Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 72

Author Topic: You are a new God OOC thread.  (Read 108024 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God OOC thread.
« Reply #780 on: January 31, 2013, 12:02:45 am »

Hey now. The chitinous armor is super-tough stuff. There's also a reason why spiderweb is stronger than steel. Because bugs are also powerful as hell.

Also, FFR, spider venom is usually a neuro-stimulant, forcing the bitten into incapacitating spasms.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: January 31, 2013, 12:03:48 am »

Our Life forces have so far been mostly insectile. I think bugs should be our theme, or "Lower" life forms, anyway. Even though they dominate the planet.

Seriously, reading "Micro" has given me huge respect for my insect friends.
Bugs are abominations and when we make a mammal, we should toss all our previously made insectoid life into a lake of fire.
-1, the lower life thing is cool.
Also, I will kill off all the other voices in my head. Starting with you Remuthra. Starting with you...
Actually, that would just result in a vast swarm of firejackets.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: January 31, 2013, 12:09:54 am »

Hey now. The chitinous armor is super-tough stuff. There's also a reason why spiderweb is stronger than steel. Because bugs are also powerful as hell.

Also, FFR, spider venom is usually a neuro-stimulant, forcing the bitten into incapacitating spasms.
Actually, on the note of spiders, we've got like 52 now.
I'm fairly certain once the stems in the forest finish growing, we can arm them, appoint a general(voting for transplanting a soul into a stem body), and send them off with firejackets and spiders to go conquer some place. I'd like them to take some of Maher's territory, but the Order gods would be more amusing.

Oh, and I feel I should propose a project; something we can use as a sort of 'shield walker' to shunt enemy magic away from our troops, or at least make it cost more to hurt them.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: January 31, 2013, 12:13:52 am »

Lower class is relative. The lower class might be starving but live in pristine homes.
Do we have anything to suggest this to be the case?
No, but...
It's probably easiest to assume the Order gods have a 1984 setup going, anyway.
Which kind of suggests even further that the lower classes don't have "pristine" homes.

I don't know about you guys, but that's no way for a person to live. We have to do something about this.
+1

Anyway, I agree with using mind control bugs on people; as long as they have a trigger. Like, they can grow into someone's brain, but unless we expend mana telling them to go off, they remain docile.
Or really just any scheme to allow us to control them.
Only if we can de-trigger it as well. And ideally have the fungus clean itself/allow itself to be cleaned from the host's system.

For the troglodytes: slave class.
NO.

Lets make them into either bug or plant creatures(lizard beings might be rude to Krait, and I think Leto might not mind if they're bugs), and then get them to propagate. Bam, instant bunch of slave workers.
Leave out "slave," and sounds good.

And as they lack powerful souls, it's obvious they're less free-willed, or less intelligent or less.. something than regular beings. So we can control them, or setup their bodies to be controlled, with ease. Compared to humans.
I'm a bit edgy about this...

I don't advise them as worshippers. Jaras are superior in that respect.
They'd worship us either way. Besides, the more the merrier.

Our Life forces have so far been mostly insectile. I think bugs should be our theme, or "Lower" life forms, anyway. Even though they dominate the planet.

..."Lower?"
"Lower?"
"Lower?"
LOWER?!?

I can't stand when people use stupid terminology like that. It's an Aristotelian ladde rof hierarchy with no basis in fact and much against it for millenia. I am going to stop before I go into a huge off-topic rant!

Bugs are abominations and when we make a mammal, we should toss all our previously made insectoid life into a lake of fire.
+1, except for referring to arthropods as "lower," you hominid centrist.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: January 31, 2013, 12:29:07 am »

..."Lower?"
"Lower?"
"Lower?"
LOWER?!?

I can't stand when people use stupid terminology like that. It's an Aristotelian ladde rof hierarchy with no basis in fact and much against it for millenia. I am going to stop before I go into a huge off-topic rant!

+1, except for referring to arthropods as "lower," you hominid centrist.
[/quote]

There's a reason I put quotes around it. I have totes respect for the insects and almost spent my whole life studying herpetology.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: January 31, 2013, 12:47:06 am »

Lower on the evolutionary chain? In a way, yes. Lower than eye level? Often. Lower in number or ability? No.

Part of the reason they're so badass is how small they are. Make an ant the size of a horse and it'll suffocate, if not be crushed by it's own carapace. As it stands now, it can lift up hundreds of times it's own weight. With it's mouth.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: January 31, 2013, 12:49:33 am »

But you forget we're a god.

We can say FUCK YOU to the square-cube law.

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: January 31, 2013, 02:06:55 am »

What's wrong with having a bunch of 'slaves' in our people's possession? It would give our people time to be thinkers and students, more capable tacticians and engineers and whatnot.
Besides, we don't have to have the modified troglodytes treated terribly. And in fact shouldn't. Even if we turn them into bug people they're probably still more than capable of murder.
But alright, if we've got problems on ethics and how intelligent they are, perhaps we could ask the knowledge goddess how they differ; we looking at fully-developed mental beings, or upright animals?
Okay, sure, calling them slaves may be a bit much, but they wouldn't be indentured servants nor cattle. I just propose a class of workers to handle the menial tasks in our society. Creatures with less free will fit this description perfectly. Perhaps, in order to shrug off any abuse, we assign them the rank of 'public service'?
Remember that the soul is a measure of free will, too. They have less of it than humans. But enough we can expect them to take initiative instead of being mindless.

Hmm, considering this, it may be wise to convert to communism(or something like that(don't pretend we're not a despot already)) if we use a worker class, considering what it would do for our internal economy. Though, granting people animals to produce trade goods for their own wealth would be a wise idea.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: January 31, 2013, 03:34:18 am »

Hmm, considering this, it may be wise to convert to communism
Going to have to veto this one  ;D
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: January 31, 2013, 03:39:42 am »

Afterlife guards(walking teleporting fire trees)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #790 on: January 31, 2013, 07:09:31 am »

Quote from: GWG
This new god must not be too intelligent if he's so quick to insult a god he has little to no knowledge of whatsoever.
I suggest we show off some of our creations, such as our dragons and perhaps Leto. That'll show him...
Nope.

He specifically insulted our Fire Sphere, saying it was only good for one thing. Which could be correct... but if we're set on "beating" him, we should try to prove him wrong. Find something else for fire to do that doesn't involve burnininating things.

...but control of heat is far more than just burning stuff. Its also freezing, controlling winds, and a number of other things.

Also think of the metaphorical. Firey passion, hot-headedness. Fire is also intense emotion.

And dissassembling anything, if you had the patience and knowledge, because you can control atoms with tiny bursts of air, as well as protons and neutrons and electrons. It'd just take a fair bit of energy and time. But you could do anything. ANYTHING
Problem is, air is also made up of those same atoms, so it wouldn't be quite as effective as you'd think.

Why not? If you had precise enough control, you could split them apart. If not that, you could damn well combine them.

Who the fuck is making shit up about how far down the temperature scale our fire sphere goes?

Your second attribute is Fire

Gods of Fire govern heat and flame, and have been known to do everything from kindling a fire for a freezing mortal to warm themselves by, to decimating the armies of rival worshippers with firebolts the size of an elder dragon. Clever Gods of Fire have been known to exploit their dominion over heat to do many things, as Igniel the Wrathful demonstrated on one fateful occasion when he froze a path for his armies to cross the oceans with, by moving the heat out of the water.
[/color]

Nothing is being made up.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: January 31, 2013, 08:13:43 am »

This new god must not be too intelligent if he's so quick to insult a god he has little to no knowledge of whatsoever.
I suggest we show off some of our creations, such as our dragons and perhaps Leto. That'll show him...
Nope.

He specifically insulted our Fire Sphere, saying it was only good for one thing. Which could be correct... but if we're set on "beating" him, we should try to prove him wrong. Find something else for fire to do that doesn't involve burnininating things.

...but control of heat is far more than just burning stuff. Its also freezing, controlling winds, and a number of other things.

Also think of the metaphorical. Firey passion, hot-headedness. Fire is also intense emotion.

And dissassembling anything, if you had the patience and knowledge, because you can control atoms with tiny bursts of air, as well as protons and neutrons and electrons. It'd just take a fair bit of energy and time. But you could do anything. ANYTHING
Problem is, air is also made up of those same atoms, so it wouldn't be quite as effective as you'd think.

Why not? If you had precise enough control, you could split them apart. If not that, you could damn well combine them.

Who the fuck is making shit up about how far down the temperature scale our fire sphere goes?

Gods of Fire govern heat and flame, and have been known to do everything from kindling a fire for a freezing mortal to warm themselves by, to decimating the armies of rival worshippers with firebolts the size of an elder dragon. Clever Gods of Fire have been known to exploit their dominion over heat to do many things, as Igniel the Wrathful demonstrated on one fateful occasion when he froze a path for his armies to cross the oceans with, by moving the heat out of the water.
[/color]

You might be able to break apart large molecules if you're careful.  Splitting one atom with another doesn't really work.  At best we'd fuse them and make an H-bomb.  At worst we just wasted a bunch of energy fusing iron together.  The reason nuclear fission works is because the atoms are 1) very unstable 2)free neutrons do the splitting 3) You've got a critical mass of it lumped together so that the chain reaction can occur 4) Without said chain reaction we won't be doing any atom splitting, at least not without an enormous investment in energy on our behalf for very little gain, especially if we're after certain elements.  Seriously, it would be much cheaper to just buy the shit.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: January 31, 2013, 08:37:31 am »

Nope.

[/color]

You might be able to break apart large molecules if you're careful.  Splitting one atom with another doesn't really work.  At best we'd fuse them and make an H-bomb.  At worst we just wasted a bunch of energy fusing iron together.  The reason nuclear fission works is because the atoms are 1) very unstable 2)free neutrons do the splitting 3) You've got a critical mass of it lumped together so that the chain reaction can occur 4) Without said chain reaction we won't be doing any atom splitting, at least not without an enormous investment in energy on our behalf for very little gain, especially if we're after certain elements.  Seriously, it would be much cheaper to just buy the shit.

at least we can create nuclear power......

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: January 31, 2013, 09:10:01 am »

It would be the sphere of temperature if we could freeze things. We can't. We have control of the chemical reactions of fire, can increase the temperature of something, or reduce it up to a point; that point likely being somewhere around a hundre to a few hundred degrees.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: January 31, 2013, 09:15:36 am »

It would be the sphere of temperature if we could freeze things. We can't. We have control of the chemical reactions of fire, can increase the temperature of something, or reduce it up to a point; that point likely being somewhere around a hundre to a few hundred degrees.
It more we're moving the heat out of something to heat something else leaving it very cold.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 72