Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 61

Author Topic: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...  (Read 85956 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...
« Reply #600 on: March 09, 2013, 05:43:08 am »

Her hands fold together, nodding slightly.

"I shall do as I say I will... but for now, I must go. I cannot stay for long, as I cannot afford to stay in the open for long. I will be in touch."

She nods, reaching into her pocket and donning her cloak, shrouding herself from their senses, departing from the group silently.

She would appear again, moments later, on the edge of the Void.

"This should be a good enough gesture of goodwill as any."

She reaches out in front of herself, hair shimmering and shifting around her, before streamers of starlight erupt out of it, twisting and twining through space, piercing through the edges of the Rift and pulling at it, lessening it, as much as she can at the moment.

Then she turns, gazing at the guardian for a moment.

"I have done what I can. Hopefully it will be helpful."

Fate once again flickers away, her form rocketing away through the stars, arriving at a small planet well into the galaxy, a nice place, out of the way, where there was shelter, and life. There she would begin to work. This working would take some time, forging life from the aether.

Fatianna spends 1 Might Act to close the Rift a small amount.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 09:34:18 pm by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: March 09, 2013, 11:58:03 am »

Kar'lan thought for a moment.  There was something at the back of his mind that he soon recalled.  He then spoke, "There is something I have just recalled.  When I first entered this universe, I had to make a oath in order to pass.  The exact wording of the entity whom had me swear the oath, Sabt Golgo, was, 'You may pass if you swear an oath to aid me protect this world, and strengthen the defenses here - you shall provide new weapons or mortals to hold the Ring and man the weapons. Do not think you can shirk from this task.'  I realize I should have mentioned this earlier, but my mind was upon other topics until now, so I appologize for any transgressions that this may have caused."
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 09, 2013, 01:52:23 pm »

'This is understandable. The rift is a threat, and needs to be closed. I propose that we should put any spare power into this. For why would we defend this world only for more threats to appear.'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 09, 2013, 04:17:53 pm »

[6] Hacking and wheezing Gren makes for the deeper catacombs of the temple. Catacombs which prove indeed quite deep, filled with hundred of corpses of Crowblessed. Gren is already at the lowest point of the Catacombs when the whistling sound reaches it's height- and is replaced with a deep rumbling sound...a sound that comes closer and closer. Almost crazed by fear Gren huddles deeper into the corner he has retreated to, watching old mortar raining from the ceilings.

With a sound somewhere between chalk screeching on a board and the deep rumbling of an earth quake the massive stone fortress breaks through the ceiling upturning several sarcophagii on it's way and grinding withered corpses into pulp...a mere meter in front of Gren the massive construction comes to a halt.

Silence. Gren gasps for air in the thick dust cloud obscuring his view. Heavy thumping footsteps...a body comes into view...a massive body, it reels and crumbles in front of the dwarf.  A Black-skinned humanoid, his head pierced by a arm-sized piece of masonry.

Hyperion was sitting in the ruined remains of the Council Chamber. The mighty malachite table had broken in two as a Fjortun sized peace of masonry had crushed it. With barely kept restraint he listened to the Damage Reports.

" Mostly minor Damages First Sons. We lost some 50 Brothers and Sisters due to flying masonry and three of the Fathersguard where crushed beneath the Halls, otherwise it is fine."

A bulging vein on his forehead began to pulse and his already red skin took an even darker shade.

I WANT 'EM DEAD! YOU HEAR ME? I DON'T CARE WHO IT WAS! IT IS HIGH TIME THAT THE SONS OF THANEOS STARTED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE STATE OF THIS WORLD.

Brother...please, me and Kro-

No he is right Coeus. If the Gods think they can treat us like mere Mortals...us the Chosen of Thaneos...then they are wrong! It is high time we march to war!

" My Lords...we found another survivor among the RUins of the temple."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: March 09, 2013, 04:37:13 pm »

Aur-Sha had been dreaming, she hadn't moved from her hill, why would she? And she didn't wake often, after all, she seemd more aware of this galaxy when she slept. She had sensed many things in her sleep, a great hunger, a union of gods (one of which was her freind Corvus), conversations among other things, they bored her. But the actions of one god caught her attention, Vandia had called on some creatures to her, and something about these creatures seemed, familiar, as if they shared something in common with her. She didn't know why they would, since Vandia was apparantly one god that had been her fathers enemy, yet she felt a connection of some kind to this godesses children. Then se made up her mind and looked to the sky once more, "Corvus, please come, I have one more question for you." Perhaps she shouldn't bother Corvus so much, but this was something she had to know.

"Yes, Aur-Sha?"

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: March 09, 2013, 04:40:53 pm »

"Corvus, I have been seeing things in my dreams, and recently I have been seeing Vandia draw some strange creatures to her, and they somehow feel familiar, I was hoping you'd know why?"
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 04:43:23 pm by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 09, 2013, 04:43:04 pm »

"....they are Wyrms. I do not know why, but perhaps you are drawn to them as they are akin to you?"

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 09, 2013, 04:50:07 pm »

"Its more then that, I feel it (sigh), but if you truely don't know any reason I would think of them, then I'll figure it out by myself, I'm sure you have far more important things to do"
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 09, 2013, 05:12:04 pm »

And then brothers heard a maniacal laugh of Vanida. She projected it to them watching how her Wyrmchilds prepare for an assault

"It was me, Vanida. You, hoped to sit in the safety of your fortress while humans under you suffer and die? You was wrong. And no, you are not mortals, you are worse.  You are abominations I intend to destroy. Then then the world will belong to the races created by Murate. The wise creator, your cruel father killed starting the whole divine predation madness. Should Murate stay alive he would never allow all that.  "
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 05:28:17 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 09, 2013, 05:25:54 pm »

Aur-Sha curled up and went back to sleep, she had to know, she had to know why she felt a connection with them. Her dreams saw the giants fortress, after an obviusly serious earthquake. She saw the giants on the ground, and she saw the wyrms in the sky, maybe she could get he answers here, oh how she wished she was there. With that thought, unknown to Aur-Sha, a spectral image of herself appeared on a nearby hill, watching the wyrms and the giants

(Note: If she takes any damage or gets too scared then the image will disapear and she will wake as her instincts take over)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 05:44:45 pm by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 09, 2013, 06:37:32 pm »

For once, the Hunger started to subside, but the Rift remained as threatening as ever; the abomination may have been taken care of, but it wouldn't be long before another or worse surfaced. There was no option but to close the Rift for once and all before any more harm could come.

The situation could not be more auspicious, as one of the Elder had somehow found Their way to His Spire. A shame that it'd have to be the one who had so dutifully sacrificed himself to imprison the Ancient, but the Rift would not wait, and soon all'd be in vain if it was not halted as it was.

Aodun ambushes Vasvaldi where He stands, using His essence to fully seal the Rift so that no more of the Warped may escape into Creation. His work concluded, He returns to the plane he has taken from Grogonos to await another eon.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 01:38:48 am by Azthor »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 09, 2013, 06:48:20 pm »

Un'girlan howled in rage. The prison had denied his attempts to escape and even now the hunger raged at him, threatening to consume him. But the snippets of the Time God had given him power sufficient to stay alive a while longer, and there was always a gatekeeper.
It would have to be opened.

His death temporarily arrested, Un'girlan croaked experimentally. It's jaws stretched wide, wider, wider, until at last sound was forced out through untold orifices. The croak turned into a yell. The yell turned into a roar. The roar turned into an unceasing bellow, Un'girlan's frame vibrating with the force of it. It reverbated out of the prison and into the minds of those who could hear it - the gatekeeper and the mortals surrounding him.
Un'girlan bombards Udil-Valondor with an unending scream bearing only one message:
Openthegateopenthegateopenthegateopenthegateopenthegareopenthegateopenthegate
He also directs his call into the minds of particularly sensitive mortals, ie Ascendants and particularly intelligent folk, again bearing the same message.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 08:09:04 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 09, 2013, 08:48:38 pm »

Gren was dragged before the three giants by a pair of huge, dark-skinned men in armour.  For some reason he couldn't quite focus on them, or on one of the three giants.  The other two stuck out like sore thumbs, huge muscled men, one a deep scarlet from head to toe.  That one looked livid.  Before they could challenge him, the room shook with thunderous power as the goddess delivered her message.

When the aftershock had cleared the three giants began shouting at one another for several minutes before one of them pointed out the dwarf and they seemed to remember his presence.

"Who are you, dwarf?" the red one demanded.  "Why do you trespass in our halls?"

"He was hardly trespassing, he was a survivor in the city below," said the lightest giant.

"And a dwarf," added the third, whose skin Gren now realised was night-black.  "One of the children of Udil, and an enemy of the children of Thaneos."

Gren tries to raise his hands, but the Njortun either side of him held them down.  He calmed his voice instead, focusing on the light giant.  Something about that giant reassured him, even made his injuries feel less painful.

"Saving birth, I am no child of Udil.  He has lost my loyalty by his deeds and lack of deeds.  I came to this place seeking answers; some I found, some I did not.  The spiteful act that brought you here destroyed much of what I could have learned in the library below, but some knowledge may yet survive."  Gren brought himself up and shook his head slightly.  "Forgive me, I forget myself.  I am Gren Garnsson, and I am on a quest to try and save the world from the privations of the gods, mad as that may be.

"At first I thought merely to save it from their neglect, but the words of this goddess say otherwise.  I have crossed paths with her worshippers, bloody cultists who care nothing for life.  That she herself should be so callous, so mad, can be little surprise to any of us.  She strives to kill us all.  You say you are children of Thaneos?  She will destroy you for the crime of being his kin.  She will destroy me for straying from the gods; she may already have tried.  It may be that war upon her could be the only course."

Gren took a deep breath and tried to match eyes with each giant before he continued.

"Yet for all this there is a threat greater still, one that even the gods fear.  It drew me out upon my quest, for it seems the beast is not so strong against mere mortals as the divine.  I know not its name, nor its nature, but the frightful gods have revealed to me that it lies far above us, beyond the sky.  Listen now, listen to your hearts.  Can you not hear something calling to us, calling from beyond that veil?  I think it dares us to approach, taunts us.

"I have little cause to love the gods, you even less, but a threat that turns craven the divine is as great to us as any neglect.  I ask your aid in this endeavour, to help me find a way to stop this creature and perhaps in so doing a way to turn the tide against Vanidia and her ilk.  I fear that I have nothing to give you in return -"
  Gren's eyes suddenly lit up.

"No, wait!  There is something.  In the greatest days of Emeraldhome and Smoulderhome, Udil brought forth golems from his Life Stone, men built of stone and metal to serve him.  These golems were powerful, but tied to the life stone itself.  I am unable to build such things, but lesser creations akin to them I can.  If you can provide me with metal and tools I can fashion bodies, and I have learned the trick to bind them to a life force as well.  Without the life stone I cannot give them a life of their own, but a man or dwarf might be able to support two or three on his own without being seriously weakened, and command them through his connection.  Something with a stronger font of life might manage more, but I know of no such beings.

"Help me and I will make these - these - homunculi for you, I will teach you how to make your own.  I know not how they would fare as soldiers, but as tools and assistants they would be of great worth.  Help me vanquish this great threat to us all, and I will teach you all I know of this secret.  Help me, and I have no doubt you will find weapons on our quest strong enough to face Vanidia and protect yourselves from the predations of this goddess.  Help me, and your names will ring through song for the rest of time.  The fate of Despair, and both our kinds, depends upon you."

Gren attempts to solicit the aid of the giants in the Father's Halls on his quest to seek out Un'girlan, as promised to Corvus.  If they agree, he builds homunculi for them and teaches them how to build their own, as well as loading any surviving scrolls and books from the Crowblessed temple aboard the Halls to preserve them.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 09, 2013, 09:32:48 pm »

She feels it.

Something, burning through her protections, through her stealth... and the ferocious power behind it.

This was not good.

This was not good at all.

She had no time to waste.

She abandons her plans to create life, and instead chooses to live, to flee the being coming for her. Starlight flashes at her throat, and a scarlet gem pendant shines there. Immediately, this pendant would begin to beat back the affects of the Eye, and in fact of any artifact with its effect directed at her, preventing them from working when it comes to her.

But this would not suffice to save her. He would simply empower the eye more. She needed a place to hide... a place that he could not reach.

And then it came to her.

She vanishes once more, fleeing to the orbit of the Corvid Moon.

"God of Knowledge, I beseech you to grant me entrance to your lands! I am hounded by one who would destroy me, and would gladly offer any assistance I can in order for my safety on your world. I do not have much time before he comes, I have staved him off with an Act which renders him blind to me, and another that nullifies the affect of a creation he made to find me, but he will come soon... but if you allow me entry, he will likely not give chase - it would mean spending more power to reach me than could be gained by my death."

From here, her actions would depend on a few things. If the Crow let her in, she would descend to the world.

Fatianna creates the Star of Impotence, an artifact which negates the effect of any Artifact used against the wearer equal to the amount of energy held within it. [1 Mighty Act] She then flees to the Corvid Moon. [1 Minor Act]

((You're... really? O.O I'm... surprised. But not unpleasently. Thank you. I owe your reincarnation (if there is one) one.))
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 05:18:11 am by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 10, 2013, 01:30:45 am »

((Error, RP not found))

Vasvaldi leaves the safety of the Corvid Moon, and heads for the Spire of Aodun.

((Ragnarok. Change your turn. This was what was agreed on. I die in your place. Use your acts for something more constructive. 'kay?))
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 61