Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 72

Author Topic: You are a new God OOC thread.  (Read 108084 times)

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God OOC thread.
« Reply #795 on: January 31, 2013, 09:33:33 am »

we do many impssible things and people get frustrated in a fantasy setting when things do not line up with the real world?

Is ther a voice of order in here if that is the case?

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: January 31, 2013, 10:56:14 am »

we do many impssible things and people get frustrated in a fantasy setting when things do not line up with the real world?

Is ther a voice of order in here if that is the case?
We are chaos, not entropy.  That means that even we must create a little order every now an again.  Also, this fantasy setting seems to be constrained by all the same physical laws, so I think we can safely argue that.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: January 31, 2013, 03:16:43 pm »

+1, except for referring to arthropods as "lower," you hominid centrist.
I am not a hominid centrist, I worship a giant turtle.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: January 31, 2013, 03:59:30 pm »

Oh, fun idea. Move the heat from the water to freeze it and boil the water around the ice bridge. Then when the enemy trails us, collapse the ice and cook them like lobsters. With a delicious iron shell.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: January 31, 2013, 04:40:30 pm »

Tell Edward to experiment with his saltwater-firenector mixture, maybe there is a way to control the explosion by spraying small amounts of it together, creating a small, incredibly hot, but not explodey flame.
This gave me an idea.
Could the mixture be used as a substitute for gunpowder with a little work?

Lower on the evolutionary chain? In a way, yes.
EVOLUTION! DOES! NOT! WORK! THAT! WAY!

What's wrong with having a bunch of 'slaves' in our people's possession?
The slave part.

Okay, sure, calling them slaves may be a bit much, but they wouldn't be indentured servants nor cattle.
Then why did you call them "slaves"? A slave isn't a mere laborer, it's someone who is sub-human (or whatever race), property rather than person. Making workers? Fine with me. A new race, just to be slaves to the humans? No.

It would be the sphere of temperature if we could freeze things. We can't. We have control of the chemical reactions of fire, can increase the temperature of something, or reduce it up to a point; that point likely being somewhere around a hundre to a few hundred degrees.
Actually, as has been quoted, previous Fire Gods have reduced temperatures, to the point of freezing paths across oceans. We probably could do stuff like that, too, if we tried (and had absurd amounts of mana to burn).

Oh, fun idea. Move the heat from the water to freeze it and boil the water around the ice bridge. Then when the enemy trails us, collapse the ice and cook them like lobsters. With a delicious iron shell.
That actually sounds kinda hilarious. But we'd need a substantial moat to try that.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: January 31, 2013, 04:53:48 pm »

The reason Fire Gods can, with a little creativity, freeze water is because manipulation of heat falls within their sphere. Gods of Frost are likewise flexible, but in different ways.
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: January 31, 2013, 05:00:39 pm »

The reason Fire Gods can, with a little creativity, freeze water is because manipulation of heat falls within their sphere. Gods of Frost are likewise flexible, but in different ways.
wink wink nudge nudge.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: January 31, 2013, 05:44:12 pm »

The GM has spoken. Now stop bickering.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #803 on: January 31, 2013, 06:02:24 pm »

You might be able to break apart large molecules if you're careful.  Splitting one atom with another doesn't really work.  At best we'd fuse them and make an H-bomb.  At worst we just wasted a bunch of energy fusing iron together.  The reason nuclear fission works is because the atoms are 1) very unstable 2)free neutrons do the splitting 3) You've got a critical mass of it lumped together so that the chain reaction can occur 4) Without said chain reaction we won't be doing any atom splitting, at least not without an enormous investment in energy on our behalf for very little gain, especially if we're after certain elements.  Seriously, it would be much cheaper to just buy the shit.

I think efficiency was out the window once I suggested manipulating individual atoms.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: January 31, 2013, 06:07:43 pm »

You might be able to break apart large molecules if you're careful.  Splitting one atom with another doesn't really work.  At best we'd fuse them and make an H-bomb.  At worst we just wasted a bunch of energy fusing iron together.  The reason nuclear fission works is because the atoms are 1) very unstable 2)free neutrons do the splitting 3) You've got a critical mass of it lumped together so that the chain reaction can occur 4) Without said chain reaction we won't be doing any atom splitting, at least not without an enormous investment in energy on our behalf for very little gain, especially if we're after certain elements.  Seriously, it would be much cheaper to just buy the shit.
I have a sneaking suspicion you have just led to the creation of the medieval H bomb.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: January 31, 2013, 06:28:43 pm »

Just curious, what would the benefit be of making a "slave" or "worker" race when we already have stems?  Also we don't just have a bug theme we also have a plant theme.  I actually prefer the plant theme.  A white tree against a black background might even make a good flag/banner if we want one.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: January 31, 2013, 06:33:12 pm »

I have a sneaking suspicion you have just led to the creation of the medieval H bomb.
I suppose that is an acceptable waste of our power.
BRING ON THE HEAT!
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: January 31, 2013, 06:47:10 pm »

BRING ON THE HEAT!
We don't have any fissionable material and don't know if we can manipulate atoms anyway.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: January 31, 2013, 06:53:02 pm »

I don't really like an idea of using real life WMDs in a fantasy game. But if we do want to get some plutonium we should probably ask Urist for rocks that make his dwarves mysteriously sick.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: January 31, 2013, 06:53:02 pm »

BRING ON THE HEAT!
We don't have any fissionable material and don't know if we can manipulate atoms anyway.
we get a bunch of hydrogen together and then pile on enough heat in a small area so we fuse it together, and there will be a larger release of energy than input of energy.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 72