Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 61

Author Topic: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...  (Read 85862 times)

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...
« Reply #420 on: March 04, 2013, 06:56:30 pm »

Freed at last, He knew only Hunger, Hunger for vengeance against those who sat idly, against the foolish child who hath imprisioned Him, Hunger for the essence He had been denied, Hunger for the unraveling . But not the dwarf, no... The dwarf deserved none of it, for he alone had played a part in his freedom.

Drained, yet still supreme, Aodun reaches across the void, tearing apart the first of the Divine he finds, barring Udil Dragonslayer, in an attempt restore himself.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 07:12:17 pm by Azthor »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 04, 2013, 07:11:18 pm »

This puts us in a rather dangerous situation.  If he has killed so many in the past, then there is the risk he will do so again.  All the more reason to prepare ourselves for the worst.  We need more allies and we need the means to achieve godhood.  I know of few gods who could or would help us, so we may be forced to work on our own.  I will gather followers and build great underwater fortifications that we may take shelter in as needed.  Perhaps you should continue looking for a way to gain godhood while I build up our base of followers.  In this way we may achieve multiple goals at the same time.  After all, being gods would do us little good if we did not have a strong base of worshipers.  I fear that is what led to the end of my old ally Aldemas.
"Risk implies that there's a chance he won't. Aye, we need allies, followers...probably before we become gods. First, we need to find somewhere...alive, somewhere with people who aren't dead or slaves to Udil. Then, we make ourselves known, protect some village or something. Then we can ascend. But we'll need to plan more when we get there."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 04, 2013, 07:21:09 pm »

Well I am attempting to gather fellow seaspawn to my cause as we speak.  After that, I will try to gain the support of the squiddles as well.  You are free to join me if you wish or continue on with whatever is your current course of action.  Either way, my doors will remain open to you whenever you need a place to stay.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 04, 2013, 07:47:14 pm »

"And you mine...if I ever get doors. We will be in contact in the future, I hope. May the grace and might of late Neyravah fill your veins and guide your actions."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 04, 2013, 08:18:07 pm »

(On the fifth Continent)

Aur-Sha shuddered with the effort it had taken, then she looked up at the God with a pleading look in her eyes. "Thank you Corvus, where should I go now?"
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 02:49:53 am by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 05, 2013, 02:16:35 am »

"Hide, young one.

This world is tumultuous, and violent. I require yet some more power to lower the barrier to you, I'm sorry."

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 05, 2013, 02:24:17 am »

Aur-Sho looked around, the lnd was bare for as far as she could see, exepct for all the copses, but hidng in those just didn't seem right, "Thank you, Corvus." And then she slid off, searching for some place to hide. Eventually she settled for a small isolated cave, after all, what else could she do? So she slithered in and waited.
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 05, 2013, 02:27:26 am »

Corvus did not answer. He needed to think.

Udil had unleashed the Order god, and he was furious and changed. Aur-Sha was defenceless on the ground. And he was relatively safe.....unless Sychasis was fired at him.

He considered his next moves carefully. They could make or break his chances of survival.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 05, 2013, 10:25:06 am »

snip
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 11:27:47 am by Ghazkull »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 05, 2013, 11:08:08 am »

Sabt Golgo felt the prison the fool Overgod had built open, and the wretched being inside enter the world once more. Worse, it was obviously headed this way. She addressed a message to Qebeh and the other rift-spawned creatures.

Invaders. Please halt. A monstrous creature is approaching. It may attack us. You have sworn oaths to defend this universe - this is the being that caused this rift.

Sabt Golgo moved slowly along the Voidguard, awaiting the creature.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 11:25:57 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

SunRaTheThird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 05, 2013, 11:08:24 am »

-
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 11:25:26 am by SunRaTheThird »

SunRaTheThird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 05, 2013, 11:22:49 am »

Qebeh seeing the great Phoenix approaching summons an ice elemental, telling it to charge the Phoenix while he retreats towards the planet

Using 1 mighty action Qebeh summons an ice elemental
and tryes to retreat towards the planet

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 05, 2013, 11:26:47 am »

Sabt Golgo watched in disbelief as the little god fled. That was it, then - she would not face Aodun on her own.

Sabt Golgo takes a step back and lets Aodun pass
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 05, 2013, 11:41:02 am »

It is almsot as if the Universe holds its breath for a moment. In horrified anticipation of Aoduns predations. A moment of silence before the new God of Chaos appears at the rift. The Onslaught from Beyond suddenly ends as most of the weaker beings flee the rift feeling the dread power emanating from the Phoenix. In place stronger beings begin to push forward seeing a juicy snack.

The summoned Ice Elmental uselessly flails in space...unable to move. Almost as a side thought the Phoenix brushes it while flying past. The Ice Elemental immediately melts yielding it's essence.

Finally Aodun falls upon the hapless God of Power. Burning its very essence with his fires and feasting on the core of what makes up the god. The Gods can feel the Pain and Fear of the dying god as it is ripped apart by Aodun. It's essence sucked up by the mad Chaotic Phoenix, the broken Corpse tumbles to the Corvid Moon.

Qebeh, God of Power has been slain

Aodun gets 2 Mighty Acts

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 05, 2013, 11:44:45 am »

The Corvid Moon seems to repel the dead god into space, like a rock onto armour.

Corvus senses the dead god, and considers further courses of action.

"Aodun is attacking gods now? I need more worship, and quickly, lest I or Aur-Sha are targeted."
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 61