Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 379

Author Topic: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread  (Read 415392 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon: A Game inspired by Godhood OOC and Application Thread
« Reply #2385 on: February 27, 2013, 04:42:03 pm »

Well like I said pacifism wasn't the greatest idea for a game like this.  Anyway I guess if you insist on being nicer, why not go to a king of some sort and promise him knowledge of advanced tactics capable of defeating his enemies.  In return he has to get all his subjects to worship you.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: February 27, 2013, 04:43:01 pm »

He also dislikes aiding violence of any sort,so tactics about war is not a good subject for him to be loaning.

Anyway I've got some stuff planned already.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: February 27, 2013, 04:45:12 pm »

SeaSpawn hurts don't it?
Looks like Gman is the ULTIMATE WEPON!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: February 27, 2013, 04:49:55 pm »

IamanElfCollaborator

I think you badly underestimate what one act can do.

You could
1) Create a whole new race of worshipers for yourself
2) You could seriously modify any creature, like granting sentience to all crows
3) You could create some Leonardo da Vinci level  geniuses to act like your prophets
And so on, so on, so on.
But you made a knowledge Jesus. Boring knowledge Jesus

I quite unhappy on how I spent many of my acts (OOC, not IC... IC they are  based on her impulsiveness\motivation. She has a female logic after all) but all other young gods are just wasting their acts so far

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: February 27, 2013, 04:51:18 pm »

SeaSpawn hurts don't it?
Looks like Gman is the ULTIMATE WEPON!
Thanks I think.

VGRAY!  NOOO they can actually hurt you!  Get out of there and return later for a sneak attack.
Sure thing peanut man!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: February 27, 2013, 04:53:56 pm »

Creating a whole race and house them where, precisely? The ninth continent is a hideously bad idea, and I'm not even sure about the eight others.

Sentience to all crows? And then what? He's not interested in listening to crows repeatedly harp on about making powered flight so they can do stuff, plus, they wouldn't be intelligent. They'd be sapient. But that doesn't mean they'd be smarter than a human kid. They're still animals.

The Crowblessed ARE supposed to be Leonardo Da Vinci level. Higher, even, considering the smartest of the Crowblessed are gifted with Corvus' pool of knowledge without going insane.

Also, my acts were spent getting worshippers and staying alive after I wasted my first turn.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 04:56:46 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: February 27, 2013, 04:58:13 pm »

You know, there are like, three continents occupied. There's Eversummer, the North, and the Dwarven one. If you take into account that the ninth is uninhabitable and that Azthor landed on another, that still leaves four empty continents for you to take.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: February 27, 2013, 05:00:10 pm »

I made a flashy entrance, which gives power to my new worshippers, and makes them almost invincible; not exactly a waste, but still wasteful in my opinion.
If I could change it, I would make it turn any Creature which spends it's life in darkness become empowered; but that's an act

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: February 27, 2013, 05:00:33 pm »

Hey Vgray, I just had an idea.  Go have your dragon grab a massive boulder.  Fly high enough that the arrows can't reach you... drop the boulder.  Repeat.
Sure thing peanut man!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: February 27, 2013, 05:01:28 pm »

You know, there are like, three continents occupied. There's Eversummer, the North, and the Dwarven one. If you take into account that the ninth is uninhabitable and that Azthor landed on another, that still leaves four empty continents for you to take.

In that case, the first option might be viable, but we run into game balance. NOBODY is going to like super intelligent beings running around under the command of a single god who can make them do what he likes. Assuming they aren't nerfed by the GM to be weaker physically, rendering making a race moot because then I need to expend another act to create a symbiotically attached race that is stupid but strong, which carries implications and difficulties of its own.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: February 27, 2013, 05:04:55 pm »

I would consider the Crowblessed to be a minor race... They just aren't too likely to reproduce; being old men

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: February 27, 2013, 05:06:52 pm »

Not even a race. Literally, 20 or so male individuals with only two or three of them possessing the open mind to utilise Corvus' pool of knowledge.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: February 27, 2013, 05:09:45 pm »

Uuuuh... The Shades have weapons/armor now... They don't have to get as close to kill you, and pose a threat to your hide armors. I like to think they sever their own limbs to create weapons/armor because who needs regular darkness?!?

Still waiting for the big Seaspawn revolt scheduled to happen, due to being submitted awfully early.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 05:11:41 pm by javierpwn »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: February 27, 2013, 05:11:49 pm »

The Crowblessed ARE supposed to be Leonardo Da Vinci level. Higher, even, considering the smartest of the Crowblessed are gifted with Corvus' pool of knowledge without going insane.
Hmmm... what pool of knowledge? You never created one.  And

Mighty Act- Create the Crowblest, a group of wise men who can handle the knowledge of Corvus without going insane from the sheer quantity.
You created a group of men that can hold huge amount of knowledge, but gave them zero knowledge and no ability to access some source of knowledge.

In that case, the first option might be viable, but we run into game balance. NOBODY is going to like super intelligent beings running around under the command of a single god who can make them do what he likes.
Yes, no other god in the game world ever created a mighty creature or race....

gman8181, If you create a blatant OOC alliance, at least, please, do it via PMs
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: February 27, 2013, 05:13:15 pm »

The pool of knowledge Corvus holds in his mind.

If you think I built one, then stop reading my plans dammit.

Also, said gods can get away with it due to being much more powerful or at least slightly more powerful than Corvus. Corvus hasn't had time or power to build on, so creating a race who can access his pool of knowledge aka his mental pool is probably not the best idea right now.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 05:17:02 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 379