Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Pandorium: A Semi-Serious RTD Adventure - Turn 7 (Sometimes Seeking Adventurers)  (Read 9111 times)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Re: Pandorium: An RTD Adventure - Turn 5
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2013, 06:38:16 pm »

GOD FUCKING DAMEDHNFOJIDSHFOH
fuck.
Thanks a lot web...shit.

jk: All in good fun but serisouly though, try not to kill people so...ingolrisouly.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2013, 06:42:43 pm »

GOD FUCKING DAMEDHNFOJIDSHFOH
fuck.
Thanks a lot web...shit.

jk: All in good fun but serisouly though, try not to kill people so...ingolrisouly.
Sorry :(

I tried to make it up to you with a good cutscene. I felt bad.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2013, 07:05:30 am »

"Oh dear."

Find somewhere to spend the night. Ask nice looking people for directions if you come upon any.
Love, scriver~

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2013, 11:37:03 am »

"Ok let see..."

Find a inn
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2013, 05:59:59 pm »

Wow, busy week. My bad for not updating! Anyone up for an opening spot(s)? Waiting listers get first dibs.

Turn 5

Meet up with Q again. See if I can't perform for money. DAMN I'm fucking hungry.
[3] - You leave town and call for Q.

“Good evening, master. I must advise we get inside. The current Guardian of Pandorium does not take too kindly to breaking curfew.”

Before you can ask any questions, something akin to a shield begins to form around Pandorium. You think it over.

“Let’s go, Q.”

You run back into town, making it before the shield falls, with Q in tow. In the darkness, Q’s glowing body appears to be much more humanoid than before.

WELL, WELL, WELL, booms an unknown voice. You hold your hands over your ears, but it doesn’t do anything. LOOKS LIKE THIS IS GOING TO BE A GOOD NIGHT.

"Oh dear."

Find somewhere to spend the night. Ask nice looking people for directions if you come upon any.
[5] - As you’re walking, you come across a couple.

“Uh, excuse me,” you say, politely getting their attention. “Do you know of anywhere for an old lady to stay around here? I’m a bit new to the area.”

The couple’s faces light up. They don’t get many foreigners around these parts. They gladly take you to their house. They remind you that they simply must hurry.

“Why?” you ask.

“The Guardian doesn’t like people out past dusk,” the man says. The woman shoots him a look, but you’re unsure of what it means. They don’t say anything else on the matter.

When you get to the place, you’re immediately stunned. Their house is... magnificent. It sort of reminds you of your own dream home that you had when you were a little girl.

When you’re inside, you learn a bit more about the couple. Both the man and woman are the Enforcers. It appears to be a really important job here that essentially is a policeman. You suddenly remember that you don’t know their names.

“We’re the Enforcers?” the man says, confused.

“But,” you protest, “don’t you have any names?”

The woman remembers that you’re a foreigner. She explains that when you maintain an important position in Pandorium that you no longer carry a name.

“Names are usually only given to husbands and wives or really good friends by children. It’s mostly confusing in school, but each child is usually given a nickname until they’ve been assessed.

“In fact,” she adds, smiling the biggest smile her face can hold, “our daughter was recently given the title of Traveler!”

You congratulate her, holding back the urge to talk about your grandchi--Ah, why not!

PFFFAHAHAHAHAHA
Best turn. Best.
Ask to see the records keeper of the police. Have a lengthy discussion with him on how the police are doing from a bookkeeper's standpoint. Offer to assist him.
[4 + (1) = 5] - You go to the police station and have a rather lengthy chat with the police. And wouldn’t you know it, they seem to want to use your black magicks for good.

They hand you a badge and make you the honorary Financial Investigator. As the Financial Investigator, your first mission is to uncover where bunch of lost funding has gone off to, to be completed tomorrow. It’s late, and no one is allowed outside by order of the Guardian.

Quest Gain - The Financial Investigator: Recover the police’s lost funding.
Status Gain - The Honorary Financial Investigator: You have been titled.

Find a guide.
[5] - You decide to go find a guide.

Except you have no idea what that even means. What do you need a guide for?

Sometimes you have the weirdest thoughts. They’re almost completely out of character.

You instead look for something logical, like a place to sleep for the night. You look for a nearby inn that you kind of wish you still had your money for, and enter.

You manage to sweet talk the the innkeeper into getting a room for free. All you have to do is a bit of work. Which you do.

Way to go, champ.

"Ok let see..."

Find a inn
[3] - You turn and ask Klarissa where an inn is. She points back from where you just left. You re-enter, finding a place to sit down. The whole place was extremely crowded.

You ask Klarissa if she has any money to buy anything.

“Nope.”

You ask Klarissa if we can go back to the castle.

“Nope.”

You ask Klarissa--

“Nope.”

Alright. Enough’s enough. You get up and storm out of the inn. How irritating.

You walk out into the empty streets. The voices you hear from the inn die down as you leave. In fact... Everything’s quiet.

Klarissa tries to pull you back inside.

But, it’s too late.

YOU SHOULDN’T BE OUT SO LATE, SUBJECT 2. The booming voice ricochets inside your head. Klarissa’s hands stop holding you up and go to her head. You fall down, dazed.

WELL, WELL, WELL, booms the unknown voice. The voice seems to be talking to someone else. LOOKS LIKE THIS IS GOING TO BE A GOOD NIGHT.

Group Event (Samuel, Ash):
Samuel, Ash, and Klarissa are lying on the ground as a figure made completely of darkness emerges before them. Slowly, the darkness pulls away, revealing a beautiful woman with dark hair and a black dress. Q, unphased by the booming voice, now seemed a bit startled, backing away slightly from the Guardian.

The Guardian smiled, darkness dripping down from her mouth. Her eyes opened wide, revealing deep black holes.

The Guardian walks up to Ash and lifts her head up with a single finger. Ash couldn’t bring herself to focus on the Guardian’s face. “Subject 2, how did you get stuck with such a poor Guide? Poor thing.” She gave what could only be a glare at Klarissa before turning away from her, focusing her attention on Samuel and then Q.

“Come now, Q. I thought it was pretty clear that you were banished.” She took a few steps closer to Q, who took an equal number of steps backward. He seemed on the edge of running away, but there wasn’t anywhere he could go.

“I made a mistake following you, master.” Q’s voice wasn’t the same monotone quality Samuel was used to. This time, he could hear the fear.

“So,” the Guardian starts, WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY CITY?

Side Event:
The President was on his way down. The team had gotten the call after the incident with Subject 6. Dr. Kevlak was not a fan of these meetings.

The President knocked on the door to his office, opening it immediately afterward.

“I thought there was group testing going on.” Alduous Webbington monopolized the doorway and made his presence felt. Dr Kevlak could never help but stare at Alduous. He had a way about himself.

And Kevlak hated it.

And Alduous knew. Kevlak knew he knew.

“I was preparing an analysis of Subject 6,” Kevlak told the President.

Alduous’ gaze drifted elsewhere. “How is the group testing going?”

“Beside Subject 6? We’re still gathering the data on the other Subjects.”

“Good.” The President turned to leave. He paused. “Just remember what this is all for.” He left.

Kevlak crumpled up the paper he was looking at.

He grabbed the phone and dialed Dr. Jamieson.

“Grab the waiting subjects.”

Samuel Malbeuf
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ruth-Mary Duponte

Jarick Sadir

Simon Jackson

Ash Dust

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Pandorium: An RTD Adventure - Turn 6
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2013, 06:10:56 pm »

Sleep
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2013, 06:24:54 pm »

"Klarissa, you are no longer my most hated person. No wait that a lie mother was that, but you are no longer the second most hated."

Get to feet and help Klarissa to her feet. Question the Guardian's parents marital status.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2013, 06:47:56 pm »

Leap up, push the guardian to the ground, grab Q, and RUN!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2013, 09:37:46 pm »

Follow the paper trail left by the thieves, beginning at dawn.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pandorium: A Semi-Serious RTD Adventure - Turn 6
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2013, 04:38:39 pm »

((So, should I wait for more to join, or should I simply move on?

It's not that big of a deal, to be sure. I can always improvise as needed. But, I always enjoy having people care about their characters, and it gives me more of an attachment to a character if there's a being behind it. Plus, it's easier to emulate a character that isn't held completely in my own head.

Anyhow, here's to making it to Turn 5! Next anniversary will be Turn 10. I enjoy you all playing, reading, helping, whatever! Keep it up!))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2013, 04:50:20 pm »

((May be you should put looking for players in the title?))

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2013, 05:47:34 pm »

((May be you should put looking for players in the title?))
((Hmm... Nah. It'll be a gift to anyone that finds it.))

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2013, 07:46:55 pm »

Wow. I didn't mean to take this long. It's been a busy week and some.

Turn 6

Leap up, push the guardian to the ground, grab Q, and RUN!
[5] - Action!

Quote from: Ruth-Mary
Sleep
[2] - Sleep!

Follow the paper trail left by the thieves, beginning at dawn.
[1] - Sleep!

Sleep
[2] - Sleep!

"Klarissa, you are no longer my most hated person. No wait that a lie mother was that, but you are no longer the second most hated."

Get to feet and help Klarissa to her feet. Question the Guardian's parents marital status.
[2] - Action!

Group Event: Action!
As Samuel gets to his feet, he feels a great warmth, followed by a sudden darkness. Ice fills his veins, starting from his stomach and spreading to his limbs and then his head. His brain freezes. And then he feels normal.

THE THIEF? HOW FITTING... The Guardian booms.

Ash can no longer see Samuel. He’d simply disappeared into thin air. And then the Guardian is sent flying. The Guardian spins around and stops midair, floating on a broom. Samuel is standing where the Guardian had been. He stares, unbelieving, at his hands that had been invisible only seconds before. Then, he regains himself and runs to Q, grabbing his hand and running from the Guardian.

I TOLD YOU, THERE’S NOWHERE TO HIDE!

Ash takes this as her cue to also run, but the Guardian points a finger at her and Klarissa. Invisible wires wrap around her. She tries to break free, but can’t, falling to the ground along with Klarissa. The Guardian speeds off on her broom.

Group Event: Sleep!
As Ruth-Mary, Jarick, and Simon head off to sleep, they find themselves restless. They can’t sleep. Shadows dance and whisper. Moonlight plots secretly with the night.

Jarick’s had enough of what he can take and decides to go for a midnight stroll.

Ruth-Mary strolls, half asleep, out the door.

Simon finds the night air relaxing and slips outside.

Group Event - All
Samuel races down the streets of Pandorium with Q in tow. After a while, he jumps into an alleyway to catch his breath.

“Q,” Samuel speaks in between gasps, “Who the hell was that?!”

“The Guardian, master.”

HE HE HE. That voice is getting really annoying. The Guardian, riding her broom, stops in front of the alleyway Samuel’s in. She glides toward Samuel slowly, then gracefully drops to the ground. She reaches into her sleeve and pulls out a wand, flicking it swiftly. Dark, sparkling chains shoot out at lightning speed.

The Guardian: 5

Some of the chains shoot toward Samuel, but Q is faster, slashing the chains away. They shatter against the wall into tiny bits of shadow before melting into the darkness. However, more chains are shooting out throughout the city. They each stop randomly and begin retracting. As each pulls in, with it come the rest of the group: Ruth-Mary, Jarick, Ash, Klarissa, and Simon.

The Guardian points her wand at the wall, flicks her wrist, and the group flies through into...

… Are we back at the lab?

Ash gets up from the tRaNsporGer and rubs her eyes, followed by the rest of the group. Wait... this isn’t the tRaNsporGer. The lab isn’t the same either. And Klarissa is here. And Samuel isn’t.

Samuel watches as the group disappears through the black hole.

“What are you doing?!”

The Guardian sticks out her bottom lip. “I’m only having a bit of fun. Honestly, you’re all-”

She’s cut off by an explosion that shook the city. All three of them turn to see the shield around the city begin to crack. Bits of shadow fall as a thin white crack begins to spread. The Guardian immediately takes off into the sky.

“Wait! What about the rest of them?” Samuel tries to stop her.

The new lab has a single machine sitting in the middle of the room. Ruth-Mary and Jarick are now wearing lab coats for some unfathomable reason. Ash, Klarissa, and Simon remain dressed as they were. The lab has a single exit, but there’s a wall blocking everyone from exiting.

Suddenly, a figure appears.

“Name’s Alduous Webbington. Pleased to meet you all.”

Samuel Malbeuf

Ruth-Mary Duponte

Jarick Sadir

Simon Jackson

Ash Dust

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Pandorium: A Semi-Serious RTD Adventure - Turn 7
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2013, 07:58:14 pm »

Yay it isn't dead!

make polite conversation.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pandorium: A Semi-Serious RTD Adventure - Turn 7
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2013, 08:06:31 pm »

Yay it isn't dead!

make polite conversation.
No no. Not dead. Simply busy. I can't stop until the end!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5