Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 72

Author Topic: You are a new God OOC thread.  (Read 108293 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God OOC thread.
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2013, 06:19:27 pm »

Fire Corona- Fire Vine Body- Life Constantly shifting nature- Chaos

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2013, 06:19:32 pm »

Hmm fire elementals? Fire angels?  Balrogs?  Lots of possibilities but let's not just give them fire powers; they should also have life and chaos power as well while just appearing fiery.
Oh god yes, Balrogs.  Armies of them.  +1freakin million
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2013, 06:21:26 pm »

To put my idea of the afterlife guards
I have no opinion on the mining. The afterlife guards on the other hand I'm thinking theme wise they should be like Maokai(league of legends) that is on fire as it show our spheres(Is a walking tree that throw mini tree(life), On fire(Guess), can absorbed others magic and use it, also can teleport(chaos))

Forgot all about the afterlife. Sounds good for now, but we are very young, and extremely inexperienced, especially in matters concerning afterlives. Try this for now, but watch carefully.

I don't really like sneaky conversion, but it is preferable to no conversion. I prefer to convert by convincing people we really are a benevolent god.

I'm not sure if we agreed to visiting the elves, but I support it.

List of my ideas mid-long-term ideas to not forget (will update)

1) Use mana to make adult firedrakes out of the eggs
2) Infuse a soul into a cloud of firejackets, to grant it hive mind consincious
2b) Infuse many souls in small clouds of firejackets, to make different hives that will slightly differ in properitis depending on souls used
3) Grow Manarackdraining roots
4) expand the afterlife by adding mushrooms to live in, similar to the ones that real world citizens live in
5) Create mana pool in that afterworld, serving to increase firejackets population here (They can act as defenders)
6) Create fire elementals do defend the afterlife. Maybe convert some souls to fire elementals
7) Plants some plant soldiers in afterlife, serving the same purpose
8) Make remote controlled land mines, using fire nectar explosive in camouflaged pits
9) Upgrade the temple to make it look glorious, preferably nature based

1) Sounds good.
2) Good
    b)Make sure they are volunteers of course
3) Don't think its worth it.
4) Sure. Why not.
5,6,7) I think the angels will be sufficient, since we haven't had a problem with it so far.
8 ) Might be a tad dangerous, and make people less willing to come if they know there are bombs waiting for them
9) Side project, unless it helps us get mana now.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 06:23:58 pm by kytuzian »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2013, 06:22:23 pm »

I want to upgrade the temple into a shrine or whatever the next step is, but not purely aesthetic changes. It would pro'lly have aesthetic with that upgrade, though. I think it should have a wild theme. A wild theme...and fire. Sacrificial burnings like in the Percy Jackson series. Something like that. Lots of braziers.

OOH! We need to make everburning wood! So we don't have to cut trees! It can be put out, but it's not consumed by the flames!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2013, 06:23:03 pm »

As for the chaos golem thing, the basic concept is that the golems are our heavy personal troops in the mortal plane, and the angels are their counterparts. And maybe for the temple upgrade we could have a life themed structure that is eternally on fire that destroys it, while constantly being rebuilt by the life forces in a new pattern.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 06:24:53 pm by Remuthra »

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2013, 06:25:39 pm »

Bet you when I get back there'll be like 9001 replies.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2013, 06:26:07 pm »

Can we please replace chaos golems with chaos balrogs?  It would be so damn epic.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2013, 06:26:44 pm »

Bet you when I get back there'll be like 9001 replies.
When who gets back?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2013, 06:27:28 pm »

Can we please replace chaos golems with chaos balrogs?  It would be so damn epic.
No I'm happy with the Chaos Golem design. And do we really want to take our idea directly from another creative work?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2013, 06:27:34 pm »

Why is it anti-fantasy?
Because fantasy should use soul, will, mind not braincells to explain what controls a human

Disagree with roots that can somehow penetrate stone
Regular mole can't penetrate stone, too. It's roods of the Fire tree! it can melt it's way down

plus roots grow pretty slowly.
Typical one, yes. We may make absolutely different one. Or boost it growth with direct investment... And roots can penetrate many things

Disagree with using souls without asking permission.

Who said about without permission? Although some souls may be troublemakers and can get used

Disagree with trying to do anything with Maher other than watch him carefully.
Why cut off diplomatic options?

Let's make something that's actually spectacular,
No let's make something cheep and efficient not spectacular. Spectctacular can be done much later, when we'll become stronger

Damn, 5) should be magma pool :)
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2013, 06:30:16 pm »

Maher doesn't really hate us, he was just ticked off because we came in randomly and stole what should have been his village.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2013, 06:31:40 pm »

I want to upgrade the temple into a shrine or whatever the next step is, but not purely aesthetic changes. It would pro'lly have aesthetic with that upgrade, though. I think it should have a wild theme. A wild theme...and fire. Sacrificial burnings like in the Percy Jackson series. Something like that. Lots of braziers.

OOH! We need to make everburning wood! So we don't have to cut trees! It can be put out, but it's not consumed by the flames!
+1. To everything except the sacrifices.

No I'm happy with the Chaos Golem design. And do we really want to take our idea directly from another creative work?
+1

Quote from: Ukrainian Ranger link=topic=121954.msg3967290#msg3967290 date=1358724454
[quote
Disagree with roots that can somehow penetrate stone
Regular mole can't penetrate stone, too. It's roods of the Fire tree! it can melt it's way down
[/quote]
Somehow, that sounds less effective than flaming claws.

plus roots grow pretty slowly.
Typical one, yes. We may make absolutely different one. Or boost it growth with direct investment... And roots can penetrate many things
How much mana would it eat up just growing that fast?

Disagree with trying to do anything with Maher other than watch him carefully.
Why cut off diplomatic options?
Because !!CHAOS!!?

Let's make something that's actually spectacular,
No let's make something cheep and efficient not spectacular. Spectctacular can be done much later, when we'll become stronger
Face it, spectacular attracts better than efficient. It's how people are.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2013, 06:34:27 pm »

I also want to ally with Maher.

About the balrogs, I didn't literally mean balrogs just something similar.  Giant demons aren't a unique idea but then again neither are golems.  It's how we use them and the little details about them that will make them unique.  That said, I still think we should make more golems as well.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2013, 06:35:22 pm »

I'd actually prefer to avoid demons. We're not evil!chaos.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2013, 06:38:42 pm »

I agree. We're not really the evil demon creatures type. We're just strange and often disturbing to some degree.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 72