Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 89

Author Topic: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)  (Read 114362 times)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)
« Reply #1080 on: October 22, 2013, 05:52:59 pm »

I May add that we going on a quest to actually save the world, so if we die from good, then that might not go so well. Saving Melvin's lot didn't  hurt us or weaken us, the wooziness is from all the fighting, the hell portal and mass butchers, we are fine.

Evil simply gives us power, at worse good would weaken us. Suggest we go with whoever suggested asking Put if "good" will kill us before we engage mass evildoing.

Edit: If we do go for mass evil, lets bring more goblins and possibly trolls under our command, could use a proper evil hoard to do the dirty work our cult can't endanger its self by doing.
Edit 2: Would also mean we would likely run into more entities that took over other tribes/groups/whatever they call themselves.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 06:39:02 pm by Cain12 »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: October 23, 2013, 08:48:22 pm »

^^^
I agree with most of that. If good killed us, we wouldn't be sent on a mission to save the world. That is unless saving the world for selfish reasons counted as evil. In which case what we're doing now would fit into the same category.

Getting more minions sounds like a good plan but our priest can handle that while we get back to our world saving mission which is probably more important. Anyway, there's no reason in particular we should have to use goblins instead of our cultists (by which I assume you mean our human followers). In the end both are just pawns to be callously thrown away as it suits our purpose. Humans have no more particular worth to us than goblins that I can see. Both simply serve to get tasks done and as far as I can see both are similarly useful in regards to acting as cannon fodder. So unless we find out a reason why goblins would be better (do they breed faster or something?), we shouldn't limit our "horde" in that particular manner.

Yeah, we may run into more entities in the future, but at least some of them will be allied with us if they serve the same god.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: October 24, 2013, 02:29:07 am »

Yeah I meant humans when I said cultists, and I meant, well you (or I guess I) expect goblins to attack a large human town or pillage it, you expect our humans to enter that town and then they gain info to help establish a base, spy, convert and fight when it comes time to, but yeah if we need a hoard no reason to exclude humans unless we want it to look like a goblin attack. The opposite may be true for goblin homes but in general it is easier (imo) to defeat the leader in combat and take over that way.
Could find an able goblin (able bodied, loyal to Put, loyal to us, ect) and let him do the taking over, would give us a chance to delegate some of our tasks, and we could challenge and beat him anytime we need to take over. Risks possession though by another entity that may infiltrate our ranks.

And yeah we do have the whole saving the world thing, so I guess we will leave once we have done everything that needs to be done now here, maybe tell the priest to contact us again if something like this happens, maybe put the necromancer to making a few golems for use on a later date. Hope Seum still has the ring, I kinda see him getting caught and losing it.

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
Re:You are an entity that's kinda-sorta evil but officially neutral(suggestion)
« Reply #1083 on: October 26, 2013, 01:39:12 pm »

Just so everybody knows, there are no restrictions on chiming in, ever. You want to say something, do it. If it's critique on how I write PLEASE say that.

You fight off the feeling of nausea long enough to make a speech.
Behold the power of putribillius, here to protect you all from the evils of this world. But he stands alone, and he would you continue to aid ungrateful fools? Be enlightened, keep yourself safe! My people are spread throughout, search and you shall find the way!
You remove your self from the people holding you up, run into an alleyway and poof out using your gas form. It'll leave some impression, you'd bet.

You manage to force yourself towards the tower, and then you decide it'd be a fun time to excrete some sort of black tar. It is rather uncomfortable, to say the least.
You also can't contact put, and you're vomiting tar again. You pull yourself inside the tower and pass out.
You have a dream then. Which is sort of odd, as you don't actually dream or sleep for that matter. You see the creator before you.
HEY, Good job on saving a good 53,596 souls from destruction. oh wait, you got a few in a bottle, that means you have a minus 3 on that! But, that puts you up a rank in your alignment! You get to pick a new god to represent!
What!? This was not the intention!
Hey, I don't make the rules, bud. OH WAIT! YEAH I DO! At any rate, there's nothing stopping you from doing enough evil to return to your spot under lawful evil. So, here are your choices!
A sudden light blinds you, and the next thing you see are many spotlights, and three curtains. A curious little jingle is playing in the background.
First up, the prim, proper and practical god of avarice and money! The one and only Cornu illud Copiae! He's the one I put under lawful neutral, he's got some great things going for him!
The god really doesn't look like much, to be entirely honest. He looks like a dwarf who has a bear long enough to create clothes out of. Which he did, actually. Other then that, his teeth and eyeballs are made of gold.
The creator nudges you a bit, and holds you tightly before whispering into your ear: I'm not supposed to tell ya this, but he's kind of a dweeb. Got some great perks though. money, mainly, and some convincing and trading bonuses!
But, gentle-entit, this is not the end, oh no, not by far! Next up the the ever aloof, ever intimidating and most of all just plain cool! The one and only, DEATH!
He looks like a vague shadow, to you, with a scythe that could cut the words you speak. He takes the form of whatever the interpretation of death is for the victim.
OOOOH, watch out Mort, You may have a little extra fan, soon! Also, Cornu? I suppose you've got a chance as well. Technically. BUT NOOOOOOW
All the lights go out, and the spotlight over the final curtain slowly comes in.
The curtain opens, and just about the most beautiful thing in the universe is before you. Or, that's what you guess. Being a ball of gas makes your sexual preference sort of non-existant.
And here she is, the mysterious one and only lady of luck, Fortunaty! I'll be honest, to me she's easily my favorite.
Oh please, you won't get my favour with nothing but a measley entity. Not to say I would mind taking him under my wing.
Well, make a choice!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

At some point my brain decided the creator is Robin Williams. Specifically the genie.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 04:12:23 am by Kitten Snot »
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: October 26, 2013, 01:58:21 pm »

Go for Lady Luck, we already know her anyway, and she seems to be the sort that will let us just get on with whatever. Return to tower, tell the Priestess to pass on the message that we're rather annoyed at Put for not letting us run away and get a raise on our evil meter, and then go make Hero Guy feel ashamed because we rescued 53,593 souls and he didn't do anything. Keep the three souls as pets, like a goldfish. Get new bottle.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: October 26, 2013, 02:05:02 pm »

Let the Creator know we only saved the souls because Putt ordered us to and we know he could kill us if he wanted. Continue on by arguing that if anything, Putt should have his alignment changed, not us. We are still irredeemably evil and would love nothing than to devour souls and dominate the world for our own selfish purposes. In fact, we were hoping to steal all the souls from the demon and devour them but unfortunately that didn't work out. If the Creator doesn't see eye to eye with us, I'd say let's go with Death. Then when we get back, have our cultists kidnap a huge amount of people and sacrifice them to us and Putt. Tell them we are extremely weakened from saving the town and we need the power of sacrifice to recover properly.

Edit: Actually on second thought, do that last bit either way.
Sure thing peanut man!

Travisplo

• Bay Watcher
  • Lich with Bumps of grandeur! The Necromonsieur!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: October 26, 2013, 02:06:38 pm »

First, let's ask lady luck what her favorite creatures are. Ogres, perhaps?  :P But Luck is my choice!
Heh, I posted that as a joke. Then again, this is Bay12 and this plan is crazy enough to work...
Bump all day, bump all night, yeah this thread needs a bump alright!

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: October 26, 2013, 04:06:20 pm »

Personally like Death, but dont want to lose Put,
Let the Creator know we only saved the souls because Putt ordered us to and we know he could kill us if he wanted. Continue on by arguing that if anything, Putt should have his alignment changed, not us. We are still irredeemably evil and would love nothing than to devour souls and dominate the world for our own selfish purposes. In fact, we were hoping to steal all the souls from the demon and devour them but unfortunately that didn't work out. If the Creator doesn't see eye to eye with us, I'd say let's go with Death.

+1, since when has arguing with the gods ever resulted in bad things happening?
-1 to sacrificing to our self, maybe Put, but wait til we can get some people to the temple and do it proper like full set up, would need to know if Put has any particulars when it comes to offerings, if we need anything we don't have ect.

Edit: Could also see what we can do to the 3 souls we got, ask Put or whatever god we end up with, the necromancer, people that would know ect.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 07:07:52 pm by Cain12 »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: October 26, 2013, 04:32:22 pm »

Eh. I'd prefer Death. But Lady Luck is also a good choice. Death seems closer to Put than any of them, though luck.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: October 26, 2013, 04:33:39 pm »

Let the Creator know we only saved the souls because Putt ordered us to and we know he could kill us if he wanted. Continue on by arguing that if anything, Putt should have his alignment changed, not us. We are still irredeemably evil and would love nothing than to devour souls and dominate the world for our own selfish purposes. In fact, we were hoping to steal all the souls from the demon and devour them but unfortunately that didn't work out. If the Creator doesn't see eye to eye with us, I'd say let's go with Death. Then when we get back, have our cultists kidnap a huge amount of people and sacrifice them to us and Putt. Tell them we are extremely weakened from saving the town and we need the power of sacrifice to recover properly.

+1

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: October 26, 2013, 05:25:07 pm »

Well Death presumably has a close relationship with Put, what with Put being a major figure in the afterlife...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Travisplo

• Bay Watcher
  • Lich with Bumps of grandeur! The Necromonsieur!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: October 27, 2013, 01:34:32 am »

What, no mention of "Ogre Civ Quest"?
Heh, I posted that as a joke. Then again, this is Bay12 and this plan is crazy enough to work...
Bump all day, bump all night, yeah this thread needs a bump alright!

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: October 28, 2013, 09:48:32 pm »

So on the off chance that we don't get around to changing our alignment back, will the title of this game be changed to
"You are a neutral entity (suggestion game)" :P
Sure thing peanut man!

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: October 31, 2013, 04:28:21 pm »

This isn't my fault, you know. I wanted to run, at first, but Put forced me back. And even then, I wanted to steal those souls and take them for my own!
Really? Well that's really unfair for you then, but hell tends to sully up our vision on things. Look, I didn't make the rules, alright? OH WAIT, I DID. SUCKS TO BE YOU! He gives a a loud hearty laugh at your expence.
And your respect for the gods just died. Not really, of course, but you understand the reason for all the entities who leave their gods.
I choose Death.
But you've got so much to live for. WUHAH WUHAH WUHAH. Buuut fine. You get to go to death. Off you go.

Death comes closer to you. Before you can talk, he throws his mantle over you.
You wake up again on the floor of your tower. It's more "come to your senses" though. A ball of gas has a pretty hard time to be asleep. You look different. You're black now,for one.
Your solid form, predictably, looks different too. You look like a pale horse, wearing armor made of bones. While most certainly fashionable, it's not all that practical or original. Your ring is now a sort of bracelet, so that, at least, is still usable.

The meeting with your priestess went surprisingly well. After a little bit of explaining she believed you, especially with the soul-bottle. She'll keep the whole thing running while you figure out a way through the evil barrier.
Then, back to your hero. your priestess puts you in a bottle and throws you away through your portal.
Seum's a mess. He has a small scruffy beard even, and he doesn't register you. You clop your hooves.
Hey, time to go.
He doesn't even a say a single thing, and instantly climbs on your back. The trip back outside was surprisingly easy. Multiple dwarves are already cleaning things up. One of them greets you, even.
They got on with their life surprisingly well. You take any food you can find along the way and give it to Seum, who munches it down quickly.

The explanation doesn't even happen. He just got a second vision from the creator that told him that you switched up your form.
At least the jerk does the paperwork after switching someone.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

again, critique is welcome if you have any.
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: October 31, 2013, 05:06:13 pm »

Ask Seum what our current plan is. If he's given up hope, do a 'get off of your butt and go save the world' inspiring speech.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 89