Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 72

Author Topic: You are a new God OOC thread.  (Read 108330 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God OOC thread.
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2013, 06:09:05 pm »

Sort of a shifting fire atronach based model of vine body with a halo of flames.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2013, 06:09:09 pm »

Make it so that every time our fungus spawn infect someone, we gain all of their knowledge and memories.

Consume the whole world and become omnipotent MWAHAHA.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2013, 06:09:22 pm »

Did we already agree on visiting the Elves? And Maher?

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013, 06:10:23 pm »

I...think so?
Maybe that should be run by everyone again.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2013, 06:10:49 pm »

I would support it.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2013, 06:10:58 pm »

List of my ideas mid-long-term ideas to not forget (will update)

1) Use mana to make adult firedrakes out of the eggs
2) Infuse a soul into a cloud of firejackets, to grant it hive mind consincious
2b) Infuse many souls in small clouds of firejackets, to make different hives that will slightly differ in properitis depending on souls used
3) Grow Manarackdraining roots
4) expand the afterlife by adding mushrooms to live in, similar to the ones that real world citizens live in
5) Create a magma pool in that afterworld, serving to increase firejackets population here (They can act as defenders)
6) Create fire elementals do defend the afterlife. Maybe convert some souls to fire elementals
7) Plants some plant soldiers in afterlife, serving the same purpose
8) Make remote controlled land mines, using fire nectar explosive in camouflaged pits
9) Upgrade the temple to make it look glorious, preferably nature based
10) Give the Justicar to Maher as a gift and try to use his ego, to make him hate more powerful death god
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 06:28:13 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2013, 06:11:51 pm »

I think most of us agreed about Maher.

Less sure about the elves.
Sure thing peanut man!

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2013, 06:11:59 pm »

How about a symbiotic creature that is capable of flying and turning invisible. It also secretes a substance that implants itself into the victims brain. It is capable of seeing and hearing everything the host is even capable of influencing the victims behavior and as a last resort it can kill the victim and itself.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2013, 06:14:47 pm »

How about a symbiotic creature that is capable of flying and turning invisible. It also secretes a substance that implants itself into the victims brain. It is capable of seeing and hearing everything the host is even capable of influencing the victims behavior and as a last resort it can kill the victim and itself.
+1, though it's not a victim, it is a willing agent of the entirely benevolent forces of Chaos
And maybe we should look into camouflaging organisms against magical viewing methods, as well as stabilizing those bloody fire nectar bombs before we make 'em.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2013, 06:15:30 pm »

You knoq my default- no new creatures? :)

I dislike mentioning brain because it's quite anti-fantasy in theme.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2013, 06:16:16 pm »

For Ukranian, yes to most of that eventually, but I think it would be easier to rely mostly on angels in the afterlife (in any case it seems it keeping with the workings of the world), and our souls should have something different for housing (maybe housed in the plant floor?)

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2013, 06:16:55 pm »

Why is it anti-fantasy?
Besides, we will find a way to make it steampunk.  You know we will.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2013, 06:17:10 pm »

Elves, yes.

Maher, no.

He still hates us. We will not get his help. He views us as a worthy foe or somesuch. It's like trying to go and ask "Hey wanna be my ally? Something WAY bigger than me or you is gonna try and kill me soon, so I need all the help I can get. I know we fought each other before, but we haven't for a few days. Wanna be friends?"

It'll just make him happy. Because now we have someone else to focus our efforts on and he can attack when we aren't prepared.

Disagree with using souls without asking permission.

Disagree with roots that can somehow penetrate stone...plus roots grow pretty slowly.

Agree with mana pool in afterlife, but not to increase firejackets; use it as a bank. It can generate interest or something.

Disagree with aesthetic changes to temple.

Disagree with trying to do anything with Maher other than watch him carefully.

Fire elementals...bah. Let's make something that's actually spectacular, what with it being our afterlife and all. Like a bunch of Chaos Dreadnoughts. Manned by the souls of those in the afterlife who want to. Or just the intelligence we should be able to give to anything we make, regardless of it having a soul.

To me, a soul gives personality, not intelligence.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2013, 06:17:34 pm »

Hmm fire elementals? Fire angels?  Balrogs?  Lots of possibilities but let's not just give them fire powers; they should also have life and chaos power as well while just appearing fiery.

Edit: Also after we build up a large army in our afterlife maybe we could start gating them into the real world or other afterlives to gain territory and souls.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 06:19:43 pm by gman8181 »
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2013, 06:19:14 pm »

So...Mana.

I suggest that we let the mole mine for a while before condemning it, and also give some nice boons (healing and such) to trustworthy people who we send to evangelize. Good start?
Yeah, I said something quite similar before and I still think it's a good idea.
Agreed.
However, there are other matters to discuss, such as our plans for scouting, and dealing with, the Empire of Tranquility.
In my opinion, we need to scout them first to find out troop positioning. Then we can come up with another plan.
Rather than wasting mana on some scouts, just ask Krait to scout with his little guys. Maybe give them invisibility or something first if you're so inclined.

We could simply send out missionaries. Preferably heavily guarded, what with the ToE.
We could send teams of three: One with a Life boon (healing), one with a Fire boon (guess), and one with a Chaos boon (no two Chaos boons should be quite alike). Maybe throw in some Stems or a minor Chaos Golem along with them.

Make it so that every time our fungus spawn infect someone, we gain all of their knowledge and memories.
This could work...

Consume the whole world and become omnipotent MWAHAHA.
No.

Did we already agree on visiting the Elves? And Maher?
I think so.

List of my ideas mid-long-term ideas to not forget (will update)

1) Use mana to make adult firedrakes out of the eggs
2) Infuse a soul into a cloud of firejackets, to grant it hive mind consincious
2b) Infuse many souls in small clouds of firejackets, to make different hives that will slightly differ in properitis depending on souls used
3) Grow Manarackdraining roots
4) expand the afterlife by adding mushrooms to live in, similar to the ones that real world citizens live in
5) Create mana pool in that afterworld, serving to increase firejackets population here (They can act as defenders)
6) Create fire elementals do defend the afterlife. Maybe convert some souls to fire elementals
7) Plants some plant soldiers in afterlife, serving the same purpose
8) Make remote controlled land mines, using fire nectar explosive in camouflaged pits
9) Upgrade the temple to make it look glorious, preferably nature based
10) Give the Justicar to Maher as a gift and try to use his ego, to make him hate more powerful death god
1,4,5. Works. No objections here.
2. Why?
3. No. Don't try to replace the mole before we've seen what it can do, and roots are worse than getting actual manarack anyways.
6. Might want to mix in Life and Chaos too, whether as part of the "elementals" or as separate things.
7. Can we spare the soldiers? If so, yes.
8. I dunno...it's a neat idea, but seems kinda...unstable.
9. Would this count as an upgrade to improve mana? If so, also incorporate some everburning torches and something chaotic into the upgrade; if not, keep it simple.
10. Um...sure, if we can't think of another use for him.

For once, I agree with you. Wait, I've agreed with you before, even in this post.
...Once again, I agree with you.

You must hate ilithids.

Elves, yes.
Maher, no.
He still hates us. We will not get his help. He views us as a worthy foe or somesuch. It's like trying to go and ask "Hey wanna be my ally? Something WAY bigger than me or you is gonna try and kill me soon, so I need all the help I can get. I know we fought each other before, but we haven't for a few days. Wanna be friends?"
It'll just make him happy. Because now we have someone else to focus our efforts on and he can attack when we aren't prepared.
We do have Krait as an ally. Maybe use him as a go-between.

Disagree with using souls without asking permission.
Disagree with roots that can somehow penetrate stone...plus roots grow pretty slowly.
Agree agree.

Agree with mana pool in afterlife, but not to increase firejackets; use it as a bank. It can generate interest or something.
ooOOooh...

Disagree with aesthetic changes to temple.
Would you be fine with an upgrade?

Fire elementals...bah. Let's make something that's actually spectacular, what with it being our afterlife and all. Like a bunch of Chaos Dreadnoughts. Manned by the souls of those in the afterlife who want to. Or just the intelligence we should be able to give to anything we make, regardless of it having a soul.

To me, a soul gives personality, not intelligence.
Something like that.

Also: ARGH NINJAS.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 72