Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 72

Author Topic: You are a new God OOC thread.  (Read 108219 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God OOC thread.
« Reply #540 on: January 25, 2013, 07:08:28 pm »

Chaos turtles sound cool.  They should be able to breath out giant blasts of chaos energy so they can destroy ships and land targets without having to be close.

Also about the spore jackets, I don't particularly like that idea because they seem less useful than normal firejackets but maybe we can combine that idea with another one?  How about we build those flying troop transports which also serve as civilian transports in peace and have them be able to pour down spores on enemies below.  I think our castle is getting close to completion anyway so this would be a good thing to try and fit in.

Edit: chaos turtles - leviathan?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 25, 2013, 07:11:00 pm »

Hell no to attacking Maher's capital... that's madness. You guys forget that our strength is limited....

As for improving our troops after the basebuilding.

1) Upgrade that damned werewolves, try to give them  intelligence and other fun upgrades
2) Make our light cavalry
3) Create not alive being, powered by fire and\or manarack.. Those will attack heavydeathfielded enemies ( If you ask me, I'd also look for  willing souls in afterlife and made some plain old fire elementals of them... )

One of things that I am more than willing to compromise is - give many plant boons (all kids, all farmers)  to our population and let them do all the work on basebuiding. We may take away majority (all?)  boons after we improved our village enough. Few days of such booning will cost us 100-200 mana, there are no much we can do ourself in improving our village with that amount of mana... Most of proposed changes  aren't hard for mortals to do

Meanwhile we may do all that sweet troopraising efforts many people want (still better do troops with dual role)
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 25, 2013, 07:15:06 pm »

we can still militarise them if we need to (unless they somehow temper with our creations I guess). My point is we shouldnt pay much attention to the buds. just let them do their thing. and only militarise them if we have to.
I'd prefer to use Stems for warfare. And I suggest that any soulless, humanoid plant creature we make have a name starting in "S," for added alliterative appeal. Sagittates, Scorpoids, Seeds, Sepals, Sheaths, Sinuates, Sprouts, Spurs, Stamens, Stolons, Stoma, Succulents, and in dire circumstances we could name them after types of plants or adjectives.

Hey Corruptor, Maherport is a port city, right?
It is Maher-port, so it's a port for something...*evil grin*
My... how helpful.  I suggest we look at the map again.
There's a map?

Until then, I propose that we make sand worms(but able to function just as well outside of a desert), so we can use life to consume the death.
Dirtworms?

Or just raze the fucker.  That would also work, a large scale attack by animate fire.
NO.

EDIT: And it's not even on the fucking map.  Dammit.  I vote that we put in place plans for the razing of Maherport.
NO.

You know what I just thought of? Chaos Turtles. Big sea turtles, with draconic features to fit with our other reptiles. They're at least 20 feet across when mature and they never stop growing. They feed off of heat like firejackets, but as larger creatures their metabolisms are more efficient, meaning that they can bask in the sun for all the energy they need. Their big schtick is that they can warp their carapaces, to be wooden, leathery, stony, or whatever in texture as well as changing shape. They can even mimic small islands. Oh, and they reproduce asexually like firejackets as well; reproduction requires basking for a long while or a massive heat source, either way causing juviniles to form out of the shell. We send a couple out to warmer oceans or near volcanic vents, and we'll get a nice little navy...a bit silly? Perhaps. Useful? Oh Self I hope so.
a) +1 to turtles of torture.

b) Fine, but we ought to scout out Maherport to see what it's a port for.

c) A dirtworm doesn't sound as scary

d) Yeah, it's in one of the earlier updates, I think it was after we got Tiberius but before we got attacked by Maher.

EDIT: e) You forgot shoots.  And spiracles.

Meanwhile we may do all that sweet troopraising efforts many people want (still better do troops with dual role)
Like, say, using them peacefully as envoys of our will?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 07:23:43 pm by Origami_Psycho »
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 25, 2013, 07:39:33 pm »

Chaos turtles sound cool.
Glad to hear it.

They should be able to breath out giant blasts of chaos energy so they can destroy ships and land targets without having to be close.
Sounds good.

Also about the spore jackets, I don't particularly like that idea because they seem less useful than normal firejackets
I'm still a bit fuzzy on what they are.

but maybe we can combine that idea with another one?  How about we build those flying troop transports which also serve as civilian transports in peace and have them be able to pour down spores on enemies below.  I think our castle is getting close to completion anyway so this would be a good thing to try and fit in.
Sounds good.

Edit: chaos turtles - leviathan?
More like "Turtle+Genus Loci=Awesome"
But yeah, leviathans would be cool too.

Hell no to attacking Maher's capital... that's madness. You guys forget that our strength is limited....
+1

As for improving our troops after the basebuilding.

1) Upgrade that damned werewolves, try to give them  intelligence and other fun upgrades
Have we ever figured out their mental attributes?

2) Make our light cavalry
3) Create not alive being, powered by fire and\or manarack.. Those will attack heavydeathfielded enemies ( If you ask me, I'd also look for  willing souls in afterlife and made some plain old fire elementals of them... )
Sounds good. (I like fire elementals. Maybe we could kill two birds with one stone and make the fire elementals fast enough to be "cavalry"? Sparksprinters? Oh, and we should create a variant of Stems to be on fire and fling fire like Azula at some point, and call them Sparks.)

a) +1 to turtles of torture.
Neat.

b) Fine, but we ought to scout out Maherport to see what it's a port for.
No objections...except ask Krait about Maherport first. He and Maher have a good relationship, after all.

c) A dirtworm doesn't sound as scary
Meh. I never thought sandworm sounded scary either.

d) Yeah, it's in one of the earlier updates, I think it was after we got Tiberius but before we got attacked by Maher.
Oh.

EDIT: e) You forgot shoots.  And spiracles.
Ooh!

Like, say, using them peacefully as envoys of our will?
That could work, if the troops aren't too scary.

EDIT:
The idea behind my plan was to make them think they'd been attacked by Grumugga, not us. Really, we could just trick them into a succession of orc forces. Maybe we could have Laksus insult some chieftains on behalf of the enemy force.
Or we see if we can borrow a platoon of Justicars from Agganemon
Sounds like it couldn't.
Why not?  All we really need is to borrow the design of some of those wachamacallsits from him, and them we don't even need to kill them, just have them pretend to be Justicars, and attack Grumaga.  Boom, instant screening war.
Oh, not actual Justicars.
...Good luck in getting him to give them up.

I am in favor of grumugga-poking to take care of our Maher problem. And also working out a NAP with Maher. Either or.
I vote NAP.

Also more werewolves. I want orcwolves.
Sure, once we have a handle on our current stock.

I think we should take this in the OOC since there is no way we can do this in 30mins.
Fair point.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 07:45:45 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 25, 2013, 07:59:20 pm »

Actually, we just killed seven of them, we should have some of their armour lying around.  Get some of the more combat hardened mages to dress up as them and go kill some orcs.  Or we can just create something with innate magical powers that look like Justicar boons.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 25, 2013, 08:01:46 pm »

Dratf 3:
_______

1) Grant Eldrick a minor chaos boon, plant mutation one, added to his plant creation

2) Grant him all mage kids as apprentices\assistants and give them minor plant boons to speed up the education and boost their natural power.  Also, by using their own power, they can do more things with that minor boon than any other worshiper. And those kids can provide quite an assistance for farmers later (kids are useless otherwise) Also give every farmer a minor boon ( up to ten farmers) We shall consider taking those away after we'll do the landscape improvement

3) Grant  Azula chaos shield boon (shield that turns hostile elements into unharmful ones)

4) Grant her 4 volunters, preferably  females  as apprentices and grant them minor fire boons.

5) Start digging Tunnel to the dwarves,  Ask for Uristiel participation to make this a joint project.... It should begin after our lines of defense

6) Eldrick, Plant magekids  and farmers do a massive landscape designing : Assist in the tunnel construction, expand the rosebush (or raise several new in new places, especially along the roads), grow wood for the construction (or palisade directly), make our village prettier. Make new plots for new crops\just plant more of existing
And start a grassy road to the Ceres
Surely, kids should be watched by adults and don't work on potentialty dangerous things like rosebushs... But kids are creative and may do something interesting. and they have raw power to do simple things using more power than boon grants

7) Eldrick, alchemist and a bit of Donut's help are trying to do new trops
a) One that can be processed  into a very flammable oil,
b) One that have poisoned darts\arrows\javelins\spears as fruits
c) One that can be procesed to natural glue
d) One that will have wheellike fruits from light, woodlike material, that can be either turned into shield or into wheel with minor effort from capenter ( we need shields for our stems)
e) One that can be processed  into luxury food\spices for trade
f) One that extract the tiniest pieces of metals from soil (including manarack) and concentrate them in their roots\fruits
g) luminescent fungi
May combine some of them into one plant
Or whatever else ideas they come to

8) Fire mages should train and improve numbers of our fire jackets in process ( Basically they should use firejackets for  target practice). Or help in civilian jobs, when fire is needed

9) Other villagers should start building a palisade, permanent market, setup the landmines and do other stuff

10) Save at least 300 mana always

11) Do a major troop  raising
a)  Create some  angels for the afterlife
b)  Find and convert some kid moles to kid  firemoles, that should be cheaper then doing new adult moles
c) Gather together that moles, firedrakes younglings and whatever cattle our village has ( may even buy some young animals in Ceres)  And feel the area with Life magic area. Idea is to make them adult instantly
d) Creat giant grasshoppers to act like our cavalry units (and fast transport)
e)  Create immobile iron beings of fire, powered by fire magic and ,maybe a bit of manarack. Our damned turret: Small iron box with fire inside, can shoot rays of fire through any of the holes it have. ( one top and 4 on the sides). May also shoot clouds of ash. ( The box itself isn't hot if it doesn't want to. Light enough to be put on the backs of the firedrakes ( see what I want to do?)
If granted a levitation can use rays of fire as jet propulsion
Needs fuel to act and function , but doesn't die without it, only hibernate.. (Fuel is burned instantly when put inside, and just add to the heat reservoir that can be realized any time firecube desires)
I propose to add a bit of manarack, to make that turrets better
Also, note that those will be a nice turrets for the turrets
Also, it's a nice source of fire, way to store fuel and a wastebin for civilian purposes
Also it's ash is meant to be a good fertlizier
f) Talk to werewolfs and try to make them our worshiper, if they are too stupid for this - raise their intelligence. Also add them resistance to poisons, infra vision (ability to see heat) and ability to reproduce naturally ( It sucks to reproduce only by bite, no own chldren)

While I like turtles, before making our heavy tanks, let's concentrate on medium tanks (firedrakes)

BTW, yes, check all that equipment left from Juticars, some may be quite interesting
At least for saps
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 25, 2013, 08:13:55 pm »

Spec op unit

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 25, 2013, 08:32:50 pm »

I dislike ideas in give me everything style, because it leads to mediocre in all roles. That's an example of - give me all
Such creatures as above are eitheir plain impossible, or extremely expensive or will have huge disadvantages to counter that

And modifying the werewolves is a much simpler and cheaper way to get spec ops

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 25, 2013, 08:55:31 pm »

Actually, we just killed seven of them, we should have some of their armour lying around.  Get some of the more combat hardened mages to dress up as them and go kill some orcs.  Or we can just create something with innate magical powers that look like Justicar boons.
At some point, it's probably not worth it.

Dratf 3:
Critiqeus 3:

1) Grant Eldrick a minor chaos boon, plant mutation one, added to his plant creation
2) Grant him all mage kids as apprentices\assistants and give them minor plant boons to speed up the education and boost their natural power.  Also, by using their own power, they can do more things with that minor boon than any other worshiper. And those kids can provide quite an assistance for farmers later (kids are useless otherwise) Also give every farmer a minor boon ( up to ten farmers) We shall consider taking those away after we'll do the landscape improvement
3) Grant  Azula chaos shield boon (shield that turns hostile elements into unharmful ones)
4) Grant her 4 volunters, preferably  females  as apprentices and grant them minor fire boons.
5) Start digging Tunnel to the dwarves,  Ask for Uristiel participation to make this a joint project.... It should begin after our lines of defense
6) Eldrick, Plant magekids  and farmers do a massive landscape designing : Assist in the tunnel construction, expand the rosebush (or raise several new in new places, especially along the roads), grow wood for the construction (or palisade directly), make our village prettier. Make new plots for new crops\just plant more of existing
And start a grassy road to the Ceres
Surely, kids should be watched by adults and don't work on potentialty dangerous things like rosebushs... But kids are creative and may do something interesting. and they have raw power to do simple things using more power than boon grants
Still no complaints.

7) Eldrick, alchemist and a bit of Donut's help are trying to do new trops
a) One that can be processed  into a very flammable oil,
b) One that have poisoned darts\arrows\javelins\spears as fruits
c) One that can be procesed to natural glue
d) One that will have wheellike fruits from light, woodlike material, that can be either turned into shield or into wheel with minor effort from capenter ( we need shields for our stems)
e) One that can be processed  into luxury food\spices for trade
f) One that extract the tiniest pieces of metals from soil (including manarack) and concentrate them in their roots\fruits
g) luminescent fungi
May combine some of them into one plant
Or whatever else ideas they come to
A seems almost redundant; G should wait for collaboration with Serena.

8) Fire mages should train and improve numbers of our fire jackets in process ( Basically they should use firejackets for  target practice). Or help in civilian jobs, when fire is needed
9) Other villagers should start building a palisade, permanent market, setup the landmines and do other stuff
10) Save at least 300 mana always
No opposition here.

11) Do a major troop  raising
a)  Create some  angels for the afterlife
b)  Find and convert some kid moles to kid  firemoles, that should be cheaper then doing new adult moles
c) Gather together that moles, firedrakes younglings and whatever cattle our village has ( may even buy some young animals in Ceres)  And feel the area with Life magic area. Idea is to make them adult instantly
d) Creat giant grasshoppers to act like our cavalry units (and fast transport)
e)  Create immobile iron beings of fire, powered by fire magic and ,maybe a bit of manarack. Our damned turret: Small iron box with fire inside, can shoot rays of fire through any of the holes it have. ( one top and 4 on the sides). May also shoot clouds of ash. ( The box itself isn't hot if it doesn't want to. Light enough to be put on the backs of the firedrakes ( see what I want to do?)
If granted a levitation can use rays of fire as jet propulsion
Needs fuel to act and function , but doesn't die without it, only hibernate.. (Fuel is burned instantly when put inside, and just add to the heat reservoir that can be realized any time firecube desires)
I propose to add a bit of manarack, to make that turrets better
Also, note that those will be a nice turrets for the turrets
Also, it's a nice source of fire, way to store fuel and a wastebin for civilian purposes
Also it's ash is meant to be a good fertlizier
f) Talk to werewolfs and try to make them our worshiper, if they are too stupid for this - raise their intelligence. Also add them resistance to poisons, infra vision (ability to see heat) and ability to reproduce naturally ( It sucks to reproduce only by bite, no own chldren)
I hope D works, would suggest something less exactly-turrety (to fit with Life better) for E, and suspect that the werewolves are already pretty smart.

While I like turtles, before making our heavy tanks, let's concentrate on medium tanks (firedrakes)
They're more like warships, actually. We don't have a navy yet, let alone a navy which self-replicates and can mimic small islands when grown enough...

BTW, yes, check all that equipment left from Juticars, some may be quite interesting
At least for saps
Agreed.

Spec op unit

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sounds neat. Although I'd suggest that "what life does best" is more like Reproduction or Adaptation than camouflage. Life does camo well, but it does other stuff better.
Out of curiosity, did Slenderman have hand grenades or sniper rifles?
However, like UkRa, I suspect that such a being would sound much cooler than it is and/or be horribly inefficient, especially since we already have SpecOps folks.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 25, 2013, 09:00:20 pm »

I see the werewolves more like our hammer if we are going to use them for spec-ops. We need something which can be used as scalpel that can be used for precise strikes and then disappear like a ghost. Perhaps we can just use slenderman with just some camouflage.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 25, 2013, 09:13:35 pm »

On the topic of life and camouflage, I would like to being to light the friggin unnatural camouflaging abilities of the octopus.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 25, 2013, 09:37:38 pm »

I see the werewolves more like our hammer if we are going to use them for spec-ops. We need something which can be used as scalpel that can be used for precise strikes and then disappear like a ghost. Perhaps we can just use slenderman with just some camouflage.
Any reason we couldn't train the werewolves to be scalpels?

On the topic of life and camouflage, I would like to being to light the friggin unnatural camouflaging abilities of the octopus.
Ah, yes, the octopus. My favorite animal. We must get a seaside city sometime, both for octopi and sea turtles.
Sig

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 25, 2013, 09:49:37 pm »

should there be thought into something similar the Himeji Samurai Castle in our world in the future?

I mean, more as inspiration, I am just saying this out loud so I do not forget. X3

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 25, 2013, 10:17:22 pm »

Any reason we couldn't train the werewolves to be scalpels?

Ah, yes, the octopus. My favorite animal. We must get a seaside city sometime, both for octopi and sea turtles.
+1 to giant camouflaging ink spewing krakopi.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 25, 2013, 10:33:24 pm »

less exactly-turrety (to fit with Life better) for E, 

Just rethought my idea... problem is that iron is a bad material for that... Look's like it's unavoidable to have some life in it

Turtles  with a size of a cat. Reproduce by eggs. Eat flammable materials  have no internal organs as they  powered by magic of fire... Store  fire in their shells, can open holes in the shell and shoot rays of fire, warm air, smoke or ash
Have sticky retractable legs, can attach themselves to almost any surface, have  a hard shell that have great insulating properties. Feel sources of heat, so can aim at enemies even with head hidden. Doesn't fully die unless fire inside the shell is extinguished, If head\legs are injuried\lost\dead they will regrow, come to life if there are enough energy inside ( so even if it's deathfielded it's not exactly died)

Civilian roles:
1) Provide fertilizer (ash,)
2) Heaters (produce warm air).
3) Waste bin

Military roles:
Can be used as
1) Small turrets with a serious punch for it's size that can be attached to anything, can be carried to any battle and positioned in key places with little preparation
2) Jet engines (they shoot warm air)
3) Smoke generators
4) Alive mines ( being small they can hide and attack when needed)

In short: very universal creature to have.
May make large turtles too, but small size provide many benefits, from faster reproduction to stealth to  to utility so should start with those
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 72