Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 72

Author Topic: You are a new God OOC thread.  (Read 108083 times)

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God OOC thread.
« Reply #840 on: February 01, 2013, 09:41:10 am »

hm. should we take some time when its good to use small ammounts mana to train our skills by being creative?

And also in the afterliefe, should there be other islands or seas? maybey have ones more lifey or chaosy? This is for when it grows bigger and a very long term idea that can be worked on casually.

and also, should we have an exscape plan for our souls and Future guardians as a contingency.

Also, we can get info form the souls or our priest about the god before and what happened in more detail. maybe we are the reincarnation.

Or maybe, the child of some dead gods or maybe the merging of a lot of dead gods. that would explain the chaos a .ittle bit.
And the schizophrenia.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: February 01, 2013, 09:52:01 am »

are there other things besides only goldy devines? like are there Orishas or Kami?

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: February 01, 2013, 10:40:23 am »

We do need to check up on our afterlife though. It's probably cracking a bit. We need something to auto-fix the holes...

Maybe some mindless type of insect that can just ignore the voidspawn. They clump together over the tears and sew them back up. Of course, they die in droves, but insects breed fast. Maybe they would be like bees, with a Queen that's protected (at the tree?) and just lays eggs all day every day. Three day gestation and then they go out into the afterlife to gather energy (from plantlife maybe? like nectar, or maybe they do the leafcutter thing and farm mushrooms with bits of leaves...) and bring it back to the queen.

Maybe they draw energy from the void itself, if that's even a thing that can happen. The voidspawn have to have something to move them after all.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: February 01, 2013, 11:07:14 am »

We do need to check up on our afterlife though. It's probably cracking a bit. We need something to auto-fix the holes...

Maybe some mindless type of insect that can just ignore the voidspawn. They clump together over the tears and sew them back up. Of course, they die in droves, but insects breed fast. Maybe they would be like bees, with a Queen that's protected (at the tree?) and just lays eggs all day every day. Three day gestation and then they go out into the afterlife to gather energy (from plantlife maybe? like nectar, or maybe they do the leafcutter thing and farm mushrooms with bits of leaves...) and bring it back to the queen.

Maybe they draw energy from the void itself, if that's even a thing that can happen. The voidspawn have to have something to move them after all.

maybe make some of them aqatic or some world, spanning roots from trees or mushrooms that help repair?

I say and aquatic version as well becuase, who knows if there is a hole at the bottom of the lava sea?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: February 01, 2013, 12:56:32 pm »

No no, no ant-things. At least, not for the afterlife.

Fucking BUTTERFLIES.

The feed off the nectar of the chaos berries as adults and flit around and look pretty, while the caterpillar spawn eat leaves and shit. They weave their coccoons out of pure existence, and weave them over the cracks in the afterlife to seal the void out.

Our afterlife stays pretty, and the holes are sealed up tight!

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: February 01, 2013, 01:14:10 pm »

Or we just make angles.  And I did not misspell that.  I mean we have ourselves some acute angles going around fixing up our afterlife.  And also, they'd be nice.  And maybe to fight other things attacking our afterlife we could use some french curves?
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: February 01, 2013, 01:21:55 pm »

I think the french curves would be better fixer-uppers.

Acute angles reminds me of Flatland Isosceles triangles which reminds me of Flatland military.

But I like my butterflies more.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: February 01, 2013, 02:56:48 pm »

2. No, they don't. They just can't be used as long and set stuff on fire.
I can mathematically prove that anything on fire is more useful than that thing not on fire.
Let's say the usefulness of our object is represented by x.
x>=0, because nothing can be negatively useful.
Let's represent the usefulness of fire by y.
Fire can be used for some things, so y>0.
Therefore, x + y must be greater than x.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: February 01, 2013, 03:12:09 pm »

that suppose that there is only one kind of usefulness and that it can only add up. But usefulness is situational. Sometimes something is more useful while not on fire (namely clothes, houses, people and such)
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: February 01, 2013, 03:14:04 pm »

that suppose that there is only one kind of usefulness and that it can only add up. But usefulness is situational. Sometimes something is more useful while not on fire (namely clothes, houses, people and such)
Nope, do not question the math.
People on fire can set thing on fire, illuminate areas, and research indicates they are stronger, faster, and smarter than normal when on fire.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: February 01, 2013, 03:51:47 pm »

But that means it's also useful. And you always have a much higher chance of losing something useful right when you need it.

You never lose a shaving kit in the middle of a firefight, for example.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: February 01, 2013, 03:54:04 pm »

But that means it's also useful. And you always have a much higher chance of losing something useful right when you need it.

You never lose a shaving kit in the middle of a firefight, for example.
True enough. This suggests we should try to make everything as useless as possible.
All guns now require a rl quicktime event to shoot.
Press X!
Press RT!
Press Start!
Bang!

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: February 01, 2013, 04:01:27 pm »

Just going to cut in here and say no butterflies.  Please.

We should build angels to watch over our afterlife and repair it though.  Maybe winged humanoid looking angels wearing armor that looks like it's steel plate but light enough for them to easily fly?  Oh and they'd be on fire of course.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: February 01, 2013, 04:03:29 pm »

one word: Ophanim.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: February 01, 2013, 04:04:44 pm »

Just going to cut in here and say no butterflies.  Please.

We should build angels to watch over our afterlife and repair it though.  Maybe winged humanoid looking angels wearing armor that looks like it's steel plate but light enough for them to easily fly?  Oh and they'd be on fire of course.
Since we're back to angels, I'll put forth again the previous fire atronach model.
Shifting corona of fire, body made of shifting vines, fire atronach look.
Fire, Life, and Chaos, with a more ethereal look suitable for an afterlife.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 72