Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 72

Author Topic: You are a new God OOC thread.  (Read 108268 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God OOC thread.
« Reply #480 on: January 24, 2013, 11:25:58 pm »

BTW, we really should ask Selena to aid us in making the luminescent fungus. imitating sunlight is her specialty. 
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 24, 2013, 11:36:00 pm »

Anybody else like Maher for some strange reason?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 24, 2013, 11:36:43 pm »

Anybody else like Maher for some strange reason?

I'm following the thread, and for some reason I forget Donut is the protagonist and start rooting for Maher every now and again.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 24, 2013, 11:44:29 pm »

Yeah, I kinda like Maher as well.  He seems like the kinda god who's Irish.  Even if we desperately wants to be a Nazi major from an abridged series.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 24, 2013, 11:46:34 pm »

Yeah, I kinda like Maher as well.  He seems like the kinda god who's Irish.  Even if we desperately wants to be a Nazi major from an abridged series.
Huzzah, somebody got that reference  :D
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 25, 2013, 12:09:44 am »

Well your avatar ain't exactly subtle.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 25, 2013, 12:40:28 am »

Points to the guy who linked a picture of Quark.

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 25, 2013, 12:55:47 am »

So, I noticed gods are more than capable of noticing our shit from far off. We're kinda lacking in the spec-ops department. Laksus is a great assassin/village destroyer, but we need watchers.
I noticed someone suggested slendermen earlier on, and I literally cannot pass this opportunity up.
For the love of Donut lets get some help from the knowledge goddess and anyone we can to help us make slendermen. Chaos to help them teleport, and knowledge to help them watch.
They may work even better as counter-intelligence, actually. Finding and killing the spies of opposing gods. Because even Krait has his watcher guys.
Also, I have a new suggestion: Lets trawl our afterlife for anyone who is decent at commanding troops or doing spy missions. We should transplant the souls of any decent commanders into some saps or something(but for the love of god neuter the critter, don't ask why just do), and the spy people can inhabit slendermen bodies.

Also, I've noted we've not put any pressure on Maher recently. We should harass him a little, raid his villages, maybe capture and convert some people. Really anything to help us know what he is up to and keep him from building up too many guys to end us.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 25, 2013, 01:20:46 am »

^I have been constantly talking about this for the past turns but no we have Laksus do everything even though he is one person.

Slenderman plus bug/plant hybrid

Attributes

-Hive mind intelligence(radio) but capable with individual intelligence
-capable of teleporting plus ability to camouflage.
-limited regeneration with some carapace as defense.
-have long range weapon that has a range of 1-2km but also has the ability to turn to a close range high rate of fire, smg.
-grow ammo and explosives(in pods at the side of their legs) that have yield to destroy most defensive or offensive structures.
-a lower pair of arms to handle this ammo and explosives
-maybe be able to see in different wavelengths?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 01:23:51 am by jaass »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 25, 2013, 01:33:59 am »

We have Laksus and a team of werewolwes that we can upgrade

No making new troops when old may be used just fine
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 25, 2013, 01:44:11 am »

^I have been constantly talking about this for the past turns but no we have Laksus do everything even though he is one person.

Attributes

-Hive mind intelligence(radio) but capable with individual intelligence
-capable of teleporting plus ability to camouflage.
-limited regeneration with some carapace as defense.
-have long range weapon that has a range of 1-2km but also has the ability to turn to a close range high rate of fire, smg.
-grow ammo and explosives(in pods at the side of their legs) that have yield to destroy most defensive or offensive structures.
-a lower pair of arms to handle this ammo and explosives
-maybe be able to see in different wavelengths?
Maybe more like the thin men from X-com? Relatively fragile compared to our frontline troops, but stealthy and capable of spitting spores/ release a cloud of them upon death. They should definitely have slenderman-faces though; way creepier. Maybe they get by through super highpitched echolocation?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 25, 2013, 02:28:05 am »

Instead of skin stretched across what appears to be a face and a suit, he's covered in chitin, black everywhere except the face which looks bleached. And two wire-thin black antennae.

Grasshopper-like ears on the legs.

Black tentacles of Chaos. And silent steps. and flying. Because beetle-like. Also bipedal because 8 feet tall.

And somehow cloaking. Camoflauge when it can. Because, well, insects have some of the best camoflagues in the world. And camoflague is what life does best.

Plus whatever you said that I deleted.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 25, 2013, 06:24:54 am »

Updated offer for the after the tournament\before raising the fortress

1) Grant Eldrick a minor chaos boon, plant mutation one, added to his plant creation

2) Grant him all mage kids as apprentices\assistants and give them minor plant boons to speed up the education and boost their natural power.  Also, by using their own power, they can do more things with that minor boon than any other worshiper. And those kids can provide quite an assistance for farmers later (kids are useless otherwise)

3) Grant  Azula chaos shield boon (shield that turns hostile elements into unharmful ones)

4) Grant her 4 volunters, preferably  females  as apprentices and grant them minor fire boons.

5) Make three female moles, slightly smaller than our male ( I hope it's male. anyway we should have male + 3 females)

6) Start digging (in order of importance)
a) Moat. It should be quite deep and covered by the rosebush, safe to walk for friends ( flat terrain, no bridges needed) but the floor will attack any enemy who walks on them ( or spread and let them fall to the spiders, or other neat traps inside.
b) Tunnel to the dwarves,  Ask for Uristiel participation to make this a joint project.... It should begin after our lines of defense
c) farms should wait until we can get luminescent fungus with the help of Serena ( As a payment for our deal) 

7) Donut, Eldrick, Plant magekids  and farmers do a massive landscape designing : Assist construction of the chambers\moat\tunnel (mostly spread the fungus, reinforce tunnels), expand the rosebush (or raise several new in new places, especially along the roads), grow wood for the construction (or palisade directly), make our village prettier. Make new plots for new crops
And start a grassy road to the Ceres
Surely, kids should be watched by adults and don't work on dangerous things like rosebushs... But kids are creative and may do something interesting. and they have raw power to do simple things using more power than boon grants

8) We and Eldrick should make some new crops (alchemist can help, too)

a) One that can be processed  into a very flammable oil,
b) One that have poisoned darts\arrows\javelins\spears as fruits
c) One that can be procesed to natural glue
d) One that will have wheellike fruits from light, woodlike material, that can be either turned into shield or into wheel with minor effort from capenter ( we need shields for our stems)
e) One that can be processed  into luxury food\spices for trade
f) One that extract the tiniest pieces of metals from soil (including manarack) and concentrate them in their roots\fruits
May combine some of them into one plant

9) Sometime between Donut should visit the afterlife and just make angels, simple humanoids like one he saw, with Fire\Chaos\Life as our sources of the power

10 ) Fire mages should train and improve numbers of our fire jackets in process ( Basically they should use firejackets for  target practice). Or help in civilian jobs, when fire is needed

11) Other villagers should start building a palisade, permanent market, setup the landmines and do other stuff

12) Save at least 300 mana always

13) New troop raising should wait until we start making a garrison for the fortress together with Krait

Core idea of giving boons for the landscaping is - Donut doing major things, and booned to a polishings, while he doesn't spend his time and go to the next major thing... To avoid killing a fly with a nuke scenarion
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 07:49:48 am by Ukrainian Ranger »

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 25, 2013, 06:27:23 am »

and why waste mana on giving boons to people who can already use magic and, once trained, will probably be much more powerful on their own without our help?
Wow! Another piece of brilliant logic :  Mage without a boon is stronger than a mage with a boon. Brilliant.

DId i say that? no. i asked why use mana giving boons to people who can already learn magic? To me is a waste of Mana.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 25, 2013, 06:34:34 am »

To you everything boonrelated is a waste of mana

In short - boon gives an ability to cast without prior experience, and than gain experience in plant\fire magic while using the boon. Then mage can use his own power and skills to use the boon much better than nonmage would... That means gaining more from the same investment of mana

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 72