Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 61

Author Topic: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...  (Read 85870 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...
« Reply #330 on: March 02, 2013, 01:32:11 pm »

((Yay, I finally got accepted!))

-----

Nethalkar, the Mountain Dragon, Child of Feros, Child of Neyravah, Child of Nature, watched as the dwarves destroyed the jungles his grandparent(s?) had made, with bolt, axe, and plow. Unable to do anything for the few remaining drakes or to the dwarves, guarded by the Drakeslayer and the Alltraitor as they were. So Nethalkar waited.

When it felt the tremors caused by Az-Sho, the Great Serpent, Nethalkar feared for a moment, then realized the intent.
"Az-Sho does not hate the wilds," he thought. "And Neyravah gave him and his dwarves the Flamoaks and many other gifts besides. This must be a squabble amongst dwarven gods."
And so it was.

Nethalkar pondered what to do, torn between rescuing the few surviving drakes and helping the dwarves. At last, he made a decision.
"The drakes are good, but they are almost gone. I must let them go. Thus, I know my course...

Travel the Ninth Continent, searching for living Soultaken, or Seaspawn or other sentients for that matter. Even dwarves, if they want to flee Udil. Offer to take them to a safer land. Once I can carry no more dwarves or there is no more of the Continent to search, fly them to somewhere uninhabited on the First Continent. While in flight, tell the dwarves stories of Grandfather Neyravah.

-----

((What are you doing, Taricus?!?!))
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 05:56:15 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 02, 2013, 01:32:59 pm »

It was as if a million dwarven voices had cried out in terror and suddenly been silenced... in the underhomes, all at once...

It was the voices of shrieking dwarven women; and yet also of their confused and terrified babies clasping them tightly and hiding small chubby faces in their soft flowing beards; and yet still, those of the aged dwarves who wheezed out thin terror-gasps, half-doubting the falling rock around them to be some cruel mirage of senility, even until it had smashed them to jelly with horrid realism; and finally, it was the outrage of peaceful craftsdwarves, sending their wails and gnashing of teeth up to the heavens, not for themselves, but for all their precious and beautiful works that were being destroyed about them. They had stayed behind in their beautiful mountainhomes to create exquisite art, when the grand bellicose dwarven crusade stomped forth on its act of incalculable folly against the fireworm... and instant destruction was the reward of their peace-loving reticence.

The latter voices in particular, those of the peaceful craftsdwarves, rent the universe for their purity and selfless anguish at the destruction of art. And thus a god winked into existence in the great beyond, and was hurled at an unfathomable speed across the maddening distances of nothingness toward the gaping rift that had pierced the boundary of creation. The vast rift seemed to writhe with tendrils of energy, but as the new god drew close, he saw that each snaking tendril was actually an unknown power from the beyond throwing itself impetuously into the rift in hopes of being born on the other side. He thought to turn away from this destiny rather than face some of the savage entities that he observed eagerly streaming into that self-same rift, but alas, he had no control over the beckoning. Into the rift, then...

The heavens on the other side blazed with sizzling bolts and resounded with deep staccato thudding noises, as vast engines of celestial warfare mounted on a massive glowing ring spat deicidal energies into the onrushing hordes of otherworldly monstrosities.  He saw beings the size of planets melt away under the steady sleet of energies, and yet he was so small, the size of a mere craftsdwarf, that somehow he had soon flitted beyond the harrowing scene, toward a rather ugly planet scarred and pitted by various wars and disasters.

New to this terrifying and horridly unaesthetic realm of creation, he flitted in an unthinking panic behind the shadow of a nearby moon and tried to understand what had birthed him. Aha, the knowledge returned to him. It was the final screams of dwarven artisans, not for vengeance or wrath, but for restoration of their art. And his name was the sound of a mountain falling. But no, mortals could never pronounce that in their prayers. Volondor. That would have to do.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 07:53:39 am by Gervassen »
The way's paved with knaves that I've horribly slain.
See me coming, better run for them hills.
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 02, 2013, 01:44:25 pm »

"Who calls for the Crow God?"

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 02, 2013, 01:56:17 pm »

--redacted--
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 06:29:39 pm by Gervassen »
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 02, 2013, 02:00:08 pm »

"Wise fellow god. I shall consider your alliance.

For the moment...I must rest. My power has been used up to create this Corvid Moon, so I cannot talk for long."

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 02, 2013, 02:05:10 pm »

---
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 06:30:01 pm by Gervassen »
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 02, 2013, 02:07:27 pm »

"So far, there are naught. No god save Sabt Golgo, Taeri, the accursed Mutare, and I, to a lesser extent, have created astronomical bodies.

You must create your own....unless you wish to visit the otherworld, the other galaxy.

There lies many untapped planets. I have no power to go there myself and not leave Ravenas in danger, but you may."
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 02:17:29 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 02, 2013, 02:11:24 pm »

Vasvaldi was prowling in the Aether, hunting lesser beings and avoiding the predations of those far greater. Suddenly he felt a sensation that he was unused to. Whispers from the beings around him called it 'warmth'. Warmth emanating from a crack. A crack in the skin of the Aether. Leading to a place where the dreams of a being could be made manifest. Where they could grow and prosper.

Vasvaldi approached the tear. He was the strongest of the beings interested in what was on the other side. Those larger either had not noticed or did not care. There was a veritable flood of lesser things rushing into this Place. Vasvaldi basked in the warmth of this place beyond. And bore witness to the Thing beyond. The carnage and the chaos as the flood of Others passing through the rift were cut down by weapons beyond. Not terribly strong weapons, but far too strong for them.

Shouldering his way past the lesser beings, he then entered this universe first dreamed by Mutare. Making no hostile moves to begin with, he growled in the direction of the Ring. The growl became words as it reached Sabt Golgo.

"Allow me passage, Guardian. I will help you seal this opening."
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 02, 2013, 02:36:33 pm »

The weapons had ceased, for a brief, blessed instance. Remnants of dead would-be gods and stranger beings littered the center of the Ring, some being slowly absorbed into the Void. The Mirrorborn did not need rest physically, but their minds were being worn down by the ceaseless slaughter. Sabt Golgo had not paid any heed to the rest of the universe since the attacks begun.

Now, there was one who attempted to communicate. Sychasis was ready to fire, she knew - she could destroy this creature and use its power to strengthen her defenses. But if it was telling the truth... she supposed there was little harm in hearing it out. A psychic shockwave raced back across warped space and reached Vasvaldi;

Why should I trust you, invader? Why have you come?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 02, 2013, 02:49:46 pm »

Visvaldi pondered for moments. He could feel the pressure of beings from the other side trying to get around him. He knew that if they did, the weapons would fire again and he might be wounded in the crossfire.

"I came because the warmth of this place drew me. I came to avoid the cycle of events on the other side. You should trust me because worse things will follow me, and I am offering to help prevent that. You should trust me because our fight would cast one of us into oblivion needlessly. You need power to seal this rift. My death might provide enough, but my life will provide more."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 02, 2013, 02:56:11 pm »

The Spider was tense. One part of her wanted to give the command to continue firing, and to prepare Sychasis for its true purpose at last. She forced herself to listen.

A pact. I will require a pact. You will swear to aid me and use your power to heal the wound and defend this universe. Or you will be destroyed. Choose quickly, quickly.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Gervassen

• Bay Watcher
  • Be aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 02, 2013, 03:10:43 pm »

-
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 06:30:20 pm by Gervassen »
Listen up now...

-- Babycakes

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 02, 2013, 03:11:49 pm »

Corvus tried to smile, but his beak prevented it.

"I wish you luck, Volondor. May the crows aid you."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 02, 2013, 03:14:33 pm »

If I can't get any dwarves to come along with me due to being teleported here or there, head to the spire alone.

Why is everyone trying to save the dwarves from Udil at once, anyways? Nethalkar would express this IC, but he/it/whatever hasn't been made aware of how many gods are trying to do so.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 02, 2013, 04:01:10 pm »

"A pact then. As offered, I will help you seal this rift with my power. And you, for your part will not turn your weapons against me.

Vasvaldi opened his mouth and sunk his teeth into one corner of Existence, beside the rift. Tugging it further closed and letting forth his power, to enforce the seal between two edges of Existence. His power dripped through his saliva and patched the torn edges of Existence together. Within moments, it was as though the Rift had always been that way. Smaller, but still as potent and dangerous. Still, it would not do to attempt more. He needed to maintain enough strength to defend himself incase the Guardian was ...opportunistic.

A small patch, for now. But it was a multitude better than the way things were before.
The gesture of compliance complete, Visvaldi padded forth from the Rift, remaining corporeal until he passed by the Ring.

"This will take...time. Time I trust we both have?"

1 Mighty Act: Partially seal the Rift.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 61