Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Citys  (Read 5611 times)

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
Citys
« on: January 18, 2013, 04:24:14 pm »

How do you find it? edit: given original responses, here's a transplant of a post below.

I was writing an introductory post, but i decided against it as it boiled down to questions and perceptions and thought something simple could do the job as easily. What I'm after is to see how you perceive them. Stuck in a village as i am, i wanted to hear about your perceptions of city's, the divide between country and urban, whether you have much to do, simply whether it's worth the effort. I considered a convoluted post, but all i wanted, in the end, was your perception and experiences in the city's you've been too. I'm looking for stories, and a better understanding of how life works within. I'll edit this in, but i hoped brevity did not translate to spam.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 05:37:16 pm by Novel »
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Citys
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 04:44:39 pm »

PTLTPOTT

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 04:47:10 pm »

Fucking cities, how do they work?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 04:51:54 pm »

Stop creating spam threads, Novel.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 05:25:40 pm »

Novel, this is a bad thread, even by your standards -.-'

but seriously, how DO they work?

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 05:35:54 pm »

I was writing an introductory post, but i decided against it as it boiled down to questions and perceptions and thought something simple could do the job as easily. What I'm after is to see how you perceive them. Stuck in a village as i am, i wanted to hear about your perceptions of city's, the divide between country and urban, whether you have much to do, simply whether it's worth the effort. I considered a convoluted post, but all i wanted, in the end, was your perception and experiences in the city's you've been too. I'm looking for stories, and a better understanding of how life works within. I'll edit this in, but i hoped brevity did not translate to spam. Edit: On the other hand, I'm open to advice on opening posts.

2nd edit:
Novel, this is a bad thread, even by your standards -.-'

but seriously, how DO they work?

This isn't a running joke, is it? I've given the explanation behind such openings more then once, and you claim to have read said threads, though quite likely not my reply's. It's not as if we're bereft of amorphous threads under a vague topic, as the happy, wtf and sad threads attest.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 05:45:25 pm by Novel »
Reading a thinner book

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 05:58:38 pm »

This thread isn't horrible, but I don't venture over here much.
Honestly, cities are crap.
 - They are much more lonely (most people look away)
 - It's far harder to make friends (I mean the kind of people I like won't be at a sports club (trust me I've been at them a while, fun places and great work out, but gah the majority of people I meet have no amibition.
 - Also it takes sooo long to get anything done (Back home I could get in the car or on a bike, get to the store and back in like 30mins. City = 1 hour trip).
 - Cities also smell like crap

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 06:03:04 pm »

Ah, you meant find as in "I find this movie entertaining." We thought you meant find as in "I found a quarter today."

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 06:10:22 pm »

Heh. That's right, condemn anyone without an avatar! Wait till the spambot revolution comes! Just wait!
Reading a thinner book

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 06:12:56 pm »

To be honest, it was probably the combination of what PoH said, your reputation, and the very empty OP ;)

On Topic: I like cities. Just not the really big ones (>0.5m). And with 'like', I mean 'am used to'.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 08:57:51 pm »

Cities, when planned and built properly, actually have services within a reasonable distance from each other.  I really dislike driving all the time (especially in the winter), and prefer the extra options cities offer compared to living in the middle of nowhere being 15 miles from any sort of variety of business or culture.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 09:15:04 pm »

As representative heretofore of the City of Greater New York, I would like to comment. Cities are good if you have friends already. They're alos good for meeting people though. I can just be waiting in line and start talking.

Also, it's had to say, since I don't know what you want to know. It's uh, very nice. Lot's of tourists though. Trains are good though. And uh, yeah.

Also, perhaps Novel can have one big thread where he picks a subject.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 11:31:43 pm »

Wait, there's places that are not cities ?? The further I ever lived to a city was 10-15 minutes.

On another note :
Also, perhaps Novel can have one big thread where he picks a subject.
This' indeed a good idea, more interesting than lots of short lived threads.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2013, 11:47:46 pm »

EDIT: Disregard, space and time have warped in my head and transpired that I thought this was in Other Games.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2013, 11:50:00 pm »

Don't worry guys. He drove his Vickers Mk. E Type B off a cliff today too. He's just like this
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4