Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 89

Author Topic: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)  (Read 114436 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)
« Reply #1140 on: November 20, 2013, 04:11:20 pm »

Keep in mind, the gods are not omniscient here. There is the possibility that the anvil can be used and they just don't know it.

Either way, I'd rather say we tried and failed than to say we didn't try at all.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: November 22, 2013, 08:19:50 pm »

Keep in mind, the gods are not omniscient here. There is the possibility that the anvil can be used and they just don't know it.

Either way, I'd rather say we tried and failed than to say we didn't try at all.
I agree

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: November 23, 2013, 04:19:23 pm »

When Seum wakes up, he does not care at all about the fact that you possessed a stable boy. he just assumed he was an assassin and moves on.
Living among the spiral-dwarves made him a bit more "loose" then before. Awesome.
The journey is... uneventful. The horses are of worse quality, and this host body is weak. The only advantages from is that you know how to take care of a horse now, which helps getting some mileage.
This is proving to be rather uneventful.

You are extremely fucked at the moment. Of all the things you could possibly meet, you found a frozen flesh golem, a remnant of one of the necromancer feuds, if you'd have to guess. The amalgamation of bodies is fast, but the care you gave the horses made it possible to make a run for it.
Eventually, you find a thin passageway, of which the walls are covered in yellow... stuff and blood. It's too narrow for the golem, but it throws some zombies off it's back and in your path. You trample them with ease(roll=17) though Seum's horse got scratched. The golem roars with it's many mouthes, each body giving an own scream.
It makes for a haunting effect, and made Seum fall into outright panic.

By the time you're homefree for sure, there's another dwarf mountain up ahead, though it's filled with all races due to it's great position for restocking and trading. Nazomburough, according to the map.
Perfect for restocking, so you both enter, though Seum needed to be assured you won't leave again, nor that we mention footwear.
Unlike last time, the entrance is not a marketplace, but more of a grand entrance to allure anyone who enters. A giant statue with gems in all places where they could be put dominates the middle of the room, and it is currently getting polished by a large group of dwarves, hanging on ropes.
There's much to do here, of that you have no doubt. One of the dwarves spits on your shoes, though.
You still look like a weak stable-boy. That should be rectified.

Before setting off on an exploration, however, you contact death. Or, more accurately, ATTEMPT to contact him. After a long time you finally see an annoyed raven, telling you buzz off and leave Mort to his business.
This guy is the worst thing ever.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: November 23, 2013, 04:42:23 pm »

We could possess a dwarf. I don't want to jump into it though without first finding a good suitable host. No point moving from one useless body to another.

Anyway, look around the town for anything interesting. Maybe find a place to sell our dragon sword.
Sure thing peanut man!

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: November 23, 2013, 11:42:10 pm »

Could look for a human or elf, if a good body can be found, but yeah, a good dwarf body would be ideal.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #1145 on: November 26, 2013, 11:11:40 pm »

Elves are more Better at going on the surface, so that we we can navigate the lands, and if we somehow manage to get A Ranger elf, Bonus, So I suggest going

elf.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: November 28, 2013, 03:17:00 pm »

Finding a new body is no easy feat. A ranger isn't around for these harsh, creatureless lands filled with undead, and dwarves are rarely solitary unless already possessed in these types of lands. Still, an opportunity should present itself sometime, you wager.
The marketplace is quite easy to access, anybody with anything to sell is free to just take a mat and sell it.
As for the dragon sword, it found a happy new owner in the mayor, who threw around quite some money to get it. Seum barely even had to start selling it before the fat dwarf jumped in. 200 coins more, and free room and board in the dwarven chambers.
Seum was happy, especially for the chance to meet some dwarves that are respectable.

Most remain a bit hateful towards you. Your boots are permanently moist from all the spit, and your nerves are getting sat upon. When one of them takes you into a private corner, to beat you to death, you have a new body to play with.
Dumping your former body was looked upon with no surprise.
He isn't a high-ranking soldier, or even a well-liked one. This should work out without trouble at all.
Probably.
Seum is exploring the mountain in search of a prince. Seeing how the royalty isn't here, he'll have to look for some other kind of prince as these dumb prophecies ALWAYS do.

I think.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #1147 on: November 29, 2013, 12:05:11 pm »

Ask Seum to ask around where hte nearest Elfish, Human, or dwarven capital is nearby, and then look for A good fitting Horse armor, for Kinky protective reasions.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: November 29, 2013, 05:53:03 pm »

+1

Some dwarf armor for our host as well, if we don't already have something.
Sure thing peanut man!

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: December 04, 2013, 01:06:35 pm »

Dwarven armor is of no concern, though it's standard issue, meaning it won't be the best possible thing you can acquire.
Still, it's decent. Finding Seum in this maze is no easy feat, either, but nobody wants to mess with a nasty-looking dorf soldier.
Eventually, you use some directions to find the "freshest tourist", and find him talking to some shady characters. They split the second they see you, leaving an annoyed Seum behind.
And who are you, and what do you require of me?
All this crap, I suggest you cut it.
Oh fine, horse-breath. Hope you don't mind that you just chased off some possible information, because that's what you just did.
Nag nag nag. What would you discover from those simpletons anyway? The best way to keep alcohol in your beard?
The location of the underground, for one. Might have gotten something we could use as "dwarven prince".

The next course of action was trying to follow the route the informers took off to. During the annoyed walk Seum gives you two useful pieces of information.
One: he doesn't know anything about a capital nearby, due to this being in the asscrack of nowhere.
Second: horse armor is kind of unneeded when you are in the body of a dwarf.
Eventually, you don't find it anything. Seum is quite annoyed, and so are you.
It's a party of annoyance and everyone invited.

I think.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: December 04, 2013, 08:25:37 pm »

Get some dwarven prints, nobody will know the difference...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: December 04, 2013, 08:52:06 pm »

Maybe use our new host body to find the military leader here and possess him / her. They'd probably know some useful information that we could use.
Sure thing peanut man!

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: December 05, 2013, 08:04:50 pm »

Maybe use our new host body to find the military leader here and possess him / her. They'd probably know some useful information that we could use.
+1

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: December 09, 2013, 08:15:25 am »

+1
+1

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: December 12, 2013, 04:13:45 pm »

You get the smart idea to try and get the military leader as a host body. Yes, that should work out just fine. Seum doesn't agree on taking over another person.
You turn around to get going anyway, and discover a hand on your bald little head. Seum pulls you back forcibly.
We are not going to kill an innocent man because you want some potentially useful information for a question we aren't even sure will lead us to some dwarf king!
Even without that info, he's still going to be useful.
I cannot allow this. You're are going too far!
Then just try and stop me, mortal.

You remove yourself from his grip, and begin your stride towards the barracks. Before you can get far, however, you feel a kick to the side, a hand in your pocket and a punch to the face. Your dwarven hardyness keeps you up though, and you try to grab the purple-clothed thief.
He trips from grab, but manages to start running anyway, with you and Seum in hot pursuit. The chase quickly moves to the upper levels of the caverns, and then the rooftops. Seum has little trouble following him, while you stay at street-level, knocking over anybody stupid enough to get in the way.
The chase ends when the thief jumps through a hole which was covered in rotten planks. You enter the building from below as Seum follows.
You instantly regret you decision as the door closes behind you, and light go in front of you.

You seem to be inside a small arena, large enough for 1 on 1 fights. You grab for your weapon, and find a two-handed axe.
That'll work.
There are many gates that lead to cages, ranging from wolves, to cave bats, there's even a bear! there's a small elven crowd around you, all covered with face-concealing purple cloth.
There are bones and sand on the ground, and one door leads to the outside, presumably for the sentient contestants.
strategy?

I think.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 89