Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 72

Author Topic: You are a new God OOC thread.  (Read 107970 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God OOC thread.
« Reply #750 on: January 30, 2013, 05:18:54 pm »

this discussion seems to be the clash of grey/color morality vs. black and white morality.
I suspect that it is more to do with differing interpretations of the suggestion and Donut's personality.

or just a shouting stubbornness match where the one who yells the most is most stubborn will win.
FTFY.

How about a parasitic worm that can use it host senses and take a small amount of nutriment from it host but otherwise unnoticeable. No mind control, give us spies and the other gods will be none the wiser.
Sounds good. Not ideal, but acceptable.
I think it would make sense to use fungi of some sort, since we already have made symbiotic fungus but not worms of any kind.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: January 30, 2013, 05:22:16 pm »

How about we start kidnapping people, altering their minds to obey us, and send them back. Why? Because fuck being nice.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: January 30, 2013, 05:24:30 pm »

How about a parasitic worm that can use it host senses and take a small amount of nutriment from it host but otherwise unnoticeable. No mind control, give us spies and the other gods will be none the wiser.
I think it would make sense to use fungi of some sort, since we already have made symbiotic fungus but not worms of any kind.
Yes well fungi grow on dead things and I for one would like living spies(First person who mention the zombie ants should think of what they are about to type.)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: January 30, 2013, 05:31:44 pm »

How about we start kidnapping people, altering their minds to obey us, and send them back. Why? Because fuck being nice.
What is wrong with this argument?
Oh yeah, it's a blatant combination of the Strawman fallacy and the Slippery Slope fallacy.

Yes well fungi grow on dead things and I for one would like living spies(First person who mention the zombie ants should think of what they are about to type.)
Fungi can also grow on/in live things, and worms in dead ones. Your point?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: January 30, 2013, 05:35:39 pm »

Oh yeah, it's a blatant combination of the Strawman fallacy and the Slippery Slope fallacy.
That was actually a legitimate suggestion, not an argument. I thought you would know my tendecy to try and do things like that when I play god-games.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: January 30, 2013, 05:42:28 pm »

That was actually a legitimate suggestion, not an argument. I thought you would know my tendecy to try and do things like that when I play god-games.
Oh.
In that case, no.
Sig

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: January 30, 2013, 06:02:30 pm »

Whatever we do, it should at least be able to subtly affect the behavior of the host if not have outright control when needed.  In a previous post, I already gave an example of a real life organism that affects the host's brain without killing them or causing any real damage.  Also this is a god game, so we can make it the way we want it.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: January 30, 2013, 06:50:00 pm »

Damn elf god.

In other news, I missed where we got the troglodytes from. When were they introduced?
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: January 30, 2013, 06:51:25 pm »

Damn elf god.

In other news, I missed where we got the troglodytes from. When were they introduced?
The dwarves gave them to us.
And does anyone else hate those damn hippie elemental sphere elves?

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #759 on: January 30, 2013, 07:04:35 pm »

Our fire control extends really to heat, not just fire right? Since what's his face froze and ocean for an army to cross or whatever.

Not that we should mention it too the elf god, but control of heat is far more than just burning stuff. Its also freezing, controlling winds, and a number of other things.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: January 30, 2013, 07:12:40 pm »

Lucien is such an adorable little creator of crimes against nature...

If you look back he said as long as we refrain from directly casting on his followers :3 We aren't directly casting on them if we're channeling our power through an avatar plus the skeletons and zombies we'll fight aren't his followers are they?
Ah.
Wouldn't that make it kosher to directly cast on the god itself?
And of not, what makes making an avatar a way to game the system?

Whatever we do, it should at least be able to subtly affect the behavior of the host if not have outright control when needed.  In a previous post, I already gave an example of a real life organism that affects the host's brain without killing them or causing any real damage.  Also this is a god game, so we can make it the way we want it.
Well, I agree. However, a compromise is forged from everyone giving up something.

Damn elf god.
Now, now, they're not so bad. Just arrogant. This new guy's probably had a lot of successes, makes him feel cocky.
Sig

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: January 30, 2013, 07:21:23 pm »

Lucien is such an adorable little creator of crimes against nature...

If you look back he said as long as we refrain from directly casting on his followers :3 We aren't directly casting on them if we're channeling our power through an avatar plus the skeletons and zombies we'll fight aren't his followers are they?
Ah.
Wouldn't that make it kosher to directly cast on the god itself?
And of not, what makes making an avatar a way to game the system?

Well, I agree. However, a compromise is forged from everyone giving up something.

Damn elf god.
Now, now, they're not so bad. Just arrogant. This new guy's probably had a lot of successes, makes him feel cocky.
Well then, doesn't that make it our job to knock him down a couple?
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: January 30, 2013, 07:27:53 pm »

GWG: I'm all for compromises too, that's why I said subtle influences if we don't want to go for all out mind control.  We'll see what happens though.

Origami Psycho:  Agreed, but we have time on our side for now, so we might as well wait until we are in a better position to knock him down.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: January 30, 2013, 07:31:25 pm »

Here's a compromise; turn those trogolodytes into chameleon doppelgänger things to be our spies.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: January 30, 2013, 08:19:04 pm »

Here's a compromise; turn those trogolodytes into chameleon doppelgänger things to be our spies.
but we already have a spy.  I think.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 72