Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 61

Author Topic: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...  (Read 85851 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...
« Reply #225 on: February 19, 2013, 09:59:56 am »

'I fear for now we are both deer..... but I hope our alliance will prosper. Let us wait and see if any others will join our cause.'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 19, 2013, 03:58:54 pm »

Is that a dragon in the distance helping my fellow seaspawn?  I must think of a way to repay him in the future.  Perhaps with wealth (cough cough)?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 07:49:07 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 19, 2013, 08:48:33 pm »

'I fear for now we are both deer..... but I hope our alliance will prosper. Let us wait and see if any others will join our cause.'
"There is one SeaSpawn, who has the potential to ascend in strength; who wishes to free his brethren. Like Udil once was, he is mortal, but possesses great determination and the wish to help my Shades. He may soon raid the town and free the Slaves of the Coast.
His mortal ties may allow for him to ascend to leadership among Squiddles, and may prove to be a Great Ally for our cause."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 20, 2013, 03:07:25 am »

Then let us speak to him. How do you believe he would react to cooperation with a dragon?
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 20, 2013, 05:29:04 am »

"He seems determined to do anything, as long as his people are stronger as an end result."
*Aldemas calls out to Traurig*
"Traurig, the God of the Wilds wishes to speak with you in conference."

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 20, 2013, 03:23:40 pm »

How may I be of service?
Sure thing peanut man!

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 20, 2013, 04:43:59 pm »

'Do you wish to free your people mortal? I sense potential in you, and I believe an alliance may be possible. Tell me, what is your goal?'

Sigtext

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 20, 2013, 05:00:24 pm »

My main desire is to free my people and unify the sea races into a single unified nation under the waves.  After this is done and I have some actual power to contribute to the alliance, I would be happy to help in some way.
Sure thing peanut man!

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 21, 2013, 04:29:32 am »

'Your first goal indeed I may aid you with in time. The second? It is not my place to judge. Your freedom is your own, to do with as you will.'
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 10:02:47 am by sjm9876 »

Sigtext

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 21, 2013, 09:23:46 am »

The Spider receded into the depths of her Ring slowly, the blood and power of the lizard-creature suffusing her, making her feel - bizarrely - dizzy. The Shattered still reigned, but she cast them out without much thought. They would fall to the planet, scattered around the world - they'd cause trouble for the mortals in their madness, but she cared little. The Ring was reclaimed for the Mirrorborn once more - her true children - and she was satisfied. Or would be, soon enough. As she began healing herself with the lizard's power, she considered the world.

There was the troubling matter of the life on Sychasis - and the lustful goddess. They would not discover its true purpose, but it was troubling. She had been driven from the first world by the creature Az-Sho. That was perhaps something she could use. Sabt Golgo had no great hate towards either, no more than she did towards any immortal.

With the healing finished - she was sad to feel part of the lizard's power spent - Sabt Golgo crawled from the Ring, moving to Sychasis. Her vast body towered over the once-barren world, though the wyrms seemed oblivious to her. The Spider sent a thundering mental message running around the world;

Lustful goddess, show yourself. You have brought life to my barren world. This pleases me, but it remains my world, and you will leave if I so wish. Why are you here?

1 Mighty Life Act: The Spider heals herself, spinning new starlight for a body.

No Act?: The Spider banishes the Shattered from the Ring, scattering them all over the world - unharmed and quite mad.

The Spider approaches Vanida on Sychasis.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 22, 2013, 07:35:52 pm »

With the dark god banished Udil set about organising the coast of the Ninth continent under his power. Truly, the dwarven cvilization grew and it was a sight to behold.

With conquest of the shore and unification of coastal dwarves under Udil's rule, all slavery is abolished. Coastal dwarves are to build a city on the coast which will be the symbol of Udil's conquest.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 23, 2013, 03:36:19 pm »

In the Father's Halls, Thaneos stirred. He had waited for a long time, but now was the time to strike. While Vanida lay in exile, it was time to unify Eversummer once and for all. He felt some guilt for the red woman, whom he had been forced to abandon, but he only did what he must. His giants were already mixing with the Imperial population, spreading his blood throughout the populace. One day, their power would run in the veins of all Hadrians, and perhaps even all humans under his protection. For now, however, he had to focus on the matter of that pesky Coalition. They shared his faith, but they did not share the rule of Hadria; that was worrying. Unity meant strength; division amongst the humans broke that strength. He also had to remedy with the matter of the mixed faith of his humans. It would be done, all in good time.

He chose to first solve the problem of agnosticism and the faith of the red woman. For that, he created a new branch of his priesthood; the Holy Inquisition. Their duty would be to ensure that all inhabitants of Eversummer believed in him. He was not concerned with eliminating the other faith, as long as Vanida's followers paid him homage too; and as such he made the Inquisition not an order to exterminate other religions, but to convert those who did not associate his name with that of a god.

Once that was done, there was the matter of the Coalition. The Empire would rise and rule over all of Eversummer before he was done with it. They already had a severe advantage over the members of the coalition - numbers, weaponry, organization and unity were all in their favor against the coalition, which was a glorified confederacy, but he wished to make sure the war would be swift and one sided. A long, dragged out conflict would only inflict unnecessary deaths upon humanity; he wished to unify the continent's governments, not wipe out all inhabitants who did not obey to the Emperor. As such, he created two more weapons for the empire to use.

The first, he named the Father's Steel. It was a new alloy of steel, which he created from scratch using his fire essence. The alloy was a dark red metal, extremely hard, which could be made formidably sharp as time passed. It was all-round superior to steel in nearly all ways, save for one; if a man who did not follow Thaneos's cult attempted to wield it, it would be as effective as copper weaponry.

The second was a living thing. Eversummer was a land of gentle hills and vast plains; a land where fast troops could dominate the battles. He had heard that, in other continents, sentient beings rode over beasts to grant them an advantage, but he had another idea.

He created beings which walked on four legs, like the domesticated bulls of the humans, but had the upper body of a human and the horns of a bull. He did not create beasts; these creatures were intelligent, although not quite as much as the humans, to compensate for their formidable physical ability. Indeed, these creatures weighed well over a ton [I'm talking metric ton here] of muscle and bone. He spent some of his powers to make sure the beings, which he decided to call the Karas, would integrate seemingly naturally in the imperial society - their population skyrocketed to represent about a quarter of the empire's, and integrated them as normal citizens without the humans getting alarmed by this. While the majority of them would be farmers and townsfolk, like the humans, some of them would join the Order and reinforce the imperial army, which was just what he needed.

Once the Inquisition had been formed, the Father's steel had been spread throughout the imperial army, and the Karas were a part of the society and the troops, he made the final move. He gave the order to the Emperor in the man's dreams to invade the Coalition, with the mandate of heaven to do this without arming the innocents or doing unnecessary violence - solely what was needed for victory. He also gave, with the strength he still had, godly favor to the invading armies, granting them uncanny luck in their campaigns.

Once that was done, he returned to his Halls, and rested.

Thaneos creates the Holy inquisition (one act), the Father's steel (one fire act), the Karas (one act), and integrates the Karas into imperial society (one act), before sending the empire of Hadria to war against the Coalition,  granting its armies uncanny luck.

Spoiler: The Holy Inquisition (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Father's steel (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Karas (click to show/hide)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 23, 2013, 04:28:28 pm »

"Traurig, I wish to speak with you...
My power is waning, and it will be hard to fight the oppression of your people without any major offense. I wish for a Blood sacrifice, to give me enough power to aid your cause, and boost your strength.
However, what is sacrificed is up to you..."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 23, 2013, 04:29:13 pm »

Wow, Shootandrun, great Karas picture. Did you draw that?

Also, is Karas singular or plural or both?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 23, 2013, 07:51:01 pm »

Aldemas, while I would prefer not to end life if it can be avoided, I understand your great need and consider this to be a reason worthy of more drastic measures.  I do not currently have anything to sacrifice but I will make it a top priority of mine to capture something for you to drain energy from very soon.
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 61