Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 72

Author Topic: You are a new God OOC thread.  (Read 108216 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God OOC thread.
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2013, 07:20:35 pm »

300+ mana per turn?

BEGIN THE RECRUITING, JOHNSON

AHAHAHAHA!

I want to wipe out Maher before he presents a threat. He is smart enough to take advantage of the Chaos that will erupt once Order attacks. We should prevent him from doing so. Keep our word, of course...just eliminate any and all skeletons/zombies. I'll make a giant list of the army I'd like to have eventually, at some point.

Someone was saying the log on page 7 is really long, but the creatures are only like a fifth or sixth of that. It's mostly just places and things. Plus;
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2013, 07:21:23 pm »

We defiantly need at least a cease-fire or armistice, although an ally as powerful as Maher would be useful, remember, he's making a mountain sized bone golem, so he's gotta be packing some pretty serious firepower.  The last thing we can afford to make is Hitlers blunder, which would almost certainly be our downfall, no matter how many bitching bastions in the sky we have.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2013, 07:26:10 pm »

We should at least try to talk with Maher about diplomacy. Again, he does not seem really hostile towards us.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2013, 07:27:47 pm »

Yeah, he seems to regard us the same way a house cat might regard it's prey.  Except that prey just so happens to breath fire and be covered in steel.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2013, 07:29:03 pm »

The OOC is essentially for runoff discussion, while the thread is more for prediscussed ideas.

I disagree, OOC is mainly for debating, long term stuff and  refining raw ideas. I see no reason to not post ideas that player like without prior posting here

Speaking of raw ideas...

What do you think about creating a new crop that will grow sharp, poisonous arrows or javelins? (depending on the time of harvest) If we expand fields, new crop may be an option, stems may like such javelins.

Maher is a death god, and bad death god.. no allying with him....
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2013, 07:29:29 pm »

Which will be easy to destroy by attacking the physical structure in the bone marrow. All we have to go is make a bunch of flying suicide drones that specialize in injecting acid that break down the bone marrow. Once that is done all we have to do is wait for this thing to shatter apart.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2013, 07:30:10 pm »

He seems like as I said before he was just annoyed that we stole Minas Iroh, but he doesn't really have reason to hate us. And as to the ninja, just some guidelines.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 20, 2013, 07:30:59 pm »

something else that bothers me about Maher, is that (atleast from what we were told about the justicars that came to visit us) the order god(s) seem to have the Death sphere aswell,

Maher might be closer to them than he is to us and Krait.
I think we need to be extra cautious when it comes to Maher.

I would also LOVE to learn stuff about Agememnon. seeing as hes the only thing thats delaying a painfull injection of Order from comming our way. then again. knowing about him might make it more painfull to know theres not much we can do for him. on the other hand, its the least we can do in some sort of reverence for his (unbeknown) sacrifice.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 20, 2013, 07:32:05 pm »

I think we might be in a ceasefire...

He's making a mountain sized bone golem, we're making a mountain sized flying castle. I don't think we should attack now(we'd be wiped out!) but once we have a good, diverse, synergistic collection of forces, preferably an overwhelming number(Do not attack where your enemy is strong, and never fight on equal terms), to wipe out his armies. And then talk to his followers about things like 'Oh, well, you know, my farms actually have food, not just wilted straw. And also it's warm. And no lightning storms.' Since he converts by force, it seems like they would be easily converted once they saw we obliterated his troops.

jaass, why do something that has to suicide, and has to wait? Why not just a really tough thing that shatters bone with every swipe?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2013, 07:33:20 pm »

I think it's just coincidence the death thing. As for Agamemnon, we should get more info, and maybe send support. And we're making a city sized flying castle.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 20, 2013, 07:33:57 pm »

It was just an idea plus big things attract a lot fire, a lot of small things won't.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2013, 07:37:19 pm »

We really don't need to fight a war on two fronts.

Ally with Maher.

And visit Elves.
+1

I don't agree with allying Maher.

He seems to be a ruthless god that doesn't care about his followers. He seems to be at least playful and honourable in his defence.
I would be okay with a cease-fire. but I would also be okay with keeping his game going.
Strange times make strange bedfellows. We don't have much choice...

something else that bothers me about Maher, is that (atleast from what we were told about the justicars that came to visit us) the order god(s) seem to have the Death sphere aswell,

Maher might be closer to them than he is to us and Krait.
I think we need to be extra cautious when it comes to Maher.
He shares one sphere, with one Order god. Serena also likely fulfills those criteria.

I wonder how Krait and Maher's relationship is going...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2013, 07:38:46 pm »

Just because he has one domain that's opposite doesn't mean we shouldn't try and ally.  I think that's what I dislike about the order empire.  They're all trying to kill us just because we happen to have a chaos domain.  I wouldn't even mind allying with an order god.  Let's keep our allies diverse and try and recruit as many people as possible into our new alliance.  As long as they don't seem like chronic backstabbers (which Maher doesn't to me) and they seem to share goals with us, I see no reason to not at least try and be diplomatic.

I like making new things but let's not make them so specific.  Instead of a plant that grows into spears for example, make a plant that can be shaped into anything we want; weapons, planks for building, etc.  Same goes for our current plant soldiers.  I think we should give them the ability to grow in different forms for special roles or if not that, we should make more life booned priest mages to modify our plant soldiers as needed.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2013, 07:38:56 pm »

I just re-read the post in which we got Laksus to tell of Mahers plans, and realized that we have an infestation of nazis.  This league of extrodanarily idiotic gods must be crushed without mercy.  After we finish off Order, though.  So we still need to get us some armistice going.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 20, 2013, 07:41:20 pm »

Just because he has one domain that's opposite doesn't mean we shouldn't try and ally.  I think that's what I dislike about the order empire.  They're all trying to kill us just because we happen to have a chaos domain.  I wouldn't even mind allying with an order god.  Let's keep our allies diverse and try and recruit as many people as possible into our new alliance.  As long as they don't seem like chronic backstabbers (which Maher doesn't to me) and they seem to share goals with us, I see no reason to not at least try and be diplomatic.

I like making new things but let's not make them so specific.  Instead of a plant that grows into spears for example, make a plant that can be shaped into anything we want; weapons, planks for building, etc.  Same goes for our current plant soldiers.  I think we should give them the ability to grow in different forms for special roles or if not that, we should make more life booned priest mages to modify our plant soldiers as needed.
The problem is that I suspect the Order gods are all banded together, because it's what they do. As for the plant idea, that's a suspiciously elven concept.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 72