Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 89

Author Topic: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)  (Read 114466 times)

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
Re: You are an evil entity (suggestion game)
« Reply #1005 on: September 26, 2013, 07:54:53 pm »

Make molotov cocktails.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: September 27, 2013, 11:03:07 am »

lets spread rumours that the wizards are hiding because they have exhausted all their magic and their loot will be easy pickings until the cult moves in. Make preparations to siege the wizards. Look into options to block or corrupt teleportation magics. It cannot possibly be healthy to be teleported in close proximity to demonic portals or poorly contained enchantments...
+1

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: September 28, 2013, 03:45:59 pm »

Sadly, he got kicked out a good amount of time before the war started. So he can't say anything about any weaknesses that are current. He does ramble on about how they are too chickenshit to perform "real" magic, but that's for another time.
This guy is amusing, though. He spent 3 hours yelling at a chicken before transforming it in a skeleton that still lays eggs.
Somehow.
You are right in your assumption that teleportation is dangerous around interdimensional portals. You tap into a nearby universe and pop out using the shorter distance between two points. When there's one in the way....
Results aren't pretty.

Unfortunately, only your necromancer can create those, and the gates release some NASTY demons. You don't want to mess with those. These aren't the garden variety parasitic type you met before.
Also, you stop your hit and runs on groups of wizards. You personally deal with things now. It makes for great public relations to grab a wizard by his shoulders, then releasing him, then rotting him a little bit.
They run off with a nasty infection, and you hazard a guess that the gangrene will kill at least a few. Stories of a summoned demon are doing rounds after a few attack too.
More and more have locked themselves inside the wizard's biggest base, and you are gaining ground due to the assassins officially joining due to a wizard counter-attack.
I takes about two days, and then everything is in there. Wizards are honestly too squishy to fight alone. It's kinda sad.

They have to be desperate now...
They are all inside a huge mansion, and it's being defended around the clock by all manner of magical defenses.The windows have shields over them. Guessing from the lack of visible wizards though, they must be planning something big.
Plans?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: September 28, 2013, 04:15:11 pm »

Burn it down? Release a big demon and run away?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: September 28, 2013, 04:25:02 pm »

Time for possessing someone and turning him into a Put's demon?

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: September 28, 2013, 04:39:22 pm »

Time for possessing someone and turning him into a Put's demon?

Eh maybe but not alone. We shouldn't really risk ourselves too much when we still have expendable followers to throw at our problems. Also they're wizards which I would think makes us even more vulnerable.
Sure thing peanut man!

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: September 28, 2013, 06:33:34 pm »

Um, send one or two mooks (maybe possess one if we feel like taking the risk) to try and get in, with orders to retreat and report back?

Look for any form of mage hunter or mages unaffiliated with the guild in this town that could help with what to expect or help detect/disable traps ect?

Like the idea of hijacking/wrecking their ritual or whatever they are planning if we could get in.

Could warn the guards that the mages are planning something big that might harm the town and its time for them to step in, might use up some traps that have been set.
Also would like to keep the chicken, see if the eggs hatch, are tasty, ect.
Edit: Could see if our magical lewt could help us, find out what the stuff does anyway. Or look for any equipment we could buy that could help.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 06:39:50 pm by Cain12 »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: September 28, 2013, 06:35:22 pm »

Um, send one or two mooks (maybe possess one if we feel like taking the risk) to try and get in, with orders to retreat and report back?

Look for any form of mage hunter or mages unaffiliated with the guild in this town that could help with what to expect or help detect/disable traps ect?

Like the idea of hijacking/wrecking their ritual or whatever they are planning if we could get in.

Could warn the guards that the mages are planning something big that might harm the town and its time for them to step in, might use up some traps that have been set.
Also would like to keep the chicken, see if the eggs hatch, are tasty, ect.

I support warning the guards.
Sure thing peanut man!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: September 28, 2013, 07:03:15 pm »

Getting the eggs to hatch would, theoretically, require acquiring a companion for the skeleton...
 Hijacking their ultimate ritual for our own purposes sounds awesome, though we lack magical expertise and have other tasks to attend to.
 Infiltration would need to be crazy hard, they probably have detection spells running constantly over all the access points that they know of, if not the entire surface of their compound.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: September 28, 2013, 07:06:23 pm »

Getting the eggs to hatch would, theoretically, require acquiring a companion for the skeleton...
Well lets grab/buy another one if we have any time to spare on such a goal.

We could try digging underneath, would probably take too long though.
Hijacking their ultimate ritual for our own purposes sounds awesome, though we lack magical expertise and have other tasks to attend to.
 Infiltration would need to be crazy hard, they probably have detection spells running constantly over all the access points that they know of, if not the entire surface of their compound.
Edit: I assumed if we even got into the position to do so (unlikely) we would have the chance to (or already had) posses someone who dose have the know how. Well, I never said they would actually get in, just to see what they get stopped by first.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 07:55:30 pm by Cain12 »

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: September 30, 2013, 01:53:10 pm »

You personally go to the guard to ask for help. You knock on the great gates of the castle, and a slot opens with grey eyes poking through. A low voice sounds through the door.
What do you wish, Inkling?
A talk with the guard. The wizards are planning something big and nasty, and by now action must be taken.
Mmmmmh. You realize the Mongoose Mob isn't welcome here? The baron will have my head if I let you in... but I've lived long enough to realize that giving aid to some more... unscrupulous people tends to work out well.
He closes the slot, and you hear him walking away. Only a short while later, you hear heavy footsteps alongside the dragging gait of the gatekeeper. The gate itself opens, and an enormous armor set which probably contains somebody in it somewhere. It's the same man who defeated the captain in a fight, and he seems to be as huge as ever.
He speaks with a surprisingly soft voice, and he has a northern accent.
You wish me to send some men towards wizards to finish them off?
Yes. Straight to the point, at least.
Hm. We had planned to take down all weakened gangs, but it was too much of a curbstomp. At least we can take down one.

You don't like that guy. Seems a bit too calculating for his own good. He gathers up his own squad, all northerners from the looks of it, and follows you to the great mansion.
When you arrive, the house seems to be glowing. That's.... probably not a good sign.
Desperation is dangerous. We have to take them down, now.
He walks up to the fortified door, grabs his two-handed axe, and cuts through the door in two great swings. His men follow him during the charge, with croosbowmen at the sides, and the largest men up front.
Your men follow them, while the assassins are entering through the roof. You quickly gather some firebombs, and then get to making up your mind. Which way do you go?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: September 30, 2013, 01:57:31 pm »

With the main forces, so that we watch the carnage.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: September 30, 2013, 04:29:07 pm »

With the main forces, so that we watch the carnage.
+1

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: September 30, 2013, 05:32:17 pm »

Loot, loot, loot, loot, loot the cursed artefacts.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: September 30, 2013, 07:18:53 pm »

Uh? Our character is built for stealth. If you think we can dodge around and rot arms and stuff from the front sure.

But I'd rather come in from above with rot missiles behind to weaken morale.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 89