Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 72

Author Topic: You are a new God OOC thread.  (Read 108256 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God OOC thread.
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2013, 07:42:31 pm »

Well I'm in favor of seduction. Having a romantic sideplot would open up tons more story lines, not to mention the prospect of demigods.  ;) ;) ;)

Actually, on that note I was thinking. What would manarack do to a voidspawn. Corruptor almost stated they're oppsites... We should have a weapon made, and then make ourselves a little pocket dimension where we can relatively safely try out new weapons and techniques against the buggers.

And yeah, if we can counter a big thing with small things we should. If it's small enough it may not even notice until it's too late, like a baby Black Widow. Maybe a small bug, about the size of a finger, that inects raw Life energy? That might cancel out the death majjyks Maher is using.

I'm in favor of talking to him though. Discuss the possibilty of a cease-fire, which would be to both of our benifit. We aren't really opposed to him, we just simply needed a home base. We're fine with Minas Iroh being the only bastion of our power, we don't really need Maherport (for now...).

As for Juno here we should tell her our spheres and ask her opinion on other gods and goddesses around here. If we can ally her, good, but it'll be difficult if she has issues with, say, Krait being an ass. We'll need to know, and they ought to sound like reasonable questions to her. She seems the quiet type.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2013, 07:45:05 pm »

gman8181, problem with Maher is not his death domain, but how he uses it

Life and death can be friendly, because they are part of one cycle... But Maher tries to imitate life with death and that's simply wrong

I offered to become Maher ally some time back, but now it's redundant, and will sour our relationships with the elven goddess

I like making new things but let's not make them so specific.  Instead of a plant that grows into spears for example, make a plant that can be shaped into anything we want; weapons, planks for building, etc.
That imply constant usage of plant boons or our own magic, while darts\arrows\javvelins is a natural progression with simple shape. And poison part is important. Could be also infused with life to be poisonous for undead
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2013, 07:46:32 pm »

They would be full gods, demigods are half-mortal. As for voidspawn, I would say sort of like matter and antimatter.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2013, 07:48:12 pm »

Well I'm in favor of seduction. Having a romantic sideplot would open up tons more story lines, not to mention the prospect of demigods.  ;) ;) ;)
Um, Karne? Two problems.
1. We just met her.
2. If a mommy goddess and a daddy god love each other very much, the baby won't be a demigod. That's when one of the parents is a mortal.

Actually, on that note I was thinking. What would manarack do to a voidspawn. Corruptor almost stated they're oppsites... We should have a weapon made, and then make ourselves a little pocket dimension where we can relatively safely try out new weapons and techniques against the buggers.
Maybe when we have manarack to burn--or, more likely, explode in a matter/antimatter reaction.

And yeah, if we can counter a big thing with small things we should. If it's small enough it may not even notice until it's too late, like a baby Black Widow. Maybe a small bug, about the size of a finger, that inects raw Life energy? That might cancel out the death majjyks Maher is using.
'Twould be nice...but the small things seem to die more easily to Death Auras.

I'm in favor of talking to him though. Discuss the possibilty of a cease-fire, which would be to both of our benifit. We aren't really opposed to him, we just simply needed a home base. We're fine with Minas Iroh being the only bastion of our power, we don't really need Maherport (for now...).
I'd rather go for an alliance. Bring Krait with.

gman8181, problem with Maher is not his death domain, but how he uses it
Life and death can be friendly, because they are part of one cycle... But Maher tries to imitate life with death and that's simply wrong
Think of them as the USSR to our US.

I offered to become Maher ally some time back, but now it's redundant, and will sour our relationships with the elven goddess
Hm. Hadn't thought of that...well, we don't know how she feels about Maher yet...

I like making new things but let's not make them so specific.  Instead of a plant that grows into spears for example, make a plant that can be shaped into anything we want; weapons, planks for building, etc.
That imply constant usage of plant boons or our own magic, while darts\arrows\javvelins is a natural progression with simple shape. And poison part is important. Could be also infused with life to be poisonous for undead
Agreed.
Wait, life poisonous to undead? APPROVE.

They would be full gods, demigods are half-mortal. As for voidspawn, I would say sort of like matter and antimatter.
Dammit, ye second ninja!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2013, 07:49:19 pm »

No need to crush the enemy if you can enslave recruit the enemy.

It seems like a lot of the order gods are, yes but that doesn't mean we won't be able to recruit any to our cause.

Elven concept?  We've already been using plants for a lot of things so I guess you could say we've been getting a bit elven... but would elves suggest building giant floating fortresses that has plasma cannons and chaos beams?  Would elves tame dragons to crush their enemies and burn their cities to the ground?  Would elves want to summon balrogs or their fiery angelic equivalent to set fire to all who oppose them?  If the answer to those questions is yes, than I don't think I mind elves so much anymore.

To UR: If we can ally with both great, if not ally with whomever we find to be more powerful.  I don't particularly have any problems with how he uses his domain.  We create life which is useful to us.  When that life dies he can reanimate it and make it useful once again.  To me those compliment each other quite well and benefit us both.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2013, 07:50:48 pm »

The difference is we use corrupted, unnatural things. And the elven goddess probably hates us anyway. Remember, we have fungus zombies and trees covered in eyes.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2013, 07:51:14 pm »

No need to crush the enemy if you can enslave recruit the enemy.
Agreed.

It seems like a lot of the order gods are, yes but that doesn't mean we won't be able to recruit any to our cause.
But don't count on it.

To UR: If we can ally with both great, if not ally with whomever we find to be more powerful.  I don't particularly have any problems with how he uses his domain.  We create life which is useful to us.  When that life dies he can reanimate it and make it useful once again.  To me those compliment each other quite well and benefit us both.
I'd rather ally with Serena, but that's personal preference meets first impressions meets not wanting to hear people whine about the lost opportunities for divine babies.

The difference is we use corrupted, unnatural things. And the elven goddess probably hates us anyway. Remember, we have fungus zombies and trees covered in eyes.
You can't assume.
And we don't "corrupt," we improve.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2013, 07:52:45 pm »

They're called the corrupted forest in the spoiler.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2013, 07:52:53 pm »

Maybe not ally with Maher, if too many are against it.

However, we definitely don't need to go to war with him. We would be crushed quickly. If I recall correctly, he has 11 or 12 cities, probably brimming with worshippers and undead. We'd be slaughtered.

Same with the order gods.

We need allies, regardless of attributes, as long as they aren't prone to betrayal. I agree with the people who have said Death isn't necessarily a bad thing.

And elves. We need to meet the elven god(s), because they would likely like us, since we are using many plants. They might dislike us for the same reason, because we changed so many plants, but we need to find out.

Also, no void experiments. Too dangerous, even for us. It might be our powers have no meaning, and we could condemn ourselves to death that way.

Flirting with Serena is fine, I suppose, but it would be better if we could get her to trust us before we try anything.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 07:54:54 pm by kytuzian »

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2013, 07:53:14 pm »

Just because he has one domain that's opposite doesn't mean we shouldn't try and ally. ...

that he has one domain opposite from us is not what bothers me, its that he shares one with the order empire. (atleast thats all we know about them just yet)

the reason why I wouldn't want to ally him is because of how he treats his followers, He is not a benevolent god in the least.

a ceasefire and trying to get him to set his sights on the empire is one thing, an alliance is something else. and something I couldnt stand behind ;)

Edit:
about the entire romantic interest thing:

what if we were... genderless, Or better said appear as both genders, whatever is most appropriate/pleasing to whomever we're dealing with.
I vaguely recall a DnD god doing this and I really liked the concept.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 07:57:34 pm by Talvara »

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2013, 07:56:53 pm »

Just because he has one domain that's opposite doesn't mean we shouldn't try and ally. ...

that he has one domain opposite from us is not what bothers me, its that he shares one with the order empire. (atleast thats all we know about them just yet)

the reason why I wouldn't want to ally him is because of how he treats his followers, He is not a benevolent god in the least.

a ceasefire and trying to get him to set his sights on the empire is one thing, an alliance is something else. and something I couldnt stand behind ;)

At the very least, we can all agree that we don't need another enemy. We should approach him with an offer for a formal ceasefire, then potentially talk other business.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 20, 2013, 07:56:53 pm »

gman8181, you tend to go - take all solutions simultaneously

Ally with everyone, make universal creations and so on. That's a bad strategy, IMO. You can't have all without serious drawbacks

a ceasefire and trying to get him to set his sights on the empire is one thing, an alliance is something else. and something I couldnt stand behind
+1
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2013, 07:59:09 pm »

Ally with everyone, make universal creations and so on. That's a bad strategy, IMO. You can't have all without serious drawbacks

Well we're obviously not allied with everyone. We'll have a larger group of gods bearing down on us once they finish destroying an ELDER chaos god. Which from what has been written, seems to be a sure thing.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2013, 07:59:10 pm »

Serena probably does. Krait definitely does. We probably do. Uristiel probably does.

That could be a problem.

Think the US and China, back in the 60's. China was a dirty Commie nation and all that rhetoric. Fast-forward to today. It's no USA, but it's a lot better. Now replace the Americans with us and China with Maher.

They're called the corrupted forest in the spoiler.
Technicalities.
Sig

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2013, 08:03:41 pm »

gman8181, you tend to go - take all solutions simultaneously

a ceasefire and trying to get him to set his sights on the empire is one thing, an alliance is something else. and something I couldnt stand behind
+1

Why is it bad and what exactly are the drawbacks?  The more opportunities we pursue the more likely one of them will work out, so long as we don't overextend ourselves which so far I don't believe we have done, and making our creations more flexible doesn't seem to be a bad thing as far as I can see.

So would it be a fair compromise to at least see about starting to trade with Maher?  That doesn't involve too much commitment, we wouldn't exactly be allies but it would make him less likely to attack us and give us potential revenue and worshipers which is good all around.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 72