Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22

Author Topic: Golem Smith  (Read 24808 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Golem Smith
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2013, 05:34:32 pm »

Not compared to many other weapons *cough* warhammer *cough*.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2013, 05:36:05 pm »

*Read OP* we not in warhammer.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2013, 05:36:32 pm »

Not the bow because it lacks in power. You want something with a decent kick behind it for your weapon. If we go ranged weapons we should get something like the javelin launcher from LFR.
Don't you like to chop off  void walker limbs using copper broad heads?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2013, 05:37:54 pm »

Yes I do, although I have always been partial to ballista chokepoints. Also I'm trying to garner support to get a warhammer, not saying this is warhammer. I don't even play any warhammer. I don't know the story.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2013, 05:46:29 pm »

Yes I do, although I have always been partial to ballista chokepoints. Also I'm trying to garner support to get a warhammer, not saying this is warhammer. I don't even play any warhammer. I don't know the story.
Warhammer in a nutshell:Everyone doomed and the Tyranid are fleeing from Kirby.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2013, 05:54:15 pm »

Lets take the bow.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2013, 05:55:10 pm »

It's all relative, but longbows beat armored knights. (Not always, but the arrows penetrated the armor, which should indicate stopping power behind the arrows.) They're not weak.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2013, 05:57:04 pm »

It depends on what you are talking about. Bows are precise and can take armored knights by exploiting weaknesses, but they still lack in actual force.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2013, 05:59:32 pm »

Warhammer in a nutshell:Everyone doomed and the Tyranid are fleeing from Kirby.
Which mean because everyone else in warhammer is a jackass, the Tyranid are the setting good guys.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2013, 06:08:33 pm »

A ha ha no.

I'm talking about full-scale battles here. If the knights couldn't reach the archers in time, the archers would fill the sky with arrows. It killed the men, it killed the horses.
That's not aiming, that's power.
For a random example (the first specific one found with Google-Fu), take the Battle of Shrewsbury. "Thomas Walsingham recorded how the King's men "fell like leaves in Autumn, every one [arrow] struck a mortal man"." So, each arrow killed or mortally wounded. Really weak, neh?

Anyways, swords don't do well against armor either, so your argument is invalid.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2013, 06:10:06 pm »

Massed archers are indeed great, one of my favorite strategies. However, there's only one of us.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2013, 06:20:47 pm »

Massed archers are indeed great, one of my favorite strategies. However, there's only one of us.

To bad we can't just pick NUMBERS as our weapon. I hear that's pretty good at winning wars.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2013, 06:24:03 pm »

To bad we can't just pick NUMBERS as our weapon. I hear that's pretty good at winning wars.
"2+2=/=4" "What! No! I have be defeated!"

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2013, 06:25:58 pm »

Create a math based war system.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2013, 06:32:18 pm »

As it so happens, a hundred longbows don't magically penetrate armor better than one longbow.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22