Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 61

Author Topic: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...  (Read 85949 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...
« Reply #615 on: March 10, 2013, 02:47:04 pm »

A question to any god who is listening.  Are there any other ascendants out there on this world that might help me?  I fear that for the tasks that lie ahead, I will not be able to succeed alone.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 10, 2013, 03:00:33 pm »

Kar'lan answered the inquiry of the ascendant.  "There is one that I know of from the souls of the deceased that were judged.  A dwarf by the name of Gren Gransson."
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 10, 2013, 03:02:23 pm »

Thank you for this information.  If there is any chance he may share my goals I must seek him out.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 10, 2013, 03:03:48 pm »

'Traurig, there is but one other. His name is Gren Grensson, and he is no friend of mine, or of the gods in general. But be warned. Pestilence falls on all he sees. But if you truly wish to speak with him, he dwells at present among the giants of old Eversummer, from whence the ash cloud came. I wish you luck.'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 10, 2013, 03:13:31 pm »

The Spider saw the mad one approach, full of power to destroy her and all she had accomplished. Her fear and wrath radiated through the Voidguard, spreading anxiety through the ranks of the Mirrorborn. They knew they would have to be ready. Her mind was muddled, full of raging hunger and hate.

Sabt Golgo's psychic scream exploded outwards, racing across the galaxy, seeking the minds of her kin. She had no love or trust for them, but they were needed. The chaos-god was close, now, entering the Rift, full of power. She could not wait any longer. Sychasis awoke, glowing with new power.

I CALL FOR YOU, UDIL, VASVALDI, KAR'LAN, VANIDA, CORVUS, LO, MINOD, FEROS, AND ALL THE REST OF YOU OATHSWORN, PROTECTED, FEARFUL, HUNTED! I CALL FOR YOU, AND YOUR KIN AND ARMIES! CEASE YOUR PETTY FIGHTING AND JOIN ME IN BATTLE AGAINST AODUN THE WORLD-BREAKER! YOU HAVE ALLOWED THIS MAD CREATURE TO RUN WILD FOR TOO LONG, DEVOURING US, SCATTERING US, DRIVING US INTO USELESS HIDING! IF WE DO NOT ACT NOW, WE WILL LOSE THIS WORLD TO THE VOID!

---

As Aodun comes to the Rift, send out a call for help to all gods. Blast Aodun with Sychasis and the Voidguard, then if help arrives, move in with the fangs.

1 Mighty Act: to boost Sychasis' destructive power.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: March 10, 2013, 03:18:08 pm »

"I hear your call, Sabt Golgo. I shall do what I can, which isn't much.."

Corvus knew that Fatianna wanted into the Moon, and responded to her next.

"You must get in while Vasvaldi's spot is unfilled, quickly!"

He then turned his attention to Aodun and Sabt Golgo, and summoned up some power from his own lifeforce.

"...it worked last time. If it doesn't....well, then I hurt myself a bit and Sabt Golgo gains none of my minimal help."

Using some of my lifeforce, force Aodun to see illusions of various gods on which to prey on. (It worked last time.)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 03:20:46 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 10, 2013, 03:23:59 pm »

'I hear your call, and I answer as best I can. I give you my strength, and my essence if needs be.'

Go to the rift and (1 Act) ATTACK - cautiously
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 04:21:40 pm by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 10, 2013, 03:46:45 pm »

Kar'lan heard the voice of Sabt Golgo.  "Looks like it is time to strike the deity of Chaos."

Kar'lan goes to his realm and calls to the souls of the dead within the hell.  He then says, "Souls of the dead listen, any who join the fight and land a blow upon Aodun shall be granted an immediate passage into the paradise."

Kar'lan then has the souls of the volunteers, garbed in the etheral weapons (can affect the physical plane) and armor stored within the judgement hall, immune to the effects of the pull towards paradise until the fight is over, and warps them to fight Aodun after Sychasis fires.

Kar'lan then warps to the location of Sabt Golgo.

"I can do nothing more.  The power I had before is now spent.  I cannot affect Aodun with my strikes, for his avatar exists upon the physical plane, while mine is exists upon the ethereal plane, and the only blades that ethereal beings can use to strike the physical plane that were created within the hall of judgement are all utilized by the army."
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 04:14:59 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 10, 2013, 03:48:36 pm »

Corvus sighed. It seems his desperate power didn't work.

"Well...."

He shook his head and looked at the fight.

"I apologize, Sabt Golgo, but I have no ability to help....unless..."

He weighed the risk of fighting or not fighting.

He decided it was worth it.

Enter the fray, launching blasts of energy from long range at Aodun. (Unless gods don't have long range attacks...)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 03:53:34 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 10, 2013, 04:59:24 pm »

Fatianna descends to the planet below, though she would not stay long. He had attempted to kill her in the past. He would try again. She was called to battle, and though she might choose to ignore the call... It was not something she wished to do. Instead, she decides that she would bet everything on this battle... she could recover her power in time. Reaching into the flows of power she had put into her artifacts, she shatters them, drawing the blazing starfire into her hands as they break, removing her protection... but she hopefully would not need it. Muttering a few words, she directs the energy, and sends it rushing from her as a massive blast of silver energy, directing them to strike at Aodun, to cripple him, and if possible, to kill him.

"I have done what I can, and wish you as much luck as may be."

Fatianna dismantles both her Amulet and her Shroud, spending all of her remaining acts on a direct attack against Aodun.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 05:12:25 pm by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: March 10, 2013, 05:48:58 pm »

Udil heard the call of the Spider, which drowned out the incessant calls of Un'girla to release him.
Aodun, the very same he released not so long ago, now bayed for blood across the void, drinking of ichor of many other deities. This would not stand, The Chaos spread across the universe and he was responsible. Udil's wrath grew and he realized that he had to rally and stand to fight, regardless of its outcome

Udil renders down the World Hammer into 1 Mighty act, which he uses to blast Aodun with alongside other gods who fired. Then Clad in Armor and with Lifestealer, he joins the fray alongside Sabt-Golgo and others.  In case of victory, be first to absorb most of Aodun's power via his feather that Udil still carries with him.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 12:35:19 pm by Ardas »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 10, 2013, 09:02:09 pm »

Vanida heard the call and yet she didn't chose to join. Whoever will win, wars between gods will continue...  She had her own unfinished business at Despair, forcing children of Az-Sho and Thaneos to kill each other out (and steal some of their divine energy in process). She planned to stay out of the combat completely, but then she noticed Volindor as he rushed to the battle. She didn't want him to die... And yet she wasn't prepared to risk her life... yet. As long as Udil was safe

Vanida stays out of combat, but should Udil become seriously  injured she will rush to carry him to the safety of his fortress, risking being eaten by Aodun
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 11, 2013, 12:52:54 am »

And just as the Improver began to work her divine energies into repairing the world's plant life, a call from the heavens pierced through Despair. A call for aid against and Elder God; one of madness and strife. Lo herself was mad but not to the degrees of this Aodun. Within her split-minds, Lo debated on a course of action. She urgently wanted to repair the plant life; the world would suffer even more if she did not act now. On the other hand, this Aodun would be the end of everything if she did not chip in.

Finally, she made up her mind. She knew she was going to regret this.

Lo joins the Spider at the Ring and joins her act with that of the other gods. Once the initial barrage is over, leap into battle against Aodun. Should the chaotic being fall, absorb his power.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 12, 2013, 12:17:43 pm »

Finally Traurig had reached the First Continent. The Spire in sight he only needed to wait. The next moment hell broke lose. First Vasvaldi appeared at the Spire mere moments before him taking it for himself. Then Aodun appeared his thousand mouths and beaks starting to bite at the God of Time. Meanwhile in Orbit an ancient Weapon moves into position and its hull opens up revealing intricate ancient mechanisms which with perfect precision click into place. Nearby a Weapon plattform originally created to kill whatever comes through the rift turns its weapon banks around, aiming at the First Continent.

A moment later one massive energy beam cuts like a knife through the atmosphere, leaving a hole that would never close and hitting the Elder God of Chaos in the back. Silence for a moment the Elder pinned like a massive insect under a giant needle. Then suddenly the beam increases in size ever more and finally a massive blinding eruption takes Traurig's eyesight. SMouldering but still alive the Elder God rises only to be heat by the next barrage as millions of shots rip through the atmosphere in a giant cascade of bullets, energy blasts, beams and lightnings. The Voidguard is unleashing its worst. But its not firing alone,more holes are torn into the atmosphere as first Corvus, then Feros, Fatianna and finally Udil join with their own hail of projectiles.

A unprecedented spectacle for the few forlorn survivors on Despair. A spectacle of beauty and deadliness never seen before and propably never seen again on the planet. Traurigs hearing was gone the moment the first shots impacted with the planet a constant stream of projectiles tore at the essence of the Elder God nailing him to the ground. The First Continent slowly started to disintegrated under the mighty but badly aimed barrage its surface pounded into fine grained dust under the heat, the shockwaves and the constant explosions. For minutes the glistening barrage continues before finally subsiding. The First Continent had turned into a glassed plate. Through all of this Traurig was still alive, burned , blind and deaf...but alive. He would never see as Thousands of Souls descended from the Skies followed by the Gods. Aodun slowly rose from the ashes badly battered but still alive despite the unholy barrage descending on him. With a flick of his wings the armor of a thousand mouths fell off revealing his old burning wings.
When the Gods descended they where met by searing flames. The souls disintegrating under the blasts of godly fire.

When the Gods came in close and hit each other the whole turned a whole less impressive. A massive ball of Fiery Wings, Spidery Legs, Screeching and screaming, roaring towards the ground and hitting it with a resounding crash. The dust obscured the view on the combatants. The otherworldly sounds of a dozen gods trying to kill each other continued and suddenly were replaced with a high-pitched screeching sound and then a massive fiery shockwave.

Traurig saw his end never coming.
When the Wave of Fire subsided somewhere out on the sea the degree of destruction became visible. The First Continent had turned into a Fiery Hell Pit. But it wasn't dead. The unleashed energy, the dying gods and the burnt souls have left something living. Something which hasn't formed yet and would hide itself from the Gods.

But not only Aodun had fallen. Traurig had been killed. Vasvaldi was dead. Udil was crippled; barely rescued by Vanida. Despite the new energy flowing into the gods most of them were weakened beyond measure. Tired. Exhausted. None of them would survive another battle. Not without resting their essences and healing wounds that only time could heal.

Aodun has been slain.
Traurig has been slain.
Udil has been crippled.
The Gods partaking in the battle are weakened.

The Udil aspect of Udil-Volondor has been severly weakened.
Sabt Golgo recieves 3 Mighty Acts
Lo recieves 3 Mighty Acts
Udil Recieves 3 Mighty Acts
Fatianna recieves 3 Mighty Acts
Corvus recieves 3 Mighty Acts
Feros Recieves 3 Mighty Acts
Vanida recieves 1 Mighty Act
Kar'lan recieves 3 Acts
The First Continent has turned into a constantly Burning Hell. Gods who wander these lands will slowly start to disintegrate. Something stirs in the Deadlands but it yet hasn't formed itself fully.
The Gods are severly weakened (that is those who fought Aodun directly) they will not survive another battle so soon.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 12, 2013, 12:24:23 pm »

'And so I avenge you my son. The fiend is dead, and you are avenged......... But my fellows, there are other risks to address. The rift remains open. let us all put at least some of our newfound power into closing this. The rest? Thiat is our own choices, I feel. For myself? The wilds are my charge, and thus I shall heal them. I hope in future we find peace.'

Feros spoke also to the people of the North.
'The evil is vanquished for now my children, though I fear the storm is far from passed. For now though, I bid you celebrate. The forests will run wild with deer and the rivers with fish, and the forests will spring back into verdant life. Enjoy this, for you are my children, and you are saved.'

1MA = healing rift
1MA = Restore the basic plant and animal life across Despair
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 12:33:15 pm by sjm9876 »

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 61