Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22

Author Topic: Golem Smith  (Read 24751 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Golem Smith
« Reply #300 on: February 04, 2013, 07:19:19 pm »

Proficitis cum eo.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 04, 2013, 07:24:00 pm »

Sprechen mit leitender Schreiner bitte?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 04, 2013, 07:56:19 pm »

sorry about that, modem died and needed to go and deal with that. Then it turns out my wireless router was broken and here I am now. Just give me aabout half an hour and I'll update.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 04, 2013, 07:57:28 pm »

Praise the Universe Golem!

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 04, 2013, 08:00:04 pm »

Yay, I'm happy(er) now.
Sure thing peanut man!

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 04, 2013, 09:49:05 pm »

You walk over to Jacob Mire, the head carpenter and man who organized the whole festival. He grins when he sees you, a large mug of a local brew in his hand.
"Ah! Johnson! Come 'ere will ya?" He shouts. As you approach he slaps an arm around your shoulder.
"You've got a big job today you do! You have to greet our favorite guild representative." He hold his mug out to you.
"You're 18 now, take a swig to ease the stress!" He says, completely full of good intent.
"I'd prefer not, but thank you." You decline, as you would prefer not to be inebriated for the ceremony where the village presents their gift to the guild, in this case your golem.
"No? well at least sit down and talk." You tae his cue and have a seat at his table next to him. The outside air is crisp.
"Now, John, I feel that I am obligated to tell you this. Your life has just now truly begun, your training for your job has ended and now your first true test is coming today! You should be as hapy as you can, don't think about whether he likes your golem or not, just think of how proud you are that you made it." You nod, spending the next hour socializing and winding down.

You hear a high pitched horn off in the distance, soon a few more chime in, becoming a grand chorus of sound.
"Ah! that would be the signal, The representative is coming! quickly, prepare your golem, we have the cloth to drape over it stored safely in the workshop next to it." Jacob tells you. You quickly get up and rush over to your master's workshop, heading into a storeroom where you stationed your golem.
"Come." you say to its still body, slowly itturns to you and takes a step forward. Following you out of the dimly lit room. You pick up the simple beige cloth from next to where it was standing, hurrying outside and to the stage. Your golem walks up the stage and stands there.
"Wait." you say, draping the cloth over the golem. You notice that a crowd has begun to form near the arches where the guild rep will ride through. You catch a glimpse of him, His white hair is short and well trimmed, his robes are royal red with thick gold colored trims. An image of the sun is sewn into the back of the robe in yellow. His face is wizened with age, but his youth still shows. He rides on a tall muscular white hrose, followed by a horse drawn wagon with several members of his guard nd entourage inside, as well as several knights riding on horses behind him to ensure his safety. He travels through the arches with dignity. You quickly get off the stage and stand alongside your master as well as other important people lined up for the quick ceremony. He rides over and drops off of his horse, walking over to your cluster bearing a regal stature.
"has it been a year already!?" he greets the mayor this way, cheerily. They shake hands in delight and he now steps to you.
"Well, aren't you a new face around this group?" this is in fact your first time standing alongside your master for the festival.

What do you say to him?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 04, 2013, 10:40:50 pm »

Greet him respectfully, introducing yourself as the newest golem maker in the village.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 04, 2013, 10:44:10 pm »

Greet him respectfully, introducing yourself as the newest golem maker in the village.
That works. Start by saying something like, "Yes, I am."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 04, 2013, 10:49:03 pm »

That works. Start by saying something like, "Yes, I am."
+1
Sure thing peanut man!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 05, 2013, 03:18:57 pm »

+1
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 07, 2013, 08:30:09 pm »

Sorry about taking a while, I was gone because stuff.

"Yes, I am sir."
"Ah, must be a newly accomplished apprentice.... whose apprentice are you?"
You respectfully point towards your master.
"Oh, so you're the apprentice of old Tobias then? Splendid! Every new apprentice here presents a gift, but let's hold out on that till right before the dinner, shall we?"
Jacob steps over to him, whispering something in his ear.
"What!? The dinner is in ten minutes!? Well you could have told me that! Alright then, time for a ceremony of a speen never before seen!" He hastily steps onto the stage and up to his speaking platform.
"Greetings town of Faircliff! As with every year that I visit, I see the festival gets grander every time! I speak on behalf of the King's royal Ardent guild, the defenders of the land, the warriors of the sun, we have never ceased our leadership. This year I bring great news from the capital! The war against Pellota has ceased! Our warriors efforts were unprecedented and we easily defeated them. Let this be another reason for our feast tonight! Give or take ten minutes, you know what I mean Now, to the quick part of recieving the gift." He flips around, you take this as a cue to hop onto the stage and head to the back of the stage where your golem is covered in cloth. You grab the cloth, throwing it off and revealing your clay golem. He steps up to it with a long stride, examining it.
"Splendid!" He pats you on the back. The crowd shortly cheers after his approval, knowing that if the guild is pleased they will be too.
"Nice work lad."

10 minutes later, you are already at one of the long dinner tables outside, lighted by the nearby fires in the dusk. Everyone is happy and having conversations about events, who is coming back from the war, what last year was like, etc. You stuff yourself with fruits, vegetables, and meats. Some rare kinds of meat were even imported from travelers visiting the town. Overall, you're completely full after the night's feast. Finally, after the crowd has died down, people entering their houses, and generally winding down for the night. You see that man from the Ardent guild, sitting alone with a glass of wine in his hand, relaxing on a bench overlooking the cliff this town is stationed on, looking down at the forest, and other places beyond that. You approach him.
"Sit down boy." You sit down on the other side of the bench.
"Good, now, I think I'd like to talk to you." His tone is much more solemn.
"You see this world we're in?" He holds his hand out, slowly waving out at the forest below.
"It's dying." He takes a sip from his wine.
"I guess it's more complicated than that, but that's what's happening. Just know that One, just one, insignificant, forgettable, single speck of rot can ruin everything. That rot is what is happening to our planet now. I take it you're wondering why I'm telling you this." He takes another sip.
"I just know that I have to tell you this, I dont know why I do, I just know I must." He finishes off his wine.
"It feels as though all of our time in this village is very limited."

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 07, 2013, 08:38:37 pm »

ok.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 07, 2013, 08:55:10 pm »

Flee the village!  This seems to me like foreshadowing that the village will be attacked.
Sure thing peanut man!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 07, 2013, 09:48:18 pm »

ok.
So, "I wasn't expecting this so much and so suddenly that I really don't know what to say...just, sort of, 'ok, I heard you'."

Flee the village!  This seems to me like foreshadowing that the village will be attacked.
Or in other words, "Wait a second, does this means your feelings tell you...the village will be attacked soon?!"
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 07, 2013, 09:56:43 pm »

"Hmm, sounds bad. I wonder how long before we kick its rotten ass."
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22