Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22

Author Topic: Golem Smith  (Read 24809 times)

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
Re: Golem Smith
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2013, 07:12:38 pm »

Anyway, after being distracted by the almighty power of youtube I am now ready to continue with this.

so, there's two votes for sword and shield, one vote for two handed sword, and three votes for bow and arrows. These will generally effect how you battle, note that where you will use the short sword for sword and shield, you could also use a mace if obtained, and for a two handed sword you could use a greataxe, or a two handed warhammer. The current weapon is the only ones available now, just like golem parts and runes.
I'll explain how battles work now, and how each weapon type works.

In a battle, you can either be in two positions, far, or near. Near is used for melee attacking, and far for ranged and magic. (You however, will not be using other types of magic. While all types of magic use the language of magic, it takes years of practice and learning of each different type, only now you were able to make a golem with your magical knowledge, and it would take another 10 years of apprenticeship in order to learn another type.) where in melee combat, there are 3 stances. offensive, counter, and defensive. what happens in a round is determined by percentages, where offensive will be more likely to hit the enemy, but you will be largely defenseless. counter will cause you to be less likely to take damage, and if you block the attack you will deal damage back to them. Defensive will be the least likely to hit the enemy, but you have a very high chance to prevent damage.
Ranged is very similar, but only has offensive and defensive (think, focusing on dodging instead of aiming).
The exact percentages of each depend on the weapon, where two handed weapons have low defensive, high offensive, one handed (with shields) have low offensive, slightly better counter, and high defensive.

(it happens that I was ninja'd by 12 posts.)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2013, 07:18:32 pm »

Just stand there watching your master for 10 years while we learn magic
In all seriousness though, I would then vote for Greatsword (warhammers!)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2013, 07:29:13 pm »

Sword and shield.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2013, 07:31:18 pm »

Aww I really want to learn combat magic.  Hmm well it still could be a long term goal after we set ourselves up a bit more.  If there is a way to gain immortality in this game then time will have relatively little meaning to us and we can go and learn whatever magic we want.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2013, 07:42:31 pm »

Not saying now. Later we can get different weapons.
Ah. Fine by me.

Also, why would we be given a high quality bow as our starting weapon?
Because people like golemsmiths don't like to skimp on quality?

Still Bow.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2013, 07:44:11 pm »

Just from a more meta standpoint, our starting weapon should be one of the worse we get, because we need to work our way upwards. I guess bow is fine though.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2013, 07:55:02 pm »

Just stand there watching your master for 10 years while we learn magic
In all seriousness though, I would then vote for Greatsword (warhammers!)

Vote stands.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2013, 08:09:20 pm »

Still seems like bow and arrow are the majority, so that is what it seems we are to be using.

"I usually used a bow and arrows, you should have remembered that." you pick up the bow and quiver, slinging them behind your back. You walk out the door, your golem following behind you.
Walking through tow you see various villagers, all usually friendly, and all usually helpful. You pass by without much notice of them, and walk down the mountain path, a few birds singing in the sparse trees. You eventually get to a much grassier forest, heading down a trail, slowly walking off the path, you do not fear of getting lost for you know these woods very well. After about half an hour of searching the woods, you see in the distance a Stag deer, its horns just beginning to crop up from its head. You pull the drawstring back, preparing to catch the deer by surprise.

Standard hunting bow and wooden arrows- offensive 75% to hit, defensive 45% to avoid damage, 30% to hit. Damage is 1d8 + 2
(Think of battle it like this- you have a percentage chance to hit, and you succeed in your aim, but it also has the opponent's chance to avoid damage counted in there as well, so even if you shoot on the mark, they can still dodge.)

Your HP-20
Your golem's HP- 9

Stag HP- 11

For battle, you simply tell the battle style you are choosing (defensive or offensive) and the amount of turns you think you should do it that way. (say, offensive, 3 turns, or until it drops, or until you are injured to a certain point, etc.)
You also choose your golem's fighting style, or if you want it to stay out of battle for now. Your golem is melee, but you do not know the percentages for each type of attacking style.

(It's fairly simple, I just sound really convoluted when explaining things.)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2013, 08:12:25 pm »

Just go outright offense, what will a single stag do? We want to kill it before it can escape.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2013, 08:13:20 pm »

How does healing work in this game?  Both for us and for the golem.
Sure thing peanut man!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2013, 08:14:28 pm »

Also how much damage do different things do when they hit?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 20, 2013, 08:17:42 pm »

Just go outright offense, what will a single stag do? We want to kill it before it can escape.
+1
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2013, 08:20:39 pm »

I can explain healing now. For you, you could either spend 1 hour to heal 1 HP, or get a healer to spend 1 hour for 10 HP of healing. that's the simple way, there's also magical healing (which by the way, is very expensive. Healers are actual people trained in healing wounds, not magically poofing splinters into oblivion.)
For golems they do not heal naturally, after a battle you can repair them, depending on their size and material. Clay is the easiest to repair, and small golems are the easiest to repair, so the rate you would heal your golem is 50 HP per hour, or 15 HP per half hour for simplicity's sake. (Time is very important for this game, where you can spend weeks repairing and building golems. In due time, for now I am introducing you to the battle system.)

Oh, and I don't understand the question about damage. Material types and such will change how much damage is dealt, and that's pretty much it.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2013, 08:22:39 pm »

In that case +1 to offensive combat
Sure thing peanut man!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2013, 08:24:21 pm »

What I would like to know is how much damage will our bow do? How much will our golem do?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22