Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 61

Author Topic: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...  (Read 85887 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...
« Reply #840 on: March 20, 2013, 05:13:49 am »

Despite his weakness, the topic brought out Udil, who was most concenred by Gren's interest in Un'girlan.

"Gren, I am going to tell you that you do not want to touch the topic of the beast sealed in Anghiwar. I am the warden of the prison that holds this monster and so far, the prison held, keeping the universe safe. For the sake of this universe and to contain the beast held there, I will strike and destroy anyone who will attempt to come near that place. The beast contained there shall not be set free or touched by anyone, not even by you.

And you will do well to speak more respectfully to gods, regardless of their position to you - your tone implies knowledge, wisdom and and righteousness, but its also full of arrogance and belief that you are able to show a path to the gods themselves! Time and time again, you are ignorant of many affairs, so how am I supposed to hold your proposals reasonable? how can I have peace if giants themselves renounce me and my wife in my face? Gren, your intentions are good, but you offer me nothing. I have no benefit from this peace and my role as the restorer of this world continuously goes unacknowledged, so little gratitude you have for me.
I can promise you this however - Vanida will stay her hand and i will not move aggressively against your the giants. I will brook no interference with the Desolate by anyone, just as I stayed clear of Eversummer all that time, but your recent actions bring me to think that you are a quite the hypocrite too, since you desire to meddle in my affairs, claiming neutrality and the right of mortals to choose, while Using the giants to create your own realm here in Eversummer! I am quick to move and quick to anger, but I am not blind or stupid."

Udil-Volondor made his own proclamation on the state of Eversummer.
"Eversummer is realm of a dead god. It shall remain open to any and all that want to settle here and any and all god shall be free to act here, as they did before. Make no mistake, Vanida was here all that time alongside Thaneos, so you would do well to keep to your own word and allow her stay here and allow her free action, as she did before during Allfather's time. I saw Corvus act here though you too, so that means I should have no problems in acting here either to guide and protect my followers form the likes of Hyperion.
Furthermore! I shall tell you of a secret compact made between me and Thaneos, that partially inspired him to fight besides me. It was Thaneos' will for me to join him as rulers of the world, and at the eve of his death for him to take care of his Eversummer. Take this with you and consider it. There will be no war, but peace is not something that can be demanded for free."

Udil lastly turned to the Crow.
"Corvus, you are nothing but full of bile. I saw you do nothing good or bearing wisdom outside of your own domain, scared you are and hiding. I would respect you more and would be willing to broker peace with you, had you shown the sense to do it, but all you ever graced me with was arrogance and fear. I shall take this no more, and I shall declare you as a warped god, not fit to bear the sphere of knowledge as your own. You are a god of fear, paranoia and hate that speaks through your every action."
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 05:16:01 am by Ardas »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: March 20, 2013, 05:31:10 am »

"This bile you throw at me, is it not bile as well?

Notice that while you claim to bring peace, I remember your conquests and so do not trust you. You are STILL trying to control the world.

Paranoia? Yes, I am paranoid. But rightly. You never worry about your enemies, I watch for them at every step.

You are calling me unworthy of my sphere, yet you yourself have done nothing but butcher and subjugate. Are you not a god of art? If this art is conquest and tyranny, I understand. My sphere is as warped as my cane is bent. Your sphere? You have taken the world as your domain, a far cry for an apparent god of art, yes?

You want peace, yet you repeatedly insult and decry someone who tried to bring peace.

No more. You want my help? You may wrench it from my dead corpse. I am sick of you and your wife constantly antagonizing me and forcing me to seek refuge. You do nothing but force others to follow your commands and start killing when they defy you.
I see this as plain as day. If anyone save Udil or his wife seeks to disprove my words, then speak, because I have had enough. He can KEEP his world. It is a world of nothing but the Dwarf and his wife. My patience is thoroughly tried and frankly, if you want peace, then you will not have it until you repent your words or I die, which I would rather do than live any longer in this damned world where the benevolent are punished and the tyrants rule supreme!

You will not have your world where nobody questions you, because I will not permit it!"

A great cawing sound cowed everyone, then silence.

Corvus had left the meeting.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 05:41:17 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: March 20, 2013, 07:55:17 am »

Fatianna frowns, looking around, and then slowly sighing, head inclining.

"It seems that this is the inevitable end of any meet between the two of them, at least for now. I will speak to the Crow, and hopefully he can be calmed. Thank you for your time."

The Goddess of the Unknown vanishes, as if she had never been there at all.

Moments later, her true body appears within the realm of the Crow, nearby him, form approaching him, a hand lifting to touch his arm, announcing her presence.

"I must say, of all the incarnae of knowledge I have met, you are the most emotional. There is nothing wrong with this, but I would ask you to calm yourself, for a time... Your foes are not here. They cannot see, hear, or touch you. Within this realm, there are but the two of us, at least for now. Let your current anger go... and look to the future. For your People, Crow. They will need a calm leader if things descend, as they always do."
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: March 20, 2013, 08:16:10 am »

"I know and realize this, Fatianna.

My patience is tried. I ask you to leave me in contemplation for now. My patience is tried.

I have sworn to help mortals, but my faith in the gods who rule them is shaken. Even in myself.

If I truly have warped my sphere, then what god am I to attempt to even help the world?"
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 03:24:29 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: March 20, 2013, 01:12:19 pm »

Feros adressed those still gathered.
'Gren, I accept your peace, although that which was dead should stay so in my belief. I will not bring your Father back, but nor will I hinder any attempt. As for you Udil-Volondor, Corvus' view may be skewed by the past, but he still speaks some truth. This world belongs as much to others as you. I am content with you to rule your dwarves as you see fit, but do not seek to take control of all mortals, nor of this planet, for that right belongs to no god.'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: March 20, 2013, 03:19:21 pm »

"Udil, you cannot decide upon the fate of Eversummer.  You are not in charge of this planet.  Eversummer belongs to Thaneos, dead or alive, and the mortal inhabitants."
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 03:20:54 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: March 20, 2013, 03:28:56 pm »

And so the Crow watched his fellow pantheon members shoot down the plans of Udil.

He mused to himself.
"Yet again, his megalomania has been defeated, by the wise and the intelligent.

Still, I wonder. Is he right to call me such? Am I truly a warped god? Or am I taking the words of my enemy to heart?"

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: March 20, 2013, 04:19:21 pm »

The Bond Severed?

As Corvus and Aldemas try to use their powers, they notice that something is awry, when one pulls the other does so too. It's a fierce Tug of War that commences [2 vs. 5] which Corvus loses at first, the act used to weaken the bond instead used to Strengthen Aldemas power over him. [1 vs 4] Even worse another Act used to weaken the bond is instead hurled at the Shield that surrounds the Corvid Moon, weakening it severly.

Aldemas gains One Act to use without a power struggle.(assuming that he uses it to revive the Shades as Whatever)
Aldemas/Corvus Control: 60/40

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: March 20, 2013, 04:27:13 pm »

Corvus cursed as the leech gained power that he did not earn, and watched the shield take he blast.

"This...must be....ended."

He sought Fatianna, this time, with desperation in his voice. He was being leached by an enemy. He would not have this.

"Break the divine bond somehow. He is taking my power and I am waning..."

The Crow wheezed. It was draining him.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: March 20, 2013, 05:09:48 pm »

Udil-Volondor was displeased, but could not blame the gods for their arrogance- they could not comprehend Udil and perhaps never would, as he was the only deity to ever arise out of mortal position and saw things in different light.

"I stand my by proclamation and shall behave accordingly to it. Neither me or my wife shall carry on with any aggression towards Eversummer, but we will strike at those that seek to harm our worship or our people here. Vanida and me shall come and go here as we please, for she was here all along and I still bear the torch of Thaneos' word, you like it or not."

With that, he departed.

Udil-Volondor would do something that others were struggling to do, unwilling to do, too weak to do. He would achieve yet another sphere, relieving Corvus of his duties in his warped state.
He took it upon himself to wander the planet for some time after his departure, visiting all sentient peoples and civilizations that would accept his gift - the gift of technology and knowledge in exchange ofr worship. He told them of himself as he was bestowing upon them his wisdom and told them of his consort, Vanida. He told them of Feros, god of the Wilds that had to be respected and of Corvus, a paranoid and foul creature that denied enlightenment to all, so great was his corruption.

1 Act - Udil-Volondor travels to all sentients on the planet, both land and sea dwelling and boons them with technology and wisdom (bringing them up to late Medieval tech) in exchange of worship of his pantheon. He also warns them against corrupted Corvus.

Dwarves and Humans under Udil's rule are given freedom to colonize all lands, including Eversummer and carry his Pantheon with them.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 05:33:24 pm by Ardas »

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: March 20, 2013, 05:21:02 pm »

Feros saw Udil enter his lands and was angered. How dare he interfere with his people? But no. it was their choice. he would simply ensure they were correctly informed.
'My children, I bid you take little heed of the words of Udil-Volondor. Whether you take his gifts or not is your choice, but ask yourself who has made you stronger? Who brought back the life of this world, on which all rely? Listen also not to his depiction of the guardian Corvus. Though he is not completely innocent, he is nowhere as bad as Udil-Volondor himself, who seeks to control the whole of the world. But do as you will. If you leave me, I will not seek to harm you, nor will I grant you my boon. You will be without my aid, and I would bid you leave this land. I hope you make the right choice'

He was also perturbed by Udils' intention to colonise. And thus he willed the snows of the North to form into giant wollves to patrol the borders and turn back outsiders sent thus. If they refuse, the snows will become more fierce, until the outsiders have no choice but to retreat.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: March 20, 2013, 05:29:49 pm »

Fatianna had returned long since to her home within the tree, watching as the Crow comes to her, frowning slightly, nodding and taking his hand.

"With me, then."

She takes him back into orbit, off of the planet, to the Ring, to the star it orbited and the power bound within it. She reaches out to that power, and to any left in the Pantheon's combined power, and molds it, forming it into a blade, a knife, forged of Soulfire, burning in her hand.

"This will hurt."

She extends her hand, striking the Crow in the chest, the knife of Soulfire sending its power coursing through him, burning away the connection between him and the Light God, though due to its nature, it would also weaken other connections between the Crow and other beings, lessening the amount of power he would likely gain from worship for a time.

Fatianna uses the energy which has been gathered by the Ring as well as any tied in the pantheon to create a knife which can sever bonds between one being and another, completely severing one and somewhat weakening all others in whomever is struck with it, and uses it to sever Corvus' bond with the Light god. [all Pantheon acts, boosted through the Ring.]
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: March 20, 2013, 05:31:58 pm »

Corvus collapsed coughing and wheezing, spewing golden ichor, blood of the gods.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: March 20, 2013, 06:03:43 pm »

[?] The Knife shatters upon impact with the divine connections...the acts lost.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: March 20, 2013, 06:09:29 pm »

Corvus wheezed and hacked, and coughed. He didn't know if the leech was expelled, so he could once again assume his position as a Guardian.

"I want to be free of him....so I can actually do what I swore to do, free of constraints......and I have this to deal with..."
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 06:13:36 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 61