Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Muscles and Combat  (Read 2760 times)

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
Muscles and Combat
« on: January 21, 2013, 04:19:17 pm »

Besmar Pagetrades the Faction of Trumpets.  Badass of the Fortress, Captain of the Guard, Champion.  151 years of age.  No heirs.  There was a Forgotten Beast made of salt that couldn't break down our door into the caverns, and was just standing there for years, blocking our ability to get silk.  Bolts would break it's "bones" but couldn't kill it.  I knew it's gas was toxic, but didn't know what it did.  Besmar ran in, and cut it in half with his first swing.  It's gas hit him once, but he seemed fine.  He began walking away, and collapsed.  Severe muscle swelling and tissue rot.  I thought it was the end, as he began to bleed all over the floor.  He was rushed to the hospital, where the rot was excised, and the swelling went from Severe to Minor.  In his health screen, it shows no wounds, but when viewing him, V W, it shows his whole body being yellow, probably from minor swelling.  It seems to affect his muscles.  My question is, will this affect his combat ability? 
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Muscles and Combat
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 04:44:14 pm »

If you are lucky, he will now feel no pain...

Basically your surgeons have removed his skin, which was blistering/rotting/infected by the sounds of it. Shouldnt affect his muscles or you would probably be told "ability to grasp/stand lost/imparied"
This is a blank sig.

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 10:06:14 pm »

thanks, we'll see. 
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

Jahsg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 10:14:25 pm »

Your dwarf is now a skinless automaton, held together only by his armor and un-shatterable will, he is a monster fit only to destroy other monsters.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 04:39:19 am »

For further reference reading on the creation of horrifically scarred brutal dwarven killing machines, I'd direct you to browse the following:

Dwarven Child Care

Yes, it's exactly what you're thinking. Project Spartan is good reading, especially the creative use of magma mist.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 07:37:28 am »

Make him train strength (like mining), he should be fine.

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 09:13:39 am »

Look at his full description. You can find it between his thoughts and preferences. And tell us what injuries does he have.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 09:57:24 am »

Wasn't there a character in a movie or something who had no skin and couldn't feel pain?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 05:06:42 pm »

Your dwarf is now a skinless automaton, held together only by his armor and un-shatterable will, he is a monster fit only to destroy other monsters.
Or retirement, drinking booze and teaching children the dangers of inhaling FB vapours.

EvilBob22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 05:29:54 pm »

Wasn't there a character in a movie or something who had no skin and couldn't feel pain?
Are you thinking of "Frank" from Hellraiser (the first one)?  I know he was skinless at first, and sometime after getting skin he talked about being able to feel things again.
I will run the experiment to completion anyway, however. Even if the only reason why there is a punctured equilibrium in the fortress is because I have been brutally butchering babies
EDIT: I just remembered that dwarves can't equip halberds. That might explain why the squads that use them always die.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 05:30:12 pm »

Are you thinking of "Frank" from Hellraiser (the first one)?  I know he was skinless at first, and sometime after getting skin he talked about being able to feel things again.

Yeah, that's the guy.

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 06:45:55 pm »

Besmar Morulnish Uzlir Sakzul has been happy lately.  He talked with the spouse lately.  He has been attacked lately.  He was rescued recently.  He was able to rest and recuperate lately.  He took joy in slaughter lately. 

He is married to Athel Craftedceilings.

He is a citizen of The Grooved Gold.  He is a member of The Gray Flags.  He is a former member of The Spears of Striking.  He is a former member of The Celebrated Door.  He is a former member of The Tome of Torches.  He is a former member of the Net of Skies.  He is an enemy of The Comedic Gears.  He is an enemy of The Cruelties of Oil.  He is an enemy of The Beach of Growling.  He is the Captain of the Guard of the Gray Flags.  He is the champion of the Gray Flags.  He is the former militia commander of the Gray Flags.  He arrived at Nokzamistrath on the 27th of Granite in the year 127. (1 Year after Creation)

He has the appearance of someone that is one hundred fifty-one years old and is the first of his kind.

He isn't tall, but has incredible muscles.  His very long sideburns are neatly combed.  His very long moustache is neatly combed.  His long beard is neatly combed.  His hair is clean-shaven.  His somewhat broad small-lobed ears are very flattened.  He has a recessed square chin.  His burnt umber skin is wrinkled.  His right lower leg bears a massive jagged scar.  His nose is slightly hooked.  His eyes are heliotrope.

He is amazingly agile, mighty, quite quick to heal, very rarely sick, tough and slow to tire.

Besmar Morulnish Uzlir Sakzul  likes native gold, aluminum, plume agate, saguaro rib wood, giant cave spider silk, gauntlets and buckets.  When possible he prefers to consume elephant seal, strawberry wine, and dwarven wheat flour.  He absolutely detests hamsters. 

He has an unbreakable will, great intuition, a great kinesthetic sense and an amazing spatial sense, but he has poor focus, little linguistic ability, and very bad analytical abilities. 

He is assertive.  He is not a risk-taker.  He is rarely happy or enthusiastic.  He likes to try new things.  He needs alcohol to get through the working day.  He doesn't really care about anything anymore.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.

-----------------------

As you can see, he's way too old to think about as a permanent super-soldier, but his wounds screen is all yellow, even though his body has no open wounds, and only one scar from a dragon awhile ago. 

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 06:56:58 pm »

If he can be a vampire perhaps you won't have to worry about old age.

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 07:00:10 pm »

he isn't.  i've never had a vampire in this fortress.  he's been around 20+ years. 

edgefigaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 08:30:42 pm »

I am amazed to hear a tale of a hospital success story.
Pages: [1] 2