Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 61

Author Topic: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...  (Read 85926 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...
« Reply #660 on: March 12, 2013, 02:48:47 pm »

"The tides were fine before the moon was made. I suspect they will be fine afterwards."

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 12, 2013, 02:54:48 pm »

She nods, turning back to him.

"Then I would suggest you inform your people that I shall be relocating them momentarily."

The Goddess vanishes once more, reappearing hovering over the central point of the city of the crows, head turned up toward the sky. She is still for some time, waiting for Corvus to inform her that he has told his people of her actions, before making a gesture. The moon would be shrouded in a glowing, silver mist, and then vanish entirely, moving to the orbit of a habitable world near the edge of the Galaxy nearest the Ring.

Fatianna relocates the Corvid Moon from Dispair to an unnamed habitable planet on the edge of the Galaxy nearest the Ring. [1 Major Act]
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 12, 2013, 02:59:01 pm »

Vanida lowered her cheek on Volondor's shoulder. She was so calm, so happy, her natural reddish color slowly recovered as she was overfilled with love and a bit of Aodun's power. Even Feros words didn't disappoint happy goddess " My love, I think Feros can be a good ally.  He is young, rebellious  and passionate, He'll never accept any authority or rules above him, he will make mistakes similar to the ones I made but he cares about the planet, I see it. We should include him into our pantheon and explain our worshipers that wilds may be dangerous, may be an enemy, but wilds are not evil and should be respected not hated"
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 12, 2013, 03:03:56 pm »

He smiled as he heard her words.

"I think thats a very prudent and wise solution. I will teach our people of all other gods and put them in the hierarchy as its fitting, be it our allies or neutrals or antagonists. Lets hope we can mark as many as possible as our allies or neutrals."

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 12, 2013, 03:45:31 pm »

Death in flames, heat and pain beyond measure.  Deafened by the explosions surrounding him and blinded by lights so horribly intense that they burned away his very eyes.  Traurig felt himself slip away as he drifted into darkness and silence.  A final reprieve from a tiring slave life filled with his own short comings and failures.  It was the end for him.  He desired no afterlife for he was tired and could not bear the thought of existence any longer.  Corvus called out to his soul but so did the void.  He thought of how he had failed to impact the world.  How he had in no way left his mark upon it.  The friends and allies he had failed, so many now dead.  What had he done to deserve life when others had been deprived of it while he stood by idly.  The pull of the void was tremendous and despite the increasingly faint calls of his friend Corvus, Traurig no longer possessed the strength to hold on and he was swept away by the currents of time and strange powers from a time immemorial.  His soul faded away but in the grand cycle, nothing is wasted and his energy became something new in the darkness.

From out of the void emerges something new.  Not a singular entity as one might expect but instead a swarm of something...  Like a raging sandstorm through a desert, a mass of beings breaks through the tear.  Although they are many they are also one.  One mind and one drive of unknown purpose.

The Catalyst Swarm emerges from the void and begins heading towards the planet Despair.

Minor Act (I think): Once there delve deep into the ocean and form a Catalyst Hive (tower like structure for catalysts to dwell and reproduce) the hive will be a living organism in the shape of a tower made up of catalysts and with empty compartments inside like rooms.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 05:06:00 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 12, 2013, 03:57:08 pm »

Vanida kissed Volondor in his cheek, with a soft gentle kiss she wasn't capable before. That kiss had much more love than lust in it
"I desire you so much. I want to be taken by you just here and now  Goddess of Lust exhaled, like another Armageddon happened somewhere " But we can't. You are wounded and need to rest and not spend yourself on exhaustive passions. I need to stay fit  and can't allow myself to get pregnant until you'll recover enough to protect your family with all your might. And most importantly we must make a better world for our child, first. But, my Love, I want to hold a ceremony and announce our marriage  to mortals as soon as possible
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 12, 2013, 03:58:53 pm »

Corvus heard Volondor's words.

"So, he thinks he can make a feudal system, with himself as king.

At least this time I do not-

His eyes were drawn to the Swarm. A great many presences.

'...what is-are those?"

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 12, 2013, 04:02:22 pm »

She tilts her head, watching it as it moves toward the planet they had just recently vacated. "It appears to be a swarm."
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 12, 2013, 04:03:30 pm »

"Of...catalysts, things I cannot remember the purpose of.."

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 12, 2013, 04:05:06 pm »

She nods. "Nor can I, which confuses me to a point... One of us should surely know the answer, though their name suggests they facilitate some sort of change. Hopefully for the better."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 12, 2013, 04:11:43 pm »

"Hopefully.... I cannot sense Traurig now...

It seems I failed to bring him back from the void...."

The weight of years balanced on that sentence. The world-weariness of Corvus could be heard  easily. It was only now that the burden was made bigger by the apparent cowardice and bastardry of himself.

Of course, he quickly shook it away. His curiosity conquered his sense of failure.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 12, 2013, 04:28:56 pm »

"If you'd like, we may take a closer look. It's your call."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 12, 2013, 04:30:07 pm »

"Let it be, unless they turn to us."

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 12, 2013, 04:34:17 pm »

"In that case, we have a planet to survey."

She turns to face the world, looking down at it, expressionless.

"If I might make a suggestion... shall we name it Solitude?"

She continues to look down at the beautiful sphere below her, all blues and greens, nothing like the blighted wasteland that had become of the first Planet, unsullied, unspoiled. Beautiful.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 12, 2013, 04:34:57 pm »

"Indeed. Although, are we sure it is devoid of life?"
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 61