Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 89

Author Topic: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)  (Read 114439 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)
« Reply #1035 on: October 06, 2013, 06:09:54 pm »

but a rot missile would be slower, and wouldn't destroy any souls, and wouldn't necessarily separate the ritual from its power supply...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: October 07, 2013, 06:48:12 pm »

but a rot missile would be slower, and wouldn't destroy any souls, and wouldn't necessarily separate the ritual from its power supply...
Well it would be faster than the time it takes to reach the body for possession. But yeah destroying the body could have negative effects like giving the hell/magical energies no where to go or releasing it all on the surrounding area or something so if we do attack the portal with no extra knowledge I would rather go for an assault on the soul, less likely to lose anyone else. (not that our character would care about that motivation)

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: October 09, 2013, 01:23:06 pm »

Getting to the other side of the room will prove to be difficult. You enter the closest husk and turn it into a butcher. It's a slow process, but you scream to the guards to just let you transform. With them dealing with all manner of beasties and illusion and gods know what else, it's not that difficult.
Chopping through any resistance proves easy enough, and you finally get to the whitening soul. You enter that little mind and take a look at this soulscape.
It's a huge library, but it's filled with holes of oblivion. If anything falls through that, it will cease to be. That's quite scary, come to think of it.
The soul itself is cowering and is being sucked empty by what seems to be a huge horde of ticks. It's disgusting, to be honest.

Killing a few ticks made them angry. They removed themselves from the corpse, and they clump together in a sort of eye. Then their legs meld together and grow...
You are fighting a tick-leech. With one giant eye in it's mouth.
you bite it in the eye the first time it attempts to eat you. It dies after screaming and convulsing a bit.
Honestly, why do they make their weakspots so glaringly obvious? The ticks dissolve again, and the biggest black tick remains. It flashes brightly, blinding you.
When your vision works again, the tick looks like a succubus. Impossible hourglass figure, sultry voice spewing bullshit about pleasures, yadda yadda.
You just bite the soul. The succubus screams in rage.

You don't feel great when you get back out, but the portal looks weakened. It then fires a beam at you, but it doesn't do anything.
You don't have a soul! haha.
Stupid mortality assumptions.
The portal will be shutting down now, so that's great. You basically have this won now!
Then a large hand comes through. The portal vomits up a huge appearance, which crashes through the levels of the mansion, then exploding outwards.

It's a huge red humanshaped demon. With the minor differance that it has a mouth starting from his head to his lower body, and that he has some sort of sacks.
Fucking hell, we're gonna have to climb to rupture those sacks. A climb of about 150 feet.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: October 09, 2013, 01:26:15 pm »

Climb? Hahaha, we can become gas, fuck physics!

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: October 09, 2013, 01:45:09 pm »

Tell Seum that, if he has any way to defeat a city-destroying demon from however-far-away, DO IT.

If we can make anyone with a reasonable weapon fly, DO IT.

If we can make ANY superweapon that will not result in our own death, DO IT.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: October 09, 2013, 01:49:45 pm »

Well that went well.
Try possession of the giant demon?  :P (jk)

Edit: As for an actual suggestion, climb high on buildings or the demons body, then fire crossbow bolts or rot missiles at the sacks once we could reasonably hit them.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 01:54:10 pm by Cain12 »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: October 09, 2013, 01:58:53 pm »

I'm going to mention it again: we can float in gas form.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: October 09, 2013, 02:41:17 pm »

Float up, solidify, shoot at it, fall, turn to gas, repeat.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: October 09, 2013, 03:02:02 pm »

I'm going to mention it again: we can float in gas form.
Saw the first time, keep in mind we are slower whilst floating, climb first, go gas form and float once we either fall or it becomes hard enough to climb that it would be faster floating.
Could find a bottle, go gas form, enter it, have it thrown at the demon, when it breaks start floating up, would give a boost.

Edit: Could have the necromancer open a portal farther up then throw the bottle through/we float through.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 03:03:57 pm by Cain12 »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: October 09, 2013, 03:43:13 pm »

If the portal is closed, why do we care? Let the others deal with it and leave. Even if the whole city is destroyed, we can just move in our goblins later on.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: October 09, 2013, 05:36:51 pm »

If the portal is closed, why do we care? Let the others deal with it and leave. Even if the whole city is destroyed, we can just move in our goblins later on.
Well we do have a tower here (one with a tunnel leading to our goblin's home I think), plus our cult's main income method (trading) relies on having alive customers, so its in our best interest to keep this place alive.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: October 09, 2013, 06:13:35 pm »

Rot missile the sacks. Really guys, it is kind of obvious.

Travisplo

• Bay Watcher
  • Lich with Bumps of grandeur! The Necromonsieur!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: October 09, 2013, 06:49:59 pm »

+ IT ALL! SO MUCH THAT WE SHOOT EVERY INCH WITH ROT!
Heh, I posted that as a joke. Then again, this is Bay12 and this plan is crazy enough to work...
Bump all day, bump all night, yeah this thread needs a bump alright!

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: October 09, 2013, 08:03:24 pm »

Yeah, we will likely lose income and some followers if the city is destroyed... but is that really such a big deal? Both things can be regained in time but if we die, it's game over. Risk vs gain here doesn't really favor us in my opinion. Sure we've taken chances and gotten lucky in the past but testing luck too many times might eventually backfire.

I suppose a compromise would be to gain a nice safe distance and shoot some rot missiles at it and if things don't seem to be going favorably, we turn tail and flee.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: October 10, 2013, 02:29:02 am »

Yes indeed, which is why it has already been mentioned by myself and, I assume, Urist.
Yeah, we will likely lose income and some followers if the city is destroyed... but is that really such a big deal? Both things can be regained in time but if we die, it's game over. Risk vs gain here doesn't really favor us in my opinion. Sure we've taken chances and gotten lucky in the past but testing luck too many times might eventually backfire.

I suppose a compromise would be to gain a nice safe distance and shoot some rot missiles at it and if things don't seem to be going favorably, we turn tail and flee.
Well we do have a quest to get back too, can we afford to take a break to fix up the cult? At least try to fight, run the hell away if that starts to go badly, preferably try to tell our followers go through our tunnels to the goblin camp and then relocate from there or through a portal, unstable as they are.

Edit:Then again, it is a demon, and it is freaking huge, running would be somewhat wise.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 10:07:28 am by Cain12 »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 89