Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 72

Author Topic: You are a new God OOC thread.  (Read 108352 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God OOC thread.
« Reply #1020 on: February 05, 2013, 07:47:12 pm »

I wasn't sure what we had agreed on, and why are the others superfluous?
Why make firejackets rest in positions harder to defend instead of in the main citadel?
Why not have some hives full of creatures which produce healing salve/explosive/food/etc and can also be sent out to burn our enemies?
It's more a question of where to put them. I'm saying we put said hives inside the main area instead of on weapons platforms.
The hives wouldn't be a main weapon; we'd just make it easy to toss a hive or several down if we had to. Because, let's face it, it'll be useful to do so eventually, if only to spread firejackets.
The problem with that is we would be tossing overboard valuable hives of firenectar. What is the advantage over just sending firejackets?
Again, it's not a common tactic, more of an emergency thing. It sounds like the kind of thing that could come in handy and we'd regret not adding a simple thing like that some time later.
Oh, and to answer your question: Ever kicked a yellowjacket nest?
I know it would be a good emergency tactic with normal bees, but we can reproduce the effect by telling our firejackets to go hug the targets. More accurate and no turret slots required.
The hives are filled with what I presume is a highly flammable substance; telling the firejackets to go "hug" enemies isn't quite the same as having them angered; we can't always be relying on our own personal command for last-ditch defense stuff; and who said it would take a turret slot? It would just be something with however we set up the hives that makes it easier to detach and drop them.
My main objection with this is the fact that it would be a set of hives in place of a perimeter turret.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: February 05, 2013, 07:50:06 pm »

Why make firejackets rest in positions harder to defend instead of in the main citadel?
Why not have some hives full of creatures which produce healing salve/explosive/food/etc and can also be sent out to burn our enemies?
It's more a question of where to put them. I'm saying we put said hives inside the main area instead of on weapons platforms.
The hives wouldn't be a main weapon; we'd just make it easy to toss a hive or several down if we had to. Because, let's face it, it'll be useful to do so eventually, if only to spread firejackets.
The problem with that is we would be tossing overboard valuable hives of firenectar. What is the advantage over just sending firejackets?
Again, it's not a common tactic, more of an emergency thing. It sounds like the kind of thing that could come in handy and we'd regret not adding a simple thing like that some time later.
I know it would be a good emergency tactic with normal bees, but we can reproduce the effect by telling our firejackets to go hug the targets. More accurate and no turret slots required.
The hives are filled with what I presume is a highly flammable substance; telling the firejackets to go "hug" enemies isn't quite the same as having them angered; we can't always be relying on our own personal command for last-ditch defense stuff; and who said it would take a turret slot? It would just be something with however we set up the hives that makes it easier to detach and drop them.
My main objection with this is the fact that it would be a set of hives in place of a perimeter turret.
Why would it need to be put in place of a turret?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: February 05, 2013, 07:52:23 pm »

Why would it need to be put in place of a turret?
Yur original suggestion was as a turret slot, if we have a way to throw some in extra, that's still not very useful, but it's at no cost, so why not?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: February 05, 2013, 07:56:48 pm »

That's a good point. Have it on the underside of the castle.

Also, AA guns and creatures. MOAR CREECHURZ. But seriously, we can't rely on our firejackets for everything. They're likely susceptible to any kind of cold or cooling material(water), and can't be everywhere at once, certainly not in sufficient numbers to matter. Plus, they won't be able to deal with fearless or fast enemies; part of their advantage is the disorganization they cause, and while they can burn out stuff, including enemies, they can also be smacked down, being fairly large, and probably relatively slow to react and turn for their size. Fast enemies can simply outrun them, and go around swarms(how fast have you ever seen a bee go, really? Now up that to twenty times it's size, and it won't be faster, that's for certain.)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: February 05, 2013, 08:00:22 pm »

Also, AA guns and creatures. MOAR CREECHURZ. But seriously, we can't rely on our firejackets for everything. They're likely susceptible to any kind of cold or cooling material(water), and can't be everywhere at once, certainly not in sufficient numbers to matter. Plus, they won't be able to deal with fearless or fast enemies; part of their advantage is the disorganization they cause, and while they can burn out stuff, including enemies, they can also be smacked down, being fairly large, and probably relatively slow to react and turn for their size. Fast enemies can simply outrun them, and go around swarms(how fast have you ever seen a bee go, really? Now up that to twenty times it's size, and it won't be faster, that's for certain.)
Most of that is just pure assumptions. How do you know any of that about the firejackets?

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1025 on: February 05, 2013, 08:13:43 pm »

We would have more if we actually worked towards making them multiply. If we really tried, we could have massive hordes, based on how quickly they've multiplied in the past.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: February 05, 2013, 08:49:43 pm »

Most of that is just pure assumptions. How do you know any of that about the firejackets?

Three reasons. One, as far as I've seen, real world physics apply most of the time, in this.

Two, I invented them.

Three, I have serious doubts the GM would allow us to have ANYTHING be perfect or good at everything, and I'm fairly certain he'd make sure all our stuff has some form of weakness.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: February 05, 2013, 08:56:37 pm »

New creatures? How about some Blink Boars? Sure, you can dodge, it will just hit you from the side.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: February 05, 2013, 08:56:56 pm »

Hey Corruptor, what actually is a 'Larcoma tower/cannon'?
*facepalm* I mispelled it in the update - I'll fix that as soon as I get back from class tonight. Lacrima are receptacles for magical energy, like a capacitor of sorts. Since manarack continually outputs a trickle of pure mana, element-aligned lacrima can charge themselves off of it - of course how quickly they charge depends on the amount of manarack.

Chaos Lacrima, eh?

Let's have four ourselves - Two each of Fire and Life. I think that would be wonderfully useful. Blast the Cold things with the Fire cannon to overwhelm them, and the undead with wtf-ever because fire and life are two major weaknesses of the undead.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: February 05, 2013, 08:58:58 pm »

*facepalm* I mispelled it in the update - I'll fix that as soon as I get back from class tonight. Lacrima are receptacles for magical energy, like a capacitor of sorts. Since manarack continually outputs a trickle of pure mana, element-aligned lacrima can charge themselves off of it - of course how quickly they charge depends on the amount of manarack.

Chaos Lacrima, eh?

Let's have four ourselves - Two each of Fire and Life. I think that would be wonderfully useful. Blast the Cold things with the Fire cannon to overwhelm them, and the undead with wtf-ever because fire and life are two major weaknesses of the undead.
Add in 2 air lacrimas from Krait at least.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: February 05, 2013, 09:03:28 pm »

Chaos Lacrima, eh?

Also water. Wasn't he water too? Water and fire could make a really cool steam cannon. Or heating system.

GUYS WE HAVE TO GO STEAMPUNK NOW.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: February 05, 2013, 09:05:29 pm »

Chaos Lacrima, eh?

Also water. Wasn't he water too? Water and fire could make a really cool steam cannon. Or heating system.

GUYS WE HAVE TO GO STEAMPUNK NOW.
No he's poison.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: February 05, 2013, 09:06:20 pm »

No, Serena was water, krait is snakes. Any response to the blink boar idea?
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: February 05, 2013, 09:11:52 pm »

Oh right.

Look out Selena, because I'm about to get Victorian on your water.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: February 05, 2013, 09:13:10 pm »

I thought Selena was air. Guys, if she's water, then we have every element. We must make Roku.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 72