Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22

Author Topic: Golem Smith  (Read 24848 times)

Harry959

• Bay Watcher
  • Anti-Flanking Bomber Goat
    • View Profile
Re: Golem Smith
« Reply #150 on: January 21, 2013, 12:06:30 pm »

Why not a medium, sleek, wooden golem with spines, a cone head, and a wooden sigil? That's 2.25 days for the golem and another 1 for the sigil. It'll give the would-be assassins the worst splinters of their lives!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 12:08:31 pm by Harry959 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 21, 2013, 12:12:53 pm »

We can't ask our mentor to let us learn the other 3?
Because he's busy and we should be?

Why not a medium, sleek, wooden golem with spines, a cone head, and a wooden sigil? That's 2.25 days for the golem and another 1 for the sigil. It'll give the would-be assassins the worst splinters of their lives!
We're making a bodyguard, not an assassin.
Clay is faster and seems to give the golem more hit points. Why would we ever use wood if clay was available?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry959

• Bay Watcher
  • Anti-Flanking Bomber Goat
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 21, 2013, 12:28:26 pm »

Clay is faster and seems to give the golem more hit points. Why would we ever use wood if clay was available?
Actually, I think that wood might give a bonus to hit points. It would make sense since the only thing with a hit point modifier on it is clay, and the sigils have hit point bonuses on them for making them out of different materials. He might've forgotten to put the modifiers on for wood and sandstone under the body materials.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 21, 2013, 12:33:50 pm »

Actually, I think that wood might give a bonus to hit points. It would make sense since the only thing with a hit point modifier on it is clay, and the sigils have hit point bonuses on them for making them out of different materials. He might've forgotten to put the modifiers on for wood and sandstone under the body materials.
Notice, he put "*0.5 total time, *1 total HP" for clay, but just "*# total" for the others. My interpretation is that the "total" multiplier applies to HP and time to create.
Also, clay seems like it would be better at absorbing blows than wood would be.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 21, 2013, 12:39:31 pm »

Dry clay is brittle, wood bend a little with the blow.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 21, 2013, 12:40:53 pm »

Dry clay is brittle, wood bend a little with the blow.
Dried clay, yes. As long as it's not baked, though, it's still a bit malleable...and you can repair it more easily. Just pour a bit of water on the wound and reshape the clay.
Sig

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 21, 2013, 12:49:37 pm »

Go get a clay(baked)bowl and a wood bowl, now drop them. Which one can you drink soup out of now?
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 21, 2013, 12:51:41 pm »

Go get a clay(baked)bowl and a wood bowl, now drop them. Which one can you drink soup out of now?
neither,bother both hit the floor and are unusable until washed

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 21, 2013, 12:54:34 pm »

neither,bother both hit the floor and are unusable until washed
Say the demon of disease.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 21, 2013, 01:08:08 pm »

Go get an unbaked clay bowl, which is the kind of clay I was talking about.
Sig

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 21, 2013, 01:11:59 pm »

Oh, wow I forgot to mention this, yes, wood does have a little less HP than the other types, but it also isn't as receptive to damage. Clay takes a lot of extra damage from slashing weapons, but also reduces damage from blunt. (the clay is not baked, and stays in a malleable form)
Stone takes less damage from slashing, but extra damage from blunt weapons. (there's also piercing, but that doesn't do more or less on either)

One last thing, is that you always aren't going to have all of these materials, being that you aren't going to be carrying around a block of stone or clay the size of you. That's the basic gist of it, sorry for forgetting to say that.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 21, 2013, 01:20:23 pm »

So.

Wood does have less HP. (Told you so.)
Clay takes more damage from slashing weapons, but less from blunt and has more HP.
Stone takes more damage from blunt and less from slashing, in addition to having the same HP as clay.
Clay is the fastest of these to make, while stone is the slowest.

...I see why the Golem of Prague was made of clay, as will be ours.
Sig

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 21, 2013, 01:26:32 pm »

Wood does have less HP. (Told you so.)
*Ignore the more resistances in the first place part*

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 21, 2013, 01:30:12 pm »

Oh, wow I forgot to mention this, yes, wood does have a little less HP than the other types, but it also isn't as receptive to damage. Clay takes a lot of extra damage from slashing weapons, but also reduces damage from blunt. (the clay is not baked, and stays in a malleable form)
Stone takes less damage from slashing, but extra damage from blunt weapons. (there's also piercing, but that doesn't do more or less on either)

One last thing, is that you always aren't going to have all of these materials, being that you aren't going to be carrying around a block of stone or clay the size of you. That's the basic gist of it, sorry for forgetting to say that.

So can multiple materials be used like a framework or varnish?
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 21, 2013, 01:34:27 pm »

So can multiple materials be used like a framework or varnish?
No, he said we have to use 1.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22