Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22

Author Topic: Golem Smith  (Read 24791 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Golem Smith
« Reply #210 on: January 27, 2013, 08:09:29 am »

You're trying to make a golem the size of a mountain, but my suggestion to make many teeny tiny golems and have them swarm enemies is ridiculous >.>

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 27, 2013, 08:30:27 am »

Nope, it's really a good idea.
Ultralisks and zerglings golems.
mmm...  :P
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 27, 2013, 08:46:39 am »

You're trying to make a golem the size of a mountain, but my suggestion to make many teeny tiny golems and have them swarm enemies is ridiculous >.>
As the brother of a miniature maker(for a short time) I can say that zerg golems are really difficult to make. The golem the size of a mountian, the making of it will be(relatively) easy, the moving part not so much.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 27, 2013, 10:10:17 am »

That's like saying the Pyramids were easy to make, while a wooden block in the shape of a pyramid is much harder.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 27, 2013, 10:15:09 am »

Altough zerg golems will take longer for sigils to be made.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 27, 2013, 10:30:35 am »

That's like saying the Pyramids were easy to make, while a wooden block in the shape of a pyramid is much harder.
It is, take(a lot) less time, but harder to get right.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 27, 2013, 10:35:03 am »

I'd like to know if we can make either.

It takes more labor to make the Great Pyramids of Giza, but it took a LOT less precision. Precision seems to be the factor Scapheap's worrying about, perhaps because we can always take more time for the labor but never for precision...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 27, 2013, 10:54:10 am »

If we make a lot of medium/small golems over the course of our game, then we can have them do a lot of the grunt work to make our pyramid giant golem.  Having a bunch of golem followers probably doesn't make us any more precise in making really tiny golems though.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 27, 2013, 11:00:33 am »

Well, we could make tiny golems and have those golems make more tiny vessels while we make more sigils.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 27, 2013, 11:07:50 am »

Well, we could make tiny golems and have those golems make more tiny vessels while we make more sigils.
That assumes that the golems can do more than "grunt work" (e.g. chipping off bits of mountain) when making a golem. And Fine golems need Fine sigils...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 27, 2013, 11:08:10 am »

It takes more labor to make the Great Pyramids of Giza, but it took a LOT less precision. Precision seems to be the factor Scapheap's worrying about, perhaps because we can always take more time for the labor but never for precision...
What GWG said.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 28, 2013, 12:35:51 pm »

It's probably best to help with festival preparations. Your size and strength could help with a lot of things. You are leaving that new golem indoors though, it's meant to be a surprise gift for the representative. You leave the workshop, slowly walking over to the stage where the head carpenter in town is directing the preparations, standing on top of said stage. He seems pretty busy due to the preparations being in full swing. Getting a closer look at him, you can see that he is quite old in fact, though still strong and nimble. His white hair is cut short, and despite the wrinkles his face holds he still has more vigor than you. You begin to ta;k with him.
"Master Jacob!"
"Ah, Johnson, perfect timing."
"Perfect timing? What do you need?"
"You see over there?" he points over to the side, crouching down to be at eye level with you. You instantly see three men trying to hoist up a wooden arch. You immediately recognize the arch as one of those unique things faircliff has. In an older time whenever the soldiers would return from a war, wooden arches would be built for them to parade their horses through. Later on, these same arches would be fitted together to make coffins for those that had fallen in battle and were returned. Eventually when the current kingdom of Pareo was established, war in this region, being completely submerged in the depths of the nation, completely stopped. The people of faircliff still desired to maintain their customs, so they resolved to use the arches for harvest festivals instead. That was many years ago, long before your master was even born. The arches stand about 10 feet tall and 6 feet wide. They are made of wood.
"Yes, what about them?"
"Notice how they can't get that arch up? Help them set up the arches. That'll quicken up the preparations."
You nod and travel over to them. Aiding by grabbing a rope and pulling. While you work, you sift through your thoughts to remember the limits of golem creation. You're glad your master taught you all this. You know that there is truly no limit to golem creation, as long as the sigil is created to fit the golem, as well as proper sized runes. There are in fact almost innumerable amounts of body types a golem can have, but you only know how to make humanoid ones. There are rare and difficult to draw runes which can grant a golem flight capabilities. There are an incredible amount of runes, simply because Faestal is a language on its own, where all types of magic combine two words of Faestal and cause it to be considered one.
Two and 1/2 days have past. The festival is today, where you are preparing for the Ardent guild representative to arrive. The festival is already started however, the people of the town enjoying themselves by drinking heavily and stuffing themselves with food. Normally, you would be joining them, but you'd prefer to not feel like throwing up as you present the golem to the guild rep. Overall though, it's a generally fine day.
(You could in fact, spend the whole time talking to people if you so please.)

Side note: This game uses days and months like our world today does. This by any means does not take place in a past earth, but it just seemed easiest to use the time system I know best.
It is currently September 15th. Your Birthday is on September 8th. (and yes, you can in fact age in this.)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 28, 2013, 01:31:07 pm »

What are the people of importance?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 28, 2013, 04:42:53 pm »

Wait. Golem-cities are possible?
Sweet.
Sig

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 28, 2013, 04:52:59 pm »

Possible but improbable.  Doesn't mean we shouldn't try though.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22