Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 415083 times)

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #3810 on: March 06, 2013, 09:10:58 am »

Out of curiosity, why would Procella last longer than Cobbok?
It just seems that Cobbok would be more of a pushover and physically weaker god than Porcella, but thats just my opinion

On a side note this game seems to have slowed down dramatically
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: March 06, 2013, 09:12:24 am »

and you dont need a scientific explanation for everything. We are Gods and there is Magic...i think you can't really explain most of that with Scientific Stuff...but if you want to go ahead, just wanted to tell you in case you felt obliged to give your Soulcatching planet some kind of pseudo-scientific explanation.
How does a magnetic field affect souls, anyway?

Out of curiosity, why would Procella last longer than Cobbok?
It just seems that Cobbok would be more of a pushover and physically weaker god than Porcella, but thats just my opinion
Cobbok is basically the archmage to end all archmages, and probably wouldn't get into fistfights or whatever with other gods if he could avoid...
Oh, right.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: March 06, 2013, 09:27:03 am »

You can generally assume everything works with handwavium and magic...since we play a godgame...it runs on divine energy...*waves hand* these are not the questions you want answered.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: March 06, 2013, 09:51:36 am »

Ghazkull, since you're here, when can we expect the next turn?
Sorry if this sounds needy, but I feel like my heads gonna explode if things don't speed up
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: March 06, 2013, 11:07:06 am »

I just realized. Corvus and Cobbok (in his normal form) would look exactly alike, except for Corvus being a crow. But if he was human....

EDIT: This is what happens when I get bored. I present those stupid enough to look with Corvus!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 12:27:36 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: March 06, 2013, 12:43:35 pm »

Tzeentch! Lords of Change, just what we needed!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: March 06, 2013, 12:46:22 pm »

Corvus: Tzeentch's Pacifist Brother, Knowledge Jesus, Esq.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: March 06, 2013, 01:12:54 pm »

Corvus is so naive if he expected that Vanida will cooperate with him...
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: March 06, 2013, 01:22:37 pm »

And yet Vanida is more vulnerable than he is. Seriously, she rejected the only god willing to help her when she was right on the same planet as Udil and Aodun. Who's as hungry as fuck.

Naive as Corvus is, Vanida is a bit stupid for rejecting just about the only offer she'll get unless someone proves me wrong.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 01:32:26 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: March 06, 2013, 01:30:42 pm »

and you dont need a scientific explanation for everything. We are Gods and there is Magic...i think you can't really explain most of that with Scientific Stuff...but if you want to go ahead, just wanted to tell you in case you felt obliged to give your Soulcatching planet some kind of pseudo-scientific explanation.
How does a magnetic field affect souls, anyway?
Doesn't stop me from trying

Thought's in the brain are a sequence of synapses, which function by slight chances in their electic charge. This changes the surrounding magentic field by a miniscule amount. A strong magnetic field and a good sensors could read and preserve "souls" that way.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: March 06, 2013, 01:32:59 pm »

Or alternatively, the planet just captures the charges in itself and stores them.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: March 06, 2013, 01:39:35 pm »

Or alternatively, the planet just captures the charges in itself and stores them.
Then you'd just have a planetsized brain powered battery. You need to preserve the layout of the charges somehow, as well as the pattern.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: March 06, 2013, 01:41:02 pm »

That's where the magic comes in. It preserves the layout and pattern of the charges by some doohickey which you can explain by electrons and shit, storing it in the planet rather than the atmosphere to prevent the charges disappearing via lightning storm.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: March 06, 2013, 01:46:39 pm »

And yet Vanida is more vulnerable than he is. Seriously, she rejected the only god willing to help her when she was right on the same planet as Udil and Aodun. Who's as hungry as fuck.

Naive as Corvus is, Vanida is a bit stupid for rejecting just about the only offer she'll get unless someone proves me wrong.
Well, Corvus failed to explain why Az-Sho was forced to kill dwarves. (he was forced to evacuate, true...)  And Vanida fail to understand what promises Thaneos broke.  (while she do think that his attack was stupid) So Corvus changed nothing about her opinion of him

As for OOC reasons, yep, Vanida should have chose alliance, any alliance
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: March 06, 2013, 01:48:47 pm »

Well, Corvus was sort of pissed as fuck when she tried to call him a hypocrite. This is the guy who doesn't like lying or having to backstab others, and he's also quite intelligent and connects the dots slightly easier and faster. He makes the assumption that others can too. Sadly, from first hand experience, a common occurrence IRL.

So yeah, Knowledge Jesus just got pissed at Vanida. Woo.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 01:52:41 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 379