Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72

Author Topic: You are a new God OOC thread.  (Read 108773 times)

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God OOC thread.
« Reply #1035 on: February 05, 2013, 09:29:26 pm »

aaaand Im wrong. Serena is air. sorry.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: February 05, 2013, 10:15:44 pm »

I wasn't sure what we had agreed on, and why are the others superfluous?
Why make firejackets rest in positions harder to defend instead of in the main citadel?
Why not have some hives full of creatures which produce healing salve/explosive/food/etc and can also be sent out to burn our enemies?
It's more a question of where to put them. I'm saying we put said hives inside the main area instead of on weapons platforms.
The hives wouldn't be a main weapon; we'd just make it easy to toss a hive or several down if we had to. Because, let's face it, it'll be useful to do so eventually, if only to spread firejackets.
The problem with that is we would be tossing overboard valuable hives of firenectar. What is the advantage over just sending firejackets?
Again, it's not a common tactic, more of an emergency thing. It sounds like the kind of thing that could come in handy and we'd regret not adding a simple thing like that some time later.
Oh, and to answer your question: Ever kicked a yellowjacket nest?
I know it would be a good emergency tactic with normal bees, but we can reproduce the effect by telling our firejackets to go hug the targets. More accurate and no turret slots required.
The hives are filled with what I presume is a highly flammable substance; telling the firejackets to go "hug" enemies isn't quite the same as having them angered; we can't always be relying on our own personal command for last-ditch defense stuff; and who said it would take a turret slot? It would just be something with however we set up the hives that makes it easier to detach and drop them.
My main objection with this is the fact that it would be a set of hives in place of a perimeter turret.
Why would it need to be put in place of a turret?
Yur original suggestion was as a turret slot
Not intentionally.

Chaos Lacrima, eh?

Let's have four ourselves - Two each of Fire and Life. I think that would be wonderfully useful. Blast the Cold things with the Fire cannon to overwhelm them, and the undead with wtf-ever because fire and life are two major weaknesses of the undead.
Sounds like a good idea.

Let's see if we can find some water deity. Ideally "of Chaos."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: February 05, 2013, 10:34:11 pm »

I thought Selena was air. Guys, if she's water, then we have every element. We must make Roku.
Serena is Knowledge, Light, Air.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: February 06, 2013, 03:50:55 pm »

I thought Selena was air. Guys, if she's water, then we have every element. We must make Roku.

Is that a reference to Avatar: The Last Airbender?

And I really need to catch up on the last three updates.

I'm past trying to catch up with all the scheming. You guys should go work for Maher.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: February 06, 2013, 04:23:49 pm »

I'd like to note that we should be careful about using biological weapons on our Laputa (what have we decided to call it again?), like Gourd Cannons and such. Remember that the enemy may/probably have Death Shields, and I'd assume that biological weapons would have biological projectiles. If the cells are already dead, then good, but if there is a death shield so powerful it completely destroys/unravels cells then we may have a problem.

Also, Serena is a light goddess, yes? And lasers are made of light, yes? Ask Serena if she can outfit us with some laser cannons.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: February 06, 2013, 05:37:27 pm »

I'd prefer to use Serena's favors to work on our renaissance.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: February 06, 2013, 06:01:17 pm »

I'd prefer to use Serena's favors to work on our renaissance.
Agreed.

Is that a reference to Avatar: The Last Airbender?
No, there's some OTHER Roku who can control all four elements, just like there's some other pyrokinetic Azula.

I'm past trying to catch up with all the scheming. You guys should go work for Maher.
WITH. With Maher.
Maher would probably end up working for us pretty quickly...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: February 15, 2013, 11:31:50 am »

is everyone enjoying a break or busy?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: February 15, 2013, 11:38:40 am »

There's no updates.
What are we supposed to talk about?
Sig

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: February 15, 2013, 11:39:27 am »

There's no updates.
What are we supposed to talk about?

anything. everything. so long as it stays on the front page. we dont want people thinking its dead.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: February 15, 2013, 01:24:31 pm »

things can still be discussed or we can still talk after re-reading things. or is that not the way to do things on here?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: February 15, 2013, 02:54:20 pm »

Well, this is the OOC thread...
Which kind of peanut butter is better?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: February 15, 2013, 02:55:16 pm »

Creamy.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: February 15, 2013, 02:59:29 pm »

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: February 15, 2013, 03:32:39 pm »

Chunky.  Especially if you make it yourself.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72