Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 72

Author Topic: You are a new God OOC thread.  (Read 108134 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God OOC thread.
« Reply #630 on: January 28, 2013, 04:39:03 pm »

I have a new idea for a new biological weapon. We take a fungus spawn, and make it produce spores on it's own. It will produce so many that it will fill to bursting. When it suffers damage this bloated spawn will pop releasing a cloud of spores, some of which will cause other spawn to bloat. Allowing us to deal massive amounts of damage to opposing armies. I  apologize if I've made any grammar errors I'm very tired.   
I like this general concept and empathize with your weariness.

Wait... did anyone notice that we made two Very large gold wyrms? They are quite vast, one could almost say... Great?
Would you look at that.
Now we just need to make a race called the Uk-Ray and have a ranger, and...um...never mind.

I'm of the opinion that we should focus on defense and infrastructure for now. We need to grow our holdings. That idea of using Chaos Magic to spark a Renaissance in our town doesn't seem like a bad idea.
This. Rub it in the face of Order. Show them that Chaos is necessary for evolution.
Wouldn't hurt to put a little Life into it either, I don't think. And a Firey passion. Wahaha.
Imagine the textbooks.
"The Renaissance is generally agreed to have started in 1037, when Donut began causing people to go creatively insane."
I like it.

Can we give boons to jara/slender/whatever it is we call it right now?
Probably, but I don't think we should just yet.

We could get Krait to make a pressurized spore cannon.
Could he beat the satisfying splatter of dropping a fungus spawn on to an enemy force. 
Yes. By using them as ammo.
Maybe make some sort of bomb we can put in Fungus Spawn to make them spread spores everywhere when struck? The best of both worlds.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: January 28, 2013, 06:13:29 pm »

We're a life god. Just make it affect the lungs and have a good two week incubation period. Armies aren't very sanitary, you know.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 28, 2013, 06:23:47 pm »

We're a life god. Just make it affect the lungs and have a good two week incubation period. Armies aren't very sanitary, you know.
+1 to that.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 28, 2013, 06:23:52 pm »

Spread via coughing, during incubation. This will sow the seeds of doubt. Were you just clearing your throat, or are you infected?

Imagine the CHAOS.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: January 28, 2013, 06:40:21 pm »

Spread via coughing, during incubation. This will sow the seeds of doubt. Were you just clearing your throat, or are you infected?
Imagine the CHAOS.
This will require modification of both the fungus and the idea.
I'll write up the idea. Preview: Cross a Boomer with a sleeper agent.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: January 28, 2013, 06:43:45 pm »

I should also note that our spheres (and the Empire of Tranquility's, too) synergize perfectly. Life is constantly changing and evolving, that's basically the entire foundation of evolution and natural selection, Fire is incredibly mercurial and can easily grow into a raging fire, or simply peter out into mere embers. And Chaos, well Chaos is pretty much pure, undiluted change.

This is also true with The Empire's Death, Ice, and Order. All represent the opposite of change - stillness, a constant unchanging state.

All this synergizing stuff isn't super important for the actual game/our decisions, but it is quite cool thematically.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: January 28, 2013, 06:46:19 pm »

Imagine the CHAOS.
This will require modification of both the fungus and the idea.
I'll write up the idea. Preview: Cross a Boomer with a sleeper agent.
Even better than I imagined. However I would like to to emphasize that it should also create regular fungus spawn. I do love the idea of a silent infection though. :)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 06:55:38 pm by lockman766 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: January 28, 2013, 07:34:53 pm »

I should also note that our spheres (and the Empire of Tranquility's, too) synergize perfectly. Life is constantly changing and evolving, that's basically the entire foundation of evolution and natural selection, Fire is incredibly mercurial and can easily grow into a raging fire, or simply peter out into mere embers. And Chaos, well Chaos is pretty much pure, undiluted change.
This is also true with The Empire's Death, Ice, and Order. All represent the opposite of change - stillness, a constant unchanging state.
All this synergizing stuff isn't super important for the actual game/our decisions, but it is quite cool thematically.
While I agree with the bit about our synergy, AFAWK only the one god is associated with cold and death.

-----

Spoiler: Fungus Sleepers (click to show/hide)
Spoilered for length.
Thoughts?
Sig

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: January 28, 2013, 07:36:50 pm »

we should come up with some way to stop this before we deploy it.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: January 28, 2013, 07:38:39 pm »

So it's like a deadly yeast infection???

Btw corrupter hasn't been doing anything on the forums for a few days, he's been lurking

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: January 28, 2013, 07:42:36 pm »

This should take place after make some more defenses and also see what the slenderman? find out more about our enemy.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 07:45:15 pm by jaass »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: January 28, 2013, 07:45:24 pm »

Where is the coughing? Less assimilation, more coughing.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 28, 2013, 07:51:18 pm »

I doubt being 'not technically alive' will actually stop death magic. It's like saying an unfertilized egg is immune to it.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 28, 2013, 07:53:43 pm »

I agree with racnor. If we do develop such a dangerous biological device, we should indubitably implement a kill switch, or some way to stop them. To not do so would be a mortal folly the likes of which that world has never seen.

Also, Rolepgeek, it could be like a virus. Virus' are not technically alive, although they carry DNA and propagate themselves. Although we are not a God of Plague, we are a God of Life. Although I suppose DNA falls under life...
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: January 28, 2013, 07:59:08 pm »

The new fungus may not synergize well with our troops, as it's really just a normal fungus spawn with a different biological makeup. It all seems rather redundant.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 72