Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 61

Author Topic: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...  (Read 85839 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...
« Reply #165 on: February 16, 2013, 08:35:10 am »

"You have my services in exchange. You will have more than I will in exchange for what will be done here - but I cannot go on broken and unrewarded. I still bear your mark and glad of your gift, I know you need me as much as I need you. Strike me down now and be rid of me or fix me and let me partake in the power that will be spilled. I will have it no other way."
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 08:40:33 am by Ardas »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 16, 2013, 09:01:38 am »

I could annihilate this place and all within in the blink of an eye, little one. I do not need you, but I will not end you - what purpose would that serve? But if you do not have anything to offer, I shall leave, taking you back to your people if you so wish. But this may be your only chance. Mortal lives are only so long, even if you consume more of the giant-father's spawn...

The Spider drew back from Neyravah, offering no explanation to the other god for its movements.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 16, 2013, 09:24:31 am »

"Damn you, Spider. Your greed knows no bounds. But I have no choice. Take its energy and give me renvenge!"

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 16, 2013, 09:31:37 am »

Very good.

The Spider began to spin, drawing her divine energy around the dwarf. His leg became whole almost immediately, but the goddess was not stopping. Udil's body became stronger, faster, growing into something far beyond the capabilities of a mortal man. Power practically radiated from him as Sabt Golgo set him down on the floor across from the lizard-god. She turned to the Mirrorborn she had with her.

I have failed you, my children, but I hope for your forgiveness. But this creature, she said, gathering them around Udil, knows nothing but hate towards mortals. She has done nothing but twisted and brought destruction and pain to the dwarves and other denizens of this world. The dwarven king requires your assistance. Follow him, and bring down a god.

Mighty Act: Sabt Golgo fixes Udil's leg and gives him strength and physique beyond mortal capabilities.

Sabt Golgo drops Udil's protection from Neyravah's sight and tells the Mirrorborn to aid him.

Sabt Golgo draws Sychasis near the world, in case it will be needed.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 16, 2013, 09:36:30 am »

Go to the home of Az-Sho's children and command the Crowblessed to assist them remotely.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 16, 2013, 09:40:38 am »

((I should probably get to doing the temple thing now.))

Az-Sho tells his followers to welcome the Crowblessed and build them a temple in Riat where they may study in peace.

Aurik was meditating upon the eternal flame when the plaza he was in shuddered. He looked around, bemused - he had told the EmberGuard to let no one in to disturb his meditation. The square rumbled again, and the stone tiles of the plaza began to bulge outward in one spot, as if something were pushing up from underneath it. The bulge swiftly lengthened and grew more defined and contoured, growing into an animate statue of a snake rising up from the earth. Aurik, recognizing Az-Sho for who he was, made to bow in prostration, but was stopped by the Serpent's voice.

Do not prostrate yourself before me, Aurik, first of my children. Not when you have done so well in expanding our prospects. You have been fiercely loyal to the fact of staying true to my cause, and I rejoice that you are so loyal.

But merely praising you is not why I have come. I and a weak god inhabiting this city, a crow god named Corvus, and myself have come to an agreement. He has pledged himself to our cause, and has agreed to aid us. Corvus calls himself a god of knowledge - his entire sect spends all their time learning new things rather than spreading the message of their god, which narrows them down to a mere 20 to 30 old, wrinkled scholar. Corvus, direly weak, appealed to me for assistance, and I have agreed - you shall build him and his followers a modest temple, so that they may endure, and pass any useful knowledge they gain onto us. So the Serpent and the Crow have made a pact, and I need you to fulfil our end of the deal. Remember, however, no matter how much I aid Corvus, you are still my children, and my children alone. Know ye what must be done?

Aurik, silent, nodded.

Then go and fulfil it, Aurik, first of my children. May your fire burn ever onward.

With that, the serpent sank back into the earth, the tiles resumed their normal position, and Aurik got up and exited the courtyard.
He had work to do.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 07:14:22 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 16, 2013, 09:49:50 am »

Udil felt the power overwhlem and rebuild him. It was amazing, and just in time too.

As the cloak dropped, Udil raised his Jotnite sword and shield, both gifts of Az-Sho to slay War giant with, empowered them with his energy and let out a terrible war cry.
And then he launched himself at Neyrevah.

2 Minor War acts: put energy inot the sword to kill Neyravah
2 Minor Normal acts: put energy into shield to protect myself from Neyravah blows.
KILL NEYRAVAH!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 16, 2013, 09:55:03 am »

Sabt Golgo watches, ready to attack and finish off Neyravah if either side seems to be winning.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 16, 2013, 10:45:46 am »

Avarian felt something. He sensed sudden increase of power in The Winter Palace. He thought,

I can't trust my brothers and sisters, can I?

He then teleported to the outside of the Winter Palace and expelled everything out of it to the bottom of the sea leaving the Winter Palace as a glorified Ice sculpture.

Act: Expel everything from the Winter Palace to the bottom of the sea, away from the Squiddles.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 11:37:44 am by Firelordsky »
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 17, 2013, 05:38:13 pm »

Turn 6

It was shortly after Mutare died that Vanida, Goddess of Lust decided to retaliate against the Children of Az-Sho. Riat stood aflame. The Children of course, where immune to the flames...if not for the feeling of utter pleasure flooding through them. Writhing on the ground as if stricken with a terrible Disease the entire army convulsed in utter ecstasy. Several Hundred died of heart attacks. The Rest was even hours after Vanidas visit unable to move. Gibbering, Slavering they knelt, lay and sat in the ruins of Riat, trying to come to terms what happened to them. It took another 2 days before the army had recovered enough composure to decide how to continue. Almost all decided to march back to the homelands to tell of this wondrous Goddess. The Crusade forgotten, they returned home.

Unbeknownst to this army a mighty war of wills raged between their gods. In the Cities of Eversummer temples of the sisters suddenly stood aflame, burning sisters running apart melting in front of frightened peasantry. On the Snakepeak a similiar picture, Snakespeakers collapsing in the midst of sermons or blood sacrifices dying of heart attacks, going mad with pleasure ending as gibbering wrecks. A contest of Wills unprecedented. Followers of both sides died in droves, causing widespread terror, people in their panic began to worship both gods in the hopes of finally being released from the death and the destruction. Finally in what seemed like minutes for the two gods, Vanida overpowers Az-Sho by sheer willpower. The God of Fire is flooded with mind-defying pleasure, while Vanida is scoured clean and pure by the Holy Fires of the Snake. Both lose control and memory of what happens next.

When both awake they seem to have forgotten most of the power exchange between them. Still shaky they partake in the meeting of the Gods not able to feel their believers or what happened to them. When Vanida decides to leave the Planet and head for the Star of the small system, she is hit by labor pains. Even a Goddess surrenders to Godly Labor Pains. Crashing onto the barren Planet Sabt Golgo created she births the result of the "fight" between her and Az-Sho. Thousands of Serpentine beasts are born and immediately burrow into the Planets Crust.

Each would grow to a length of more than twenty meters, able to spew fire and gifted with the fertility of Vanida, each would be able to bear a thousand children itself. Exhausted and tired Vanida falls asleep on Sychasis, the now not so barren world. As the years passed the barren planet would become fertile and carry life, the sleeping Goddess permeating the planet with her Aura.

Meanwhile back on the planet, the two Cults began to worship both Az-Sho and Vanida. The Faith of the Red Woman worshipped Az-Sho as the Extremity of Lust, Lust so strong that you literally burn inside out. Meanwhile the Children of Az-Sho began to worship Vanida as Goddess of Depravity. While only Lesser Gods and Antagonists at that they still recieve Power from the Worship.

The Children of Az-Sho even welcome a third God in their Pantheon. Corvus God of Knowledge. However his worship is weak right now and the single temple at the Snakepeak remains poor.

On the Ninth Continent meanwhile things go mad, Mountains start to shift and turn and then move, terrified even the Children of Az-Sho flee, offering a dozen Dragonborn as Sacrifice to persuade the Home of Az-Sho not to move. The Mountain Tortoises however do not prosper, harassed by Stonedrakes, they live a life of a constant plague of Stonedrakes slowly killing them from within. Being Tortoises their evolutionary roots are not forgotten and they finally wander into the seas, leaving  the Ninth Continent devoid of any mountain except for the Snakepeak, standing lonely on a mostly flat continent.

Entering the Seas the Mountain Tortoises are soon discovered by the Squiddles, who, seeing a Golden Opportunity tame the massive beasts, replacing the Forests with Kelp, killing the Stonedrakes for their meat. Soon whole wandering communities of Squiddles began to travel the Seas.

It was a faithful day when the  Coastal Dwarves saw one of the Mighty moving mountains return towards the Coast. The Squiddles meanwhile wondered that intelligent beings lived on the land. Soon contact was established and trade begun. Exotic Fish were traded for drakeflesh and Basalt. The Stone proved perfectly as a new Armor and for better Weapons. Soon Raids started on three towers in which after the years that had passed a new breed of Squiddle was born, it turned out that the Seaspawn could indeed mate with the Squiddles and that it genes proved dominant, swamping the towers with the larger Seaspawn. The Wandering Squiddles raided the towers capturing Seaspawn and bringing them back to the Coastal Dwarves selling them as slaves. Reluctant at first, the Seaspawn proved to be perfect slaves for them.

Both the Dark Squiddles and the Coastal Dwarves prospered under the slavery of the Seaspawn and their populations grew constantly. Soon however the Deep Squiddles discovered their own Basalt at natural heat vents and the raids came to a standstill. War ended but the Coastal Dwarves still required more slaves and so the Deep Squiddles began to breed Seaspawn and trade them to the Dark Squiddles.

Soon however the Coastal Dwarves were plagued by something horryfing. Nightly Raids of Shades caused panic. Beings seemingly invulnerablem, getting more and more if you attacked them, until it was discovered that the Seaspawn, carrying a drop of divine blood were able to kill them. However in the Darkness of the Eclipse and Moonless Nights these beings were more powerful than ever and could merely be driven away, due to this the Shades remained a constant threat to the Dwarves of the Coast.

In Eversummer the Number of Fjortun began to grow. Now a Common sight in the Capital Of Hadria they mostly worked as Farmers. A new wave of chaos began however when it came out that the Giant of Darkness had fathered kids too. Feared by the normal populace the Emperor of Hadria trained the Njôltun as his Personal Guard.

Far away from all that however something else happened. Another monumental battle, between Neyravah and the vastly empowered Udil. Filled with powers that not only healed him but raised him beyond mortals. He had become a Demigod. Armed with his Jötnite Sword, powering it with energies that were able to rend the flesh of an Elder God he charged at her at an unsuspecting moment.

Noticing the output of power Avarian tries toe xpel every single being from his temple to the bottom of the sea, but a Divine Duel follows rules of its own and his powers failed against the Rage of the Dwarf.

[6 vs. 2] Neyravah wasn't prepared for the first blow and the sword cuts neatly through Ravahs head killing one half of the twin god even before he can react. [1 vs. 3] The other head screeching in pain rips off the Dwarves Shield Arm and spitting it back at Udil toppling him over. [2 vs. 5] The screams of the Dwarf are cut short as the foot of the mighty dragon comes down on his chest, slowly crushing him beneath it. [6 vs. 2] Somehow freeing his arm Udil wildly swings at the paw severing several toes. Screeching Neyravah rears and Udil uses this moment to cut off the rest of the foot with a swing that could cut down trees. [5 vs. 5] His eyes filled with Rage he manages one last charge at the Dragon, who swallows him midflight. Silence for a moment. Then Sabt Golgo herself appears above the dragon and throws itself at him from above. [3 vs. 4] But Neyravah manages to react in time to spit a gush of Acid at the Spider, destroying most of its eyes. [1 vs. 4] Giving the Massive Spider no chance Neyravah rips out a sizable chunk of the massive spiders  thorax, ripping out several organs nobody really is sure of whether they are vital or not. [6 vs. 3] In that final moment the spider severly wounded before her, she suddenly starts to waver and then topples over, a weak heavily bleeding Udil exploding from her chest.

Where Neyravah falls, plants and trees start to grow rapidly, the blood of Sabt Golgo causing them to twist and change into mock life. While both are slowly healed, they are still weakened by the battle and need to spend power to heal themselves completely from the poisonous fangs of the Elder Goddess.
Meanwhile the entire Winter Palace starts to overgrow and gradually heat up, living plants and trees wandering about. And with the Death of the Elder God and the mighty powers released, mixing with the Blood of Sabt Golgo a god is born. Feros the God of the Wilds.

Neyravah has been slain!
Udil has ascended to Demi-Godhood. He has gained the Title Avatar of Wrath.
Udils Sword will be known as Lifestealer. By absorbing the Blood of Neyravah it has gained the power of sucking the life from the wielders opponents and releasing it into the landscape
Udil gains 2 Acts and 2 Life Acts
Sabt Golgo gains Two Mighty Acts and One Mighty Life Act
The Winter Palace heats up and is overgrown with a living forest. Only a Mighty Act can remove it.

The Squiddles discover Slavery,Stoneworking and Animal Husbandry.
The Coastal Dwarves discover Slavery and Animal Husbandry.

The Children of Az-Sho form the first Pantheon (Az-Sho Father of Fire (Headgod), Vanida Goddess of Depravity (Lesser God, Antagonist), Corvus God of Knowledge (Minor God))
The Children of Az-Sho die in droves in the battle between the Gods. They will only generate one Act for Az-Sho and a Minor Act each for Corvus and Vanida

The Faith of the Red Woman integrates Az-Sho into their worship(Az-Sho The allconsuming Depravity (Lesser God, Antagonist)
The Followers of Vanida die in droves in the battle between the God. They will only generate one Act for Vanida and a Minor Act for Az-Sho.

The Njôltun are born
The Shades are created
Feros God of the Wilds is born

Spoiler:  Entities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Gods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Bestiary (click to show/hide)

[/i]
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 04:13:35 pm by Ghazkull »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 17, 2013, 06:14:29 pm »

Corvus looked on the battle between the children of Az-Sho and the cult of the Red Woman. It was.....irksome.

"Why my fellow deities cannot simply agree to disagree I know not. The irony being my knowledge encompassing all knowledge in existence."

He looked onto his own temple, in Snakepass, before realizing that he needed more power. As a knowledge god, only believed in by old men, he would fade once they all fell. And he refused to die. He wanted to live on, even as a simple teacher.

"I only care to be a teacher. A god is simply a secondary duty to me."

But, before he went off to improve his chances, he went to the Crowblessed, his small cult, and spoke to them thus.

"I command you to help the Children of Az-Sho in anything without combat. I will not condone any one of you who assists the soldiers of either the Children or the Red Woman. We are impartial in combat, and we only help him on the basis of our agreement, and no more, no less. If any of you are to assist Vanida or Az-Sho in combat, you will be penalized. We are a neutral entity, and we do not condone war."

The Crowblessed nodded, and talked within themselves, considering their course of action to follow the orders of their god.

Corvus sighed, before disguising himself as an old human man. He set off, wandering as a preacher of Corvus, spreading the belief of Corvus.

"It seems that I will need to find other ways of increasing my power. I feel too weak compared to even the youngest god."

As a last precaution before he wandered to preach the word of himself, he sent some of his most intelligent worshippers to the land of the Children, telling the rest to stay at the temple and tend it as their own home.

He walked into the mortal world, looking for places to preach. He would not be back for anyone, Az-Sho, Vanida, or even the Overgod themselves.

Act: Disguise myself as a human, wandering among mortals and preaching the word of Corvus in the hope that I gain more followers.

Minor Act: Send the most intelligent Crowblessed to the Children, to aid them.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 17, 2013, 08:53:33 pm »

Aodun the Great Phoenix, Lord of Sunlight, has pierced the veil between the planes, claiming sovereignty over the Sun and the very primaveal elemental principle of Order whence it was born from. Shrouded in everlasting divine fire, the colossal form descends upon the first continent, turning everything in miles upon miles of its landing site to ash and striking blind anyone unlucky enough to be facing its direction at the time.

From the ashes emerges a titanical crystalline spire extending to the clouds and beyond; its purpose unknown, intense beams of white light seem to cascade from the Sun towards it, only to be reflected across the surrounding landscape in a prismatic shower of light , glassing it with its immense heat [1 Mighty Act - Astral Power Conduit: gathers excess power taken from the Aether by the Overgod].

The Great Phoenix then proceeds to ascend directly above the tower and, in a surge of terrifying power, briefly bathes the entirety of the world in ethereal light as its flames flare in an explosive burst that outshines the sun itself by several orders of magnitude, only subsiding once it finally retreats into its spire, wings tightly packed to rein in its awesome splendor; the flames do not, however, fade to their original intensity (2 Mighty Acts - Personal Enhancement: greatly increases the intensity of the flames surrounding the Great Phoenix's feathers, the light striking blind anyone and anything daring enough to behold it directly;
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 05:21:51 pm by Azthor »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 17, 2013, 10:53:16 pm »

Just to note, the Mountain Tortoises aren't (intended to be) affected by creatures making holes in their massive outer layers. Unless the Stonedrakes are so numerous as to eat practically the whole Tortoise, the Stonedrakes wouldn't do much. (Remember, the idea was that dwarves would carve fortresses into the Tortoises. Stonedrake tunnels would presumably be less destructive than fortresses.)

-----

Anyways...last words for Neyra.
Neyra, Ravah already lying severed by Him, looked at Udil.
"Why? Why did you do this? All We did, We did for your people. We gave you a chance to lead the dwarves. We gathered the dwarves to you. We gave you gifts--beasts to slay or tame--from which the sword you slayed me from was made!--Flamoaks to make armor from, Stonedrakes to carve your fortresses, and We even let you tame and move the mountains themselves! We brought you from a solitary hunter to the king of a mighty nation. Why, when We have given you and your race so much, have you repaid Us with death?"
Neyra stared into Udil's eyes as the great dragon's life fled. Neyra's last thoughts were:
Anger at this ungrateful mortal.
Regret for having made the dwarves so resentful of Their gifts.
Wonder if it would have been better to help the squiddles
Regret about not being to help anyone else
Troubledness as He slipped into the void to rejoin his other half...

-----

I can't help but be amused that my death caused a new jungle in a barren tundra.
Anyways. I'm going to resubmit as an Ascendant. Just a bit of info I'd like--unrelated, of course!--what happens to dead gods?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 17, 2013, 11:37:43 pm »

Vanida clenched her teeth in anger as she witnessed arrival of the new god. Arrival that most definitely would kill many mortals including her followers... Her followers that lost members day after day. She decided to protect mortals even if that would end in her own death. But help could wait, first she needed an army. Not the army of mortals, she would never use any mortal in that cruel way. Instead she would use her own children. Children that she hated. It wasn't her children, it was a spawn of Az-Sho. The only being Vanida truly hated

Gathering her strength she summoned all of her wyrm children, she bound them to herself she broke their weak will she turned them in her will-less slaves. Slaves that would fight even with the overgod himself to protect their mother, their master. Children that would die happily if Vanida will order to. Children that will listen to only her voice.

1 act: Turn the wyrms into loyal and obedient bodyguards. Block their ability to hear words of other gods,  ancients or ascendants

Another issue troubled her, too. Her grandchildren, seaspawn that were reduced to slaves. Something she couldn't tolerate ever. Leaving the safety of the planet wasn't an option, instead she concentrated a bit of her power and sent a message to several rebellious seaspawns across through the space.

" My grandchildren. I am Vanida. Mother of the first of you. You shall not be the slaves. Spread my words. Run away. Fight for your freedom. Seek Eversummer continent. Find dwarflike creatures that worship me. Say that you are from me. Say that you are grandsons of the Redwoman and beings of seas. Say that you are sent to ease their sufferings. Help them to run away from the inferno they live in. Be their friends and they'll teach you how to make deadly weapons and how to kill your oppressors with it

Let me tell about  gods, that you should respect, too
Me, Vanida, your mother, Goddess of lust, fire, passion and freedom.
Corvus, The crow. God of knowledge, ask for his help should you need knowledge.
Aldemas. God of shadows. Creator of the shades. Ask him for help when you need stealth or alliance with shades
And freshly born, Feros. The drake. The god of the wild. He have similar goals to my, he wants to bring true freedom to all mortals
Fear all other divine beings. They are not a part of that word unlike us, younger gods. Do not talk with them, do not worship them, do not name their name

Minor act. Send a light-speed message to worthy seespawns without leaving the safety of the planet

(Edit : expanded the message, I assume that it's not a huge retcon, if it is, ignore the last words)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 02:55:10 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 18, 2013, 03:32:43 am »

Udil had no regrets or pain. He felt only pride as he saw his great nemesis speak out theose last words.

"If not for me, dwarves would die, as they nearly did, in fear of your monsters and in thrall to your magics. We were created by a higher power that no longer exists, therefore we are free. Free under my rule and I shall have no one dispute it. Not even gods."

With those words Udil left the site of the great destruction and moved back to his home, for a long trek it would be. But in his current state? He was sure that it would not take long.

(More RP/actions to be posted here)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 11:45:48 am by Ardas »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 61