davis. Try to keep him alive but incapacitated. After all, he can't be impressed my my skill if he's dead. Then follow Ryan.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 16, 2013, 04:33:38 pm »

((In which occasion is Warlock applied, by the way?))

"You three?" Russano asked in a polite voice, although his voice showed a hint of indignation. "This day has been tiring at the very least, so try and identify a diplomat when you see one." he completed. His ability had apparently failed and made the escaping people return only a few seconds in time along with the roach instead of the five minutes intended. Maybe he should try and train it further at a later date.

However, it was not the time for that kind of thing; he noticed there were more pressing matters ahead. The men near him were apparently criminals...Two of them and one of them seemed to be the thinking man of the duo. A slight smirk took his lips as blue sparks started to fly around his gauntlet. "Gentlemen, do you gamble?"

Activate "I Like These Odds" and blast the "Thinking Man" with a Lightning Bolt.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 16, 2013, 10:13:18 pm »

((In which occasion is Warlock applied, by the way?))

((On the magic roll. I actually forgot about it this time, although I think the effect fits a 6 as well :P. It's sort of dependent on the warp crystal for energy.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 16, 2013, 10:43:03 pm »

((On the magic roll. I actually forgot about it this time, although I think the effect fits a 6 as well :P. It's sort of dependent on the warp crystal for energy.))
((Oh, ok. I'd also like to say I forgot to add it to my action and do not want to edit it in now, but Russano wants to disable and damage the escaping man - "trying to keep him alive but incapacitated", as said by Wwolin.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 21, 2013, 02:24:14 pm »

Roll 15

Spoiler: superBlast, AKA Ryan (click to show/hide)

-----

Quote from: Caellath, AKA Russano Neskratt
Activate "I Like These Odds" and blast the "Thinking Man" with a Lightning Bolt.

[You channel your mind and successfully double-cast Lightning Bolt, draining yourself of excess power for the next turn.]

[4+1] Russano silently outstretched his hand at the "Thinking Man." The Thinking Man's face turned to horror as he realized that the diplomat, too, was a Psion. Twin bolts of lightning left Russano's arm and coursed through Steven, continuing through the air and curving upward into the metal rail that the ceiling lamps were attached to. Steven fell down, his muscles twitching out of control for a few moments.

Quote from: Maxinum McDreich, AKA Davis Theul
Davis mind scans the three for intentions, whilst keeping his weapon ready on them. If they turn to run, Davis fires warning shots at whatever escape they had in mind. If they bring up weapons to him, he shoots them (if a good roll, he shoots their weapons, preferring to keep them alive to find out why they stole the crystal and for whom.)

[4] Davis assesses the situation, taking in information from the minds around him and determining that the third person was a diplomat, who also turned out to be a Psion himself. The man was named Russano Neskratt... and was wholly sane, unlike the two thieves, who were anything but.

[4+1] He turned to the two thieves, drawing his weapon and firing off warning shots down the hallway at the floor. The plasma rounds burst on contact, leaving small pools of quickly-evaporating plasma which scorched the ground and filled the air which a characteristic smell.
"FREEZE!" He shouted, "You three are under arrest pending investigation of the thievery of an alien artifact, besides assault and attempted murder of officers and resisting arrest!"

Quote from: superBlast, AKA Ryan
Use my technopathic powers to force Davis' weapon into safety mode (or make it malfunction if that's not possible). Then make a run for the exit out of the building. Use more technopathy on anyone else's weapon that try to stop me.

Davis could feel that the one with amnesia was trying to do something. He tried to interfere, [5] but Ryan managed to scan the weapon and determine a host of ways he could cause it to malfunction by now. He started with a sticky trigger.

Once again, and seeing Steven climb back up, Davis attempted to fire more warning shots to get the criminal's attention. The trigger stuck, however, and he was forced to spend his entire magazine on the hallway, almost shooting a secretary carring papers on the far side of the building.

Quote from: Wwolin, AKA Steven Cobalt
Use cryokinesis to freeze Davis. Try to keep him alive but incapacitated. After all, he can't be impressed my my skill if he's dead. Then follow Ryan.

Steven got up. He had just been electrocuted, as he could tell from the fact that he couldn't remember what had actually brought him to the floor. He knew this from experience.

He heard a hail of bullets fly over his head as he raised himself to his feet, and once he fully came to he realized that the officer in front of him had just spent his entire magazine. Now was his time to make a move! [3] A freezing wind passed, causing ice to start building up in Davis' uniform.

Quote from: HEN, AKA Dominic Zoshan
Get myslef unstuck form the ground, and proceed to chase the escapees.

[6] Dominic focused on getting himself unstuck from the ground. In the process, he thought out the following phrase: I better get myslef out form the ground.
Noting his grammatical error, he pondered how he could make such a mistake while thinking, considering he wasn't even visualizing the text in his mind.

His frustration out of his powers working against him stirred up a rage inside of him. This rage was not human, it was from the heart of someone, or something, far worse.
He didn't remember his true form anymore, nor how or why he had taken up the existence of a human. But the anger was too much, he had to break free.

Quote from: HEN, AKA Myslef, the Wrath of the Ancients

You begin to generate an aura. Entropic forces swirl around you. You are no longer Dominic, but you only remember your identity, and nothing more. You are MYSLEF (Miz-Leffffffhhhh), and you are thoroughly enraged.
Releasing a seismic explosion, you blast away the hard rock around your feet. You look around, and see chaos and disorder. You feel... at home, and take in some of the energy flowing around you. Unbeknownst to you, however, your presence leeches chaos from the surrounding area, and as such order is returning to the world around you. Sensing another source of entropic power near the doorway, you plan to make your way there. But first, you must find a way to maintain your form or else you will return to your pitiful former self.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 21, 2013, 05:07:45 pm »

"Hmm, I feel the chaos around me..."
Break through the wall to the other force of entropy. Once there, pull the lights off the ceiling.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 05:09:35 pm by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 21, 2013, 08:52:21 pm »

((Question... how much power is coming from Zoshan (or whoe ever he is now)? Like enough to where I can feel his presence... or am I just completely oblivious to his situation?))

Ryan is panicking now. Turns out that random sword guy wants Ryan just as dead and once that guy reloads his gun we'll be surrounded and on top of that his partner just got zapped pretty badly. Ryan can only think of one option... but he hopes it won't hurt him too badly. "Sorry about this... I just don't want to die yet," Ryan mumbles to himself. He may not remember anything about himself, but he doesn't want kill anyone if he doesn't have to.

Use pryokinisis on the lightning guy with all my will and while he's distracted (or more likely then not, burning alive) help up Steven and try to run away finally.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 11:11:02 pm by superBlast »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 21, 2013, 09:19:44 pm »

((Question... how much power is coming from Zoshan (or whoe ever he is now)? Like enough to where I can feel his presence... or am I just completely oblivious to his situation?))

((He is a non-human being that subsists off of entropy. He can sense these things because he needs it to remain in his form.

So no, not without some special perception like Russano.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 21, 2013, 09:57:57 pm »

"And it turns out I am not trying to kill any of you. In case you have not noticed so far, I have only tried to disable your partner when I could have seriously wounded him if I so wanted." was the diplomat's answer to Ryan's apology as he stood up. "In fact, I would not even have attacked him if you both were not so overtly hostile."

Russano stopped talking as he noticed the man in rags did not seem to have the same intent to talk. "Attacking me with deadly force will get me very displeased." he said in a stern tone as he crossed his arms.

Dodge towards cover if the man does not listen to reason.
>Yes?

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 21, 2013, 11:22:34 pm »

The swordsman did well enough to calm down Ryan. He just saved himself from being cooked Thinking more clearly now, he thinks of another way that wouldn't risk killing a person as much. Lucky Ryan, the mans sword looks mechanical as well...

Use my powers to turn on the swordsman's sword while it's in it's scabbard and make it go berserk if possible. Help up Steven and try to run past the swordsman while he's distracted and go to where ever the exit is.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 75