Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Semi-Megabeast Question  (Read 523 times)

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
Semi-Megabeast Question
« on: January 22, 2013, 02:01:54 pm »

So I am testing a fortress/world and have generated one with 100 of each: Titans, Semi-Megabeasts, and Forgotten Beasts.

The Titans and Forgotten Beasts show up as expected, but I have seen zero Semi-megabeasts (cyclops, ettin, giant, minotaur) in over 15 years of in-game time.

Anyone know what the problem is?  I've set the wealth threshold for Titans at 10,000☼ created, and they arrive within a year of that trigger, and continue showing up regularly thereafter, just like FB's.

Is there perhaps some hard-coded threshold independent of advanced worldgen parameters that determines if/when semi-megabeasts attack?  I have 21 dwarves in play.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Semi-Megabeast Question
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 02:24:33 pm »

Maybe the titans are crowding out the megabeasts for sites. Did you also set caves to 100+? caves are important somehow for the megabeast ecosystem.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 02:43:26 pm »

Yep, I made sure there were enough caves for everyone, plus a little extra.  The semi-megabeasts are in the world (legends and worldgen-populations) they're just not... attacking.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 05:04:02 pm »

...They don't feel like it?

"In fortress mode, they (minotaurs) will attack your fortress once it reaches 50 population, 5000 exported wealth, and 50000 created wealth. They can be quite dangerous, easily overpowering normal dwarves, but a well-equipped military should be able to take care of one. They are susceptible to traps and can easily be restrained via a cage trap and can then be used in a labyrinth of your own."

You probably need more exported wealth and Dwarf population.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 06:04:49 pm »

It's gotta be hardcoded population then, because I was up to 4.2M in wealth.

Well, good to know, skipping Semi-Megabeasts and sticking to Titans/FB's. :)