Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22

Author Topic: Golem Smith  (Read 24833 times)

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
Re: Golem Smith
« Reply #135 on: January 20, 2013, 10:31:04 pm »

You figure a deer is good enough for now, lifting the corpse and laying it over your shoulders, you head back to the trail, proceeding up the mountain into town. You're confident that you did well in your hunt, and when you arrive in the town you see your master waiting in front of his workshop. You approach him. "Good job on that deer, how's the golem holding up?"
"It didn't fall apart."
"Good enough, now, you can just leave the deer here, I told the butcher you'd be coming back with game soon. Come with me inside." You follow him as he enters the old wooden doorway in his workshop. Inside is as familiar as it always is, the tables with carved parts of vessels and imperfect sigils of various materials lining them.
"I don't have anything else I have to teach you at this time, I believe that you might want to make a golem as a gift to the ambassador. Being that he simply would love another guard on his journeys. Really, it's a peace offering to prove that we are still on the side of the kingdom, and not any of its rivals."
You contemplate placing the skull of that deer on this next golem, it seems simple enough to do.
"Master, a question. What would happen if I attempted to make a golem out of bone, or with clay and bone parts within?"
"Well, that's a fairly simple answer. I recently told you of Faestal, what you should know is that Golem, is part of that language. It translates to Gol- False, and Em- Body, meaning False Body. Therefore, nothing that has been recently alive, as in, the past several years, can be created as part of a sigil or vessel, for some of the true body, or Palem, and true spirit of the creature rests within its parts, which only dissipates after years. The false body cannot take over the true body, and the magic simply has no effect. The reason you usually would not use bone for a golem's vessel is because the vessel can only use one material, and bones are several that need to be connected. As well as the fact that only a skilled golem smith could create a golem that does not need to be attached to its parts, requiring large amounts of wax and chalk for drawing the correct runes on the ground for holding the golem until the creation is complete. You could however, place the skull on top of the golem's head after creation for purely ceremonial purposes."

Now, you have a choice on what to do here, you could make a medium, or small golem. Your current golem is of the size tiny, and thus requires no large time. A small golem takes half the time that a medium golem takes to create, large takes double, huge, triple, and so on. Your current skills only allow you to make a medium sized golem at most. Different materials require different times as well, clay being the fastest of all of them. Now, crazy statistics and such shall be listed in the next post. They are a doozy.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 11:25:48 am by exolyx »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 20, 2013, 10:38:07 pm »

Do the size categories work like D&D? E.G, Medium is about human-sized and each size category is twice the size of the last and half that of the next?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 20, 2013, 10:52:55 pm »

That's right! stats everywhere BWAHAHAHAHA Ok I swear this is the only crazy annoying stat stuff you'll be doing

The totals of everything listed are added up.

Body sizes
Tiny- causes cost of time to be inconsequential, no dam. penalty on graspers
Small- Halves total, no dam. penalty on graspers
Medium- Standard total

Materials
Clay- x.5 total time cost, x1 total HP
Wood- x.75 total
Sandstone- x1 total

Bodies
Sleek- 2 days HP-15 (usually higher combat stats)
Bulky- 2.5 days HP- 20

Hands
Spine- .5 days 5 HP, 1d8 -1 (min. of 1) damage
3 finger Graspers- 1 day, 1d4 damage. can wield weapons.

Heads (different equips can go of different types)
Round- .5 days, 4 HP
Cone- .5 days, 4 HP
Spire- .5 days, 4 HP

Sigils Sigil HP counted differently, once golem's vessel HP is up, the golem drops into a 'broken' state that can be fixed. If sigil is damaged to point where its HP is gone, golem will be effectively destroyed. They are not penalized for size, but can get bonuses for size
Clay- .5 days, 10 HP
Stone- 2 days, 20 HP
Wood- 1 day, 15 HP

(and generally like D&D size categories, yes.)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 20, 2013, 11:02:49 pm »

Alright. Let's try a small sleek clay golem, with four arms (two with grasping hands and two with spines), a spire head, and a wooden sigil. That's:

(2+1+0.5+0.5)*0.5=2 days for the body
1 day for the sigil
Total: 3 days

Cool, and we can start over if we screw up!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 21, 2013, 09:38:27 am »

I say we do the same, but with a medium sized golem. We want to give our best effort as a gift, after all. Can we have 4 arms yet? Also can we use a different power sigil, or do we need to use Earth?

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 21, 2013, 09:41:07 am »

I say we do the same, but with a medium sized golem. We want to give our best effort as a gift, after all. Can we have 4 arms yet? Also can we use a different power sigil, or do we need to use Earth?

I want a sleek person sized Golem with wind power. Cone head too. We will have a assassin yet.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 21, 2013, 09:58:17 am »

They need a guard. So as cool as an assassin would be, I'd rather vote for a more classical protector now.

medium size, clay, bulky, round head, spike hand, water. stone sigil.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 21, 2013, 10:00:36 am »

They need a guard. So as cool as an assassin would be, I'd rather vote for a more classical protector now.

medium size, clay, bulky, round head, spike hand, water. stone sigil.

For now, yes.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 21, 2013, 10:01:28 am »

I would say sleek instead, it gives more attack.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 21, 2013, 10:09:41 am »

we need defence now. We're making a bodyguard: maximize protection.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 21, 2013, 10:23:49 am »

I want a sleek person sized Golem with wind power. Cone head too. We will have a assassin yet.
It's not for us.

How about a sleek Medium clay golem, with spines and hands, a spired head, and a wooden sigil? That's (2+0.5+1)*0.5 or 2 days, plus one for the sigil?
Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 21, 2013, 10:24:56 am »

It's not for us.

How about a sleek Medium clay golem, with spines and hands, a spired head, and a wooden sigil? That's (2+0.5+1)*0.5 or 2 days, plus one for the sigil?
+1

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 21, 2013, 11:28:16 am »

You currently do not have any other power sigils, only earth at the time.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 21, 2013, 11:34:11 am »

We can't ask our mentor to let us learn the other 3?

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 21, 2013, 11:37:34 am »

Dag nab it. Well Earth will be just fine for a guard.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22